Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #450 - 06/04/14 at 07:10:12

By all means, Dave, ride in comfort.     This is intended to be a laid back, comfortable trip.

The thought of riding a RYCA for a solid week makes my knees and butt and back and arms and shoulders and wrists ache just thinking about it.

==========================

WE ARE 11 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

WE ARE THREE DAYS AWAY FROM SPITTING ON THE BLUE RIDGE WEATHER

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg TN 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives, day of bull shootn & shootn
Thursday June 19th, Dave arrives
Friday, June 20th, road trips and shooting
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there

Oldfeller                    18th
Dave                        19th
Zar                         when he can
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes      

Blue Ridge Campground
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

« Last Edit: 06/10/14 at 19:39:57 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #451 - 06/04/14 at 07:58:22

I would love to bounce around on the Cafe' bike for several days in the mountains.  The stops that we make every hour to two to sight see, fuel up or check the map gives my butt, ams and hands enough of a break!  The big issue becomes the 5 hour trip from MM's to the Blueridge.......if it is only MM and I making the trip.  I am sure that following my car and trailer would not be a good scenario for MM to enjoy the trip.  I can't pack enough stuff on the Cafe' bike to go camping.  If I brought the Honda and left the car and trailer at home then MM and I could make the ride over to Blueridge another part of the adventure.

Time will tell what happens.  I will show up on something.....it is weather and temperment dependent to figure out which bike it will be.  I believe that MM never lets a chance to ride his bike pass him by.....so I am betting he and I will be going to the Blueridge unless the weather just turns out to be really nasty.

Dave      

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #452 - 06/04/14 at 08:40:26

looks like the st needs a trailer hitch.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #453 - 06/05/14 at 11:22:51

Finally got a call through to MM.

He apologizes for trusting AT&T with their "U"verse package to meet their sales claims,  they installed it and it only works 40% of the time and AT&T can't seem to fix it after two trips.

So, MM has very spotty to no internet right now.   And since he runs his phone through the net he's got no phone either most of the time.

He is down to posting from the library and returning his calls from wherever he can.

To belatedly answer Old-Rider's bathroom question:  

"Sure, we got two full bathrooms downstairs, use them whenever we want, shower included."

To my question about his wife and gun noise:

"She's used to it, I shoot off the back awning area all the time."

He's looking for us on the 19th.  

He probably won't be on line until AT&T fixes his internet (or admits they can't fix it and puts him back on DSL for no service charge).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #454 - 06/06/14 at 13:46:02

Hello from the Library ...  

Still awaiting answer on night time potty arrangement.... i'm asking on her behalf because I know she won't....
open back door policy?
or outhouse?

The house has two bathrooms , we can camp (cot) by the fire pit or the barn loft ... or on the couch (got 5 recliners in the living room).

The signs are up in town for the rally already.    

Att is still fixing the internet "Tomorrow  Huh"

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #455 - 06/07/14 at 00:55:42

AT&T "U"verse is a bump up from DSL when it works right.  

Had it at my mother in laws place for three years.  For a present last Christmas we dumped it, got her a standard Time Warner "internet only" set up, but we didn't take any of the TW BS packages (just a plain internet connection).  

We then got Grandma a Roku and a Simple TV box and an antenna.   She likes her Roku a lot.   She uses the the family's various extra spare connections on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu + and Acorn (Brit TV) and she never lacks something to watch since that is pretty much her life now.  

Simple TV and the antenna records all her standard ABC/NBC/CBS/UNCTV programs that she likes to watch and keeps them on a 1 terabyte drive until she gets around to running through them.

She, like everybody else now won't watch a disjointed weekly TV show by fits and starts, she'll let a season build up and watch them all in a row.

(Ooma and Oompa are German for Grandma and Grandpa, so OOma was a very intentional name for the OOma voice Teleo product)

We just now got her an OOma (a slightly more expensive form of the Magic Jack trick that WORKS much better).   OOma is a neat pick for older folks who stay by themselves.  If Grandma ever hits 911 the OOma box will text every one of her children's (and selected very responsible grandchildren's) cell phones right then with a priority text message.   The troops will then rally ASAP at Grandmama's house.

(Grandma is kinda stubborn and independent, but you can see why OOma was picked over all the rest of the magic jack type boxes even though it cost a little more to buy the OOma box.  The superior voice quality and emergency instant messaging feature are worth it.)

Grandma's cable went from $98 a month down to $34 a month and her phone went from $50 a month to $8.  She kept her old number (a $40 one time charge).

Google cable is coming to Grandma's town, but right now it costs too too much because it is gigabyte service only right now.   Eventually we hope Google will offer a lower priced service, we hope.  Or, because Comcast/Time Warner internet is now so much a lesser service, they will charge less for it than they do now.  

Plain internet shouldn't cost what it does now.

=================

I have two weekends to get all the various stuff out of the corners and get it all packed up for the trip.

Weather looks honest now at both places -- rain is some sort of potential every day, which it always is up in the mountains in the summertime.

WEEEEEE .....   trip time.

« Last Edit: 06/07/14 at 08:40:16 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #456 - 06/08/14 at 07:50:57

So far I have one motorcycle helmet as the only bike bit I have added to the pile ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #457 - 06/10/14 at 08:08:09

SPIT DAY, DAVE

Cheesy          what'cha gonna do?  what'cha gonna do?

what'cha gonna do when they come for you?

======================================

WE ARE 9 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

WE ARE 0 DAYS AWAY FROM SPITTING ON THE BLUE RIDGE WEATHER

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg TN 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives, day of bull shootn & shootn
Thursday June 19th, Dave arrives
Friday, June 20th, road trips and shooting
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there

Oldfeller                    18th
Dave                        19th
Zar                         when he can
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes      

Blue Ridge Campground
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

« Last Edit: 06/10/14 at 19:40:17 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #458 - 06/10/14 at 09:59:57

I am coming to both sections, and I am keepng the cabin reservation.

As the departure day comes closer.....I will make a decision on which bike I bring.

I still don't have a lot of faith in their ability to forecast weather 9-15 days in the future.  I am sure that we will have rain at some point along the way.....we always do.  Full day rains are a factor....occasional showers aren't a big deal (as long as it isn't cold).

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #459 - 06/11/14 at 06:30:58

Yo MM !!!   I have called and emailed and PM'd you, so something will get through, I suspect.

Arrive Wednesday the 18th, AM
-- I am not sure Dave is enough of a gun nut to enjoy sighting in rifles, so let's plan to get all the drudge work done on Wednesday before he arrives.   Then we can fun bang and ride !!!

I am bringing two jewels and two trouble children, and fully expect the ranking of these categories to change once we get there.

Spreckeszy straightpull?   Straightpull mit longeye?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #460 - 06/11/14 at 14:09:13

There was a time in my life when I shot....a lot.  I worked for a City and was pals with a lot of the Police, and I shot a revolver in a league and also the Kentucky State matches.  I would shoot 120 rounds on Wednesday night and 60 rounds on weekend matches.  Sometimes I would borrow a 4" gun and shoot another 60 rounds just to make more noise.

The weather forecast looks a bit crappy for the Blueridge portion....at least in the afternoons.  Gonna have to get me something waterproof for my feet!  Hopefully there will be a better forecast in the near future.

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #461 - 06/11/14 at 14:43:47

There was a time I could shoot a pistol, very very well.

That time was a long long time ago, though.   I'll bring you some stuff to try out though.

I now have to struggle to shoot a scoped rifle worth doodley, so I am glad MM's 17 yr old son will be there to do the required "eye check" on the three of us old geezers (we won't call an accuracy troubled gun unfixable until the young eyes fail to get it to work too).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #462 - 06/13/14 at 07:19:41

Wow!  Those are some really crappy weather forecasts.

Sure hope they make some changes to those forecasts.....or that the weather doesn't pay any attention to the forecasts.

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #463 - 06/13/14 at 07:44:58

Blue Ridge doesn't look too good, does it?

Strong morning thunderstorm -- answer, sleep in late --  then eat breakfast under the shelter.   Leave when it quits showering.

Plan shorter trips, don't mind getting wet occasionally.

Lynchburg forecast doesn't look bad except for Saturday -- the rally might get a little moist at times.

MM has a shooting spot up under an awning, so we can do some of that if need be.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #464 - 06/14/14 at 09:48:02

I don't want to be too optimistic.....but the weather forecast has improved dramatically! Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:25:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.