Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #420 - 05/23/14 at 08:45:56

Toss one of these into your thought hopper and let it grind for a while .....

http://www.discountramps.com/bicycle-trailers/p/BCT-8002/

Now look harder at this one .... first it is less expensive and it has a rear suspension for handling minor road bumps.

http://www.amazon.com/Aosom-Single-Wheel-Bicycle-Cargo-Trailer/dp/B00762O452/...

Pop one of these on the butt of your bike (drill and tap some holes on your axle rod to quick mount/unmount it) and you can pack and haul all your camping gear with ease, not crapping up your bike itself at all.  

Unbolt it and then you can go riding unencumbered when you get to your destination.  

Here is your best current price of anybody (shipping included).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aosom-Steel-One-Wheeled-Bicycle-Luggage-Carrier-Cargo...

And if you wanted to pay $10 more for a two wheeler version, look at this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Aosom-Bicycle-Bike-Cargo-Trailer-luggage-cart...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #421 - 05/23/14 at 09:13:56

I just saw a fellow yesterday on a scooter with one of these behind it.  Looked to haul stuff just fine.

Of course......you could take this concept just a little too far.

Dave

639032991_poun3-L.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #422 - 05/23/14 at 10:34:32

I wonder what the legalities of these single wheel bike tow along things really are.   They are not trailers per se, they are attachments to the bike itself.   Apart from the motorcycle, they cannot even roll on their own.

Yet a cop would be expecting to see a tag on them, and lights.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #423 - 05/23/14 at 10:55:00

I'd be worried about the speed rating on the tire.

If its an extension of the bike, move the plate to the rear.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #424 - 05/23/14 at 20:03:25

If it is an extension of the bike, then you can see the turn signals and the plate just fine over the extension (it isn't very tall after all).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #425 - 05/23/14 at 21:35:43

One of the CMA guys was tellling me about all the benfits of membership last Saturday.   One of the storyies was about  a fellow member who went to Surges last year , by way of visiting other CMA members in other states.  Not only did he get a place to stay for free , but most of the folks feed him too ! Cheesy

The tent fits under the headlight really good ... just remember on the back the sleeping bag goes on top and the heavy stuff gets packed Low!  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #426 - 05/24/14 at 04:47:33

MMRanch wrote on 05/23/14 at 21:35:43:
One of the CMA guys was tellling me about all the benfits of membership last Saturday.   One of the storyies was about  a fellow member who went to Surges last year , by way of visiting other CMA members in other states.  Not only did he get a place to stay for free , but most of the folks feed him too ! Cheesy

The tent fits under the headlight really good ... just remember on the back the sleeping bag goes on top and the heavy stuff gets packed Low!  Wink

Yep, CMA is a good group.  Just recently, a brand new member Mike (yea, another Mike) had to go to Texas for a terminally ill uncle who passed away within the week of Mike's arrival there.  Our area leadership contacted the local chapter in Texas when Mike went down and for the entire time in the hospital and then for the funeral there were chapter members there for support & prayer for the family and friends.  From what we heard from Mike and other family members of his the presence of CMA members was substantial the entire time.  Most of the family did not even know what CMA was before this, but after the funeral we received several letters and even one report in person from the family of how much they appreciated what CMA members did for them.   They were simply blown away at the heart felt care they received from strangers; and bikers at that.  Lots of tears were shed during the time we had with Mike and the other family member who talked with us directly.  

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #427 - 05/24/14 at 21:04:05

Two of my kids have recently bought property in the riding area; one outside of Marysville in the  "Top of the World" community, and the other outside of Maggie Valley a ways.
I am hoping that in 2-3 years I will have a choice of home bases with which  to play from.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #428 - 05/25/14 at 03:33:16

Maggie Valley is a most excellent start point for just about everything.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #429 - 05/25/14 at 04:03:26

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/25/14 at 03:33:16:
Maggie Valley is a most excellent start point for just about everything.

My youngest daughter is planning a log structure ... YEA !! ... daddy approves.  Smiley)  That was her BMW that I rode on the Dragon several years back.  

IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #430 - 05/25/14 at 06:04:35

When is all of this festive riding??? I'm in Tampa

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #431 - 05/25/14 at 10:06:18

Starts on or about 18 jun to about 25th jun... scroll back a few posts...

Wife and I are going to trailer ours from the panhandle to Dukedom Ten/Ken and pay our respects to the mom in laws grave site.... then head over to MMR's place on or about the 18-19.... hopefully in time for the Jack Daniels tour then the bike show on saturday... sunday we pack up for the Blue Ridge Mountain Motorcycle Campground to ride a few roads up that way... Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #432 - 05/25/14 at 13:01:46

WE ARE 24 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's fairly early and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge 8Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.
You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes        Uh Oh !!!   The weather has begun the daily changes thing and my shooting weather is moving around on us now.   That will change yet some more as we get 1-2 weeks away.

Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #433 - 05/25/14 at 22:47:38

I'm in the process of applying for membership in the CMA now , but I think it takes 6 months , befor ya even get voted on.

I've lived here in Lynchburg for 19 years now and have never taken the JD tour yet.   But I do know some neet roads around here.  Its time to cut the hay fields but I've been putting it off so the fields will still be short while ya'll are here (makes it easy to see where the bullets land).  The barn loft has plenty of room and/or I'll put up a "dinning Fly" (tarp) out by the fire pit for us to sleep under , so bring a cot and/or sleeping bag and come on!  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #434 - 05/26/14 at 11:16:57

Weather is looking wonderful for the MM part, the Blue Ridge part looks as good as it ever gets since them afternoon showers go with the Blue Ridge area as standard equipment.

All you "might maybe come" people need to go ahead and firm it on up and commit yourselves by posting YES I AM GOING TO BE THERE ON THESE DAYS -- planning for cooking and such like will not include you if you haven't posted your commitment at this time.

This will be the EASIEST and LEAST DANGEROUS trip we have EVER done.   If you have been wanting to come but couldn't see it, now is the time to go.

We have A WIFE riding her own bike with us -- we will spend the TN portion obeying the speed laws.   Sanity and safety will be had by all.

And I can guarantee the next trip we do will be a wee little bit more adventurous, so cash in on this nice wifey safe trip to get your feet wet in a completely non-dangerous fashion .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:21:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.