Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #435 - 05/26/14 at 12:22:34

Hehehe.... the wife appreciates your concern on the safety side as she is just learning....but she also stated that "I have a gps and can find my way back".
The super twisties will slow her down a bit, but she says ya'll can go as fast or slow as you want, i'll catch up.

We are looking forward to the new roads to ride...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #436 - 05/26/14 at 21:25:40

I've done some of that same catching up.    Embarrassed

I'm not allways willing to drive as fast as posible (ya never know who/what's around those blind corners). Grin   But is sure is fun find some non-blind twisties sometimes. Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #437 - 05/26/14 at 21:45:26

MMR... meant to ask.... lots of us old folks have to get up several times in the night to um... do personal business.
Do you have an outdoor facility? Thought i'd ask... seeing as I don't think it ever came up.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #438 - 05/27/14 at 05:47:13

We have a need to sit also, do not forget.  

One of our party needs to sit each time, and likely is a wee mite particular of jest egg-sactly where she does it.

Not like us, who have used a smooth barked thick stick lashed between two trees as the required resting / pivot point.

It was a chicken set up, it had another stick higher up on the other side of the tree to act as a convenient grab rail.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #439 - 05/27/14 at 05:51:54

WE ARE 21 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

GO LOOK AT IT !!!!    WE ARE ONE WEEK AWAY FROM SPITTING ON THE BLUE RIDGE WEATHER

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's fairly early and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge 8Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes        Uh Oh !!!   The weather has begun the daily changes thing and my shooting weather is moving around on us now.   That will change yet some more as we get 1-2 weeks away.

Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/31/14 at 19:16:57 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #440 - 05/29/14 at 09:02:44

Weather for the MM's farm portion is fine .... only a potential issue with a thunderstorm on only one day and a shower on the next day.    

Sleeping in the barn may perhaps be needed on that one thunderstorm day.

More concerning is the Blue Ridge weather.   It doesn't look too good right now.

We are one week away from having to spit on the Blue Ridge Campground weather.   Time to start talking about it some, I think.

The shot must be called by June 10th
if you wish a cancellation of your Blue Ridge Campground reservation, with it only costing you the sunk $65 they have already taken off your charge card.

Blue Ridge Campground[/highlight]
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Comments?    

We know it will change a little as we get closer in, but Blue Ridge has been holding as light rain and showers for the last full week which is a little concerning as the accuracy of a 3 week forecast is pretty durn good now a days.

Blue Ridge Cabin Cancellation Policy

At the time of booking, a valid VISA/MC will be charged a minimum of one night cabin rental. BRMC Bookings are subject to a $25.00 U.S. fee for any Cancellation/Change made eleven (11) days or more before the check-in date. There are no refunds within the ten days prior to the check-in date. There are no refunds for early departures.

A thought -- only Dave, MM and Old-Rider & Missus are currently affected by the Blue Ridge portion rain out.   Is there any potential for rolling that portion of the trip to be the weekend prior to MM's farm section?   The dates would be the 14th - 17th and on those days Blue Ridge weather looks fine.

Huh

Talk, discuss -- we don't know what you are thinking unless your fingers waggle on the keyboard you know.

« Last Edit: 05/29/14 at 10:17:21 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #441 - 05/30/14 at 05:02:58

Somehow....I just can't put a lot of faith in a weather forecast that extends for a month or more.

Maybe as we get closer......but with 20 days to go.....I am not convinced that changes are yet warranted.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #442 - 05/30/14 at 05:41:52

That is a good point and it is very true, things WILL change over the next week some.  

When decision time comes you will be 11 days out and by that time the forecast is relatively more solid as the weather you are tracking has already made land and will be building a real time track record.

But you guys do need to be looking at it and thinking about it.

My job was to remind you -- and I did.

Smiley

And yes, I understand "No Guts, No Glory" as an operating theory.   My adjustment to the shooting days at MM's is to pack a big beach umbrella and stand in case the predicted one thunderstorm day is real.

Did you know that bullets aren't really deflected much by even a driving rain?  

In bullet time, the spacing between the rain drops is HUGE and the bullet can shrug off the 1 drop it may actually clip because the 165 grain lead mass and the 200,000 rpm spin momentum is so huge compared to the weight of a single droplet of H20.

Smaller bullets, such as a 55-75 grain .22 slug would be affected more, but still not as much as you would think.  The axis of rotation gets kicked off center, but the path of flight stays pretty much the same.  

Group size would increase but center of group really wouldn't move much.   The one "clipped raindrop" would look like a standard flier where you would have normally twitched a little bit.

Got to look down at the bullet's reflection down in the water to see the axis of rotation change.

« Last Edit: 05/31/14 at 04:41:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #443 - 05/31/14 at 09:58:52

Sorry to say, not going to make it this year.
too much else in life happening now.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #444 - 05/31/14 at 23:29:11

Still awaiting answer on night time potty arrangement.... i'm asking on her behalf because I know she won't....
open back door policy?
or outhouse?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #445 - 06/01/14 at 08:45:42

MM, you out there?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #446 - 06/02/14 at 07:43:54

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Portable-Lightweight-Self-Contained/d...

(this looks like it would seal very well, keeping the stink inside)

$18.47 ain't very pricy for complete assurance for your prime partner and best buddy in your life, you know.

A man has to take care of his wife.   It is one of the Rools, you know.

If she has to squat, buy her a nice place to do it.

MM will eventually get back into pocket and answer the question, but until he does, this little wonder solves the issue under discussion for less than $20 shipped Amazon Prime to your door.

Perhaps your wife could even use it inside the Blue Ridge Cabin instead of trekking across the dew damp grass all late at night?   Heck, that could actually be considered as you being "thoughty" or "considerate" towards her.

Smiley

This one is a little taller, but is actually more expensive and it looks like what it really is, a toilet seat lid stuck on a big plastic pail.

no sealing action here at all -- bad pick

« Last Edit: 06/03/14 at 09:08:01 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #447 - 06/03/14 at 17:38:48

Guys..... Hate to say it, but, me and momma are out.... Sad

The Las Vegas APA Championships will totally require all the funds we set aside for the Dragon Trip.

The APA provides each person $580.00,
Flights out there from here.... $552.00ea. + momma- Total $1,104.00
Rooms for APA members (a special I hear) $79.00 ea. night.  Total- $707.84 /w tax for the week of the play-offs.  

Add in food-drink for a week $300.00 (avg), and you know momma is going to want to see a show or two....

Guess next year we aren't going to win.....

Unless the bar owner throws in some cash... and I hope she does because 6 or the 8 team members are minimum wage earners... and I have been out of work for over 2 years now.

Needless to say.... I hope ya'll enjoy the dragon run this year.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #448 - 06/03/14 at 19:23:24

WE ARE 14 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

WE ARE SIX DAYS AWAY FROM SPITTING ON THE BLUE RIDGE WEATHER

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's fairly early and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge 8Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
Zar                         when he can
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes        Uh Oh !!!   The weather has begun the daily changes thing and my shooting weather is moving around on us now.   That will change yet some more as we get 1-2 weeks away.

Blue Ridge Campground

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #449 - 06/04/14 at 04:52:17

MM and others.

It looks like MM and I are the only ones headed for a stay at BlueRidge, and ZAR, Toymaker and Doody814 might show up for some of it.

I had planned on trailering my Cafe' bike down - which would mean that if MMRanch and I are the only ones going to the Blueridge.....MM would be on his bike and me in my car from his house to the Blueridge.  I am still up for all of the trip - but instead of bringing the Cafe' bike in a trailer - it might make more sense to just pack up the Honda ST1100 Barcolounger and ride the whole darn thing on a bike.  The ST1100 is a bunch nicer in the rain anyhow!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:18:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.