Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #480 - 06/19/14 at 16:12:58

Gang is all here, Dave & MM have gotten wet already - shot us some plastic drink bottles at 345 yards, currently cooking short ribs and dodging lighting strikes.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #481 - 06/19/14 at 16:17:16

...sigh.... wish we could have made it... guess i'll have to post pics of vegas trip...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #482 - 06/20/14 at 05:34:56

old_rider wrote on 06/19/14 at 16:17:16:
...sigh.... wish we could have made it... guess i'll have to post pics of vegas trip......

No you can't do that - What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas!

I arrived at MM's yesterday afternoon.  MY GPS played a trick on me, it said I would arrive at 2:30.....so I figured I had a 5 hour drive. Turns out I crossed a time zone and the arrival time was shown as the local time, so the drive was 6 hours!

It is a bright sunny morning....looks like a good day for a bike ride with some pals! Cool

IMG_1439.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #483 - 06/20/14 at 13:52:59

N I C E

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #484 - 06/20/14 at 15:16:28

LANCER wrote on 06/20/14 at 13:52:59:
N I C E

Wrong color   Sad

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #485 - 06/20/14 at 16:50:06

We left at around 9 this morning, and got back around 6.  We rode the entire length of TN 129.....not the US 129 (Dragon).  I guess we rode around 250 miles.....stopped for gas 3 times.  We were able to get Oldfeller near a Police Car....and this time he didn't have to provide his registration or proof of insurance!

IMG_1445.JPG

IP Logged
Doody814

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #486 - 06/20/14 at 18:08:17

MMRanch wrote on 06/19/14 at 07:18:10:
Doody
Dave will probley be the house here polishing his bike till show time.   Come     on your way to town.   231 south out of Shelbville , 129 east, my driveway is on the right 3 mile before town.

Sounds good MM! I'll probably come down late morning. That way I can meet & hang out with you guys a bit & share some bike stories before we go cheer on Dave, lol.

Sometimes when you've looked at everything, the problem ends up being the loose nut on the seat!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #487 - 06/20/14 at 20:27:44

Take more pics!... most of us live vicariously...

Well,...     ...I do... Huh...

Every time you're going to take a pic,... push that button 5 times... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #488 - 06/21/14 at 16:43:52

Today MMRanch and I were headed to Lynchburg for the Bike Rally, Oldfeller was going to stay and shoot the marauding 2 liter soda bottles, and Doody814 was enroute.  Just as MM and I were suiting up....we hear a familiar "BANG" down on the highway.  Doody814 had missed the driveway and his bike announced sudden closing of the throttle!

We then headed down to the Rally, and entered our bikes in the show.  We were a bit of a misfit in the available classes....except for MM.  Doody814 had to enter his Bobber in the Chopper class.  I had to enter my Cafe' bike in the Metric Cruiser 1,000 cc and less, and the only one in the proper class was MM with his freshly washed Sportster.

Doody 814 got second in the Chopper Class.

MMRanch won the Sportster  Class.

And I won the Metric Cruiser less than 1,000 cc.....no picture of this one yet.

Doody apparently had some battery problems....so we got him fueled up, his bike running....and sent him home with some prayers.

Dave

« Last Edit: 06/22/14 at 04:56:06 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #489 - 06/21/14 at 20:12:06

Cool guys!... Congratulations!...

Thanks fer' the pic's, Dave!...

Wink...

...are those pedals on Doody's bike?... Huh...
Neat!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Todd James

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mansfield, Ohio
Reply #490 - 06/21/14 at 22:09:30

Wow !
Two "Firsts" and a "Second" !
Three bikes entered and three trophies Smiley
That's an impressive showing.
Congratulations to all of you.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your time at the Dragon.

2007 S40, Dyna, 52.5/150, .073 Spacer, 2 Turns
2007 Sportster 1200, V&H Pipes
  IP Logged
Doody814

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #491 - 06/22/14 at 14:11:33

Yeah Serobot, they're pedals alright! I get lots of comments on those, lol.

Thought I was going to need some pedals on the way home last night. After we got our trophies, Dave & MM fired up...and then there was me...nothin! Not even a click! MM left & returned w/ a charger, but After a little charge, still nothing. With the help of a good ole local boy, I got a jump start & went back to The MMRanch.

But that's only half of the story...I still had a 45mile trip home, lol...which I didn't have the fuel for (dun dun duuuun). Unless I was planning on strapping on some jumper cables, I needed another solution...out the garage comes MM w/ a gas can! They shook my hand, recommended I unplug a headlight & not use turn signals, all so I could save battery juice, & sent me thumping down the road.

Also, on a side note, yes that's a trophy you see in that pic, but what you don't see is a saddle bag, cause there ain't one!!! After a some hobo engineering, I had a new backpack (my neck & shoulders still are sore from that bloody thing), but it worked!

Needless to say, I was praying the whole way home, but I made it in one piece & w/ no battery issues. Looking back on it, that was one of the best times I've had in a very long time. You couldn't find three nicer guys, and I'm privileged to have gotten to meet you all. I'm hoping we can get some more folks to join next year, y'all don't know what you're missing!

image_163.jpg

Sometimes when you've looked at everything, the problem ends up being the loose nut on the seat!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #492 - 06/22/14 at 14:26:36

...... and on another, more performance oriented topic.

Grin     Grin     Grin

Dave's bike is pretty.   It gets attention where ever he goes.

So a Hurley 883 sportster guy sees it stopped beside him at a wide four lane intersection stop light and immediately motions to challenge Dave to a drag race contest with both of them pulling away from the stop light when it changes.

It was really more of a roll on contest instead of a drag race, because Dave didn't really catch on what the guy wanted until they were both rolling forward a little bit.  

The other guy actually went first since Dave was a little slow on the pick up as to this was a real race.

So the Hurley guy is roaring his engine in first and second and third and breaking his rear tire loose a little bit and just doing his standard "dominating the world" thing right on up to 60 mph or so and then he looks back behind him to see how far he had left Dave back there in his 20w50 hurley oil and big fat Continental rubber burning rear tire smoke.

Whups .... Dave ain't there.   Only thing behind the Hurley dude is little old me, just idling along behind him a little off to the side as witness.

Dave is on the other side of his neck craning motion, just a idling along just a little ahead of him.

Dave is always very polite and nice, I'd have left the guy in the dust and gone on around the next turn before he finished all his roaring and thrashing.  I would not have held anything back to preserve his feelings, nope, not me, no siree bob.  

But Dave is a nicer person than I am.

So at the next stop light the Hurley 883 guy is loudly insisting on a rematch, he says he "hit his rev limiter" on his Sportster in first gear and that slowed him down some and that was what let Dave get ahead.   He wants a rematch so he can short shift his bike and "keep his momentum going".

Dave just smiles at him (having held back to no more than a partial one bike lead and not doing any spinning out at all, just pulling out at a normal brisk pace).    Dave was never behind the guy at all, ever.

So, Dave now has the ultimate Hurley Killer Savage, he has him a Savage that can kill a Hurley at what Hurleys do best, slow speed starting roll ons on up to about 85 mph.  

Drag racing would be a no brainer, since a Hurley always weights over 600 pounds and it will always break the rear tire loose and waste a lot of time making smoke while getting to going in any drag style start.

Hurleys do have LOTS OF TORQUE though, and for Dave to have to go consciously "be nice" and to have to let the guy sorta keep up with him means his Dave's Kentucky Thumper is strong enough (and Dave is light enough) to simply accelerate faster than the huge roaring smoking Hurley without even breaking his Savage's rear tire lose at all.    

Note:  Dave didn't wheelie, either -- a nice clean controlled motion all the way.

Dave didn't go give the guy his rematch, and after considering it a bit the guy stopped insisting on it.

"What makes you think Dave here had to actually use all he had available to him to beat you ???  

His front end stayed down the whole time and I didn't even hear his engine snarl any at all ....  you might be better off to leave well enough alone since at least this time you can say you were close."

Hurley people, what can you say?    At least we didn't allow the guy to go damage his bike any while he was exercising his ego, which is more than many of them Hurley folks can say after going up against a well tuned Savage.

Of course, the damage to the Hurley  may show up later since I don't think any form of Hurley really takes well to "bouncing off their rev limiters" with that pushrod based valve train and all --- and we do know from past experience the primary chain drive spline on the crank itself can shell itself out into a walking wounded state and then actually go completely to pieces somewhat later on down the road when the tooth cracks progress on into complete separations,

Who knows?   Time will tell .....

Wink

« Last Edit: 06/22/14 at 17:33:34 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #493 - 06/22/14 at 15:33:50

no video... it didn't happen.

Grin Grin Grin Huh Grin Grin Grin Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #494 - 06/22/14 at 17:00:10

Under common law, a verbal contract can be verified by three direct first person witnesses, and we got that number of direct first person witnesses to this episode.

Ask 'em.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:19:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.