Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #405 - 05/08/14 at 04:51:26

Get insomnia at the Dragon and you can go listen to the passed out snoring over by the fire pit for your late night entertainment.

Get insomnia at Blue Ridge, you can go to the lounge and watch TV or go on line or else read up on the Compleat Historie of Horseless Riding as compiled with every single back issue of Cycle and Cruiser et all, going back to the '60s.  Stack them all up in little year order stacks while you do it.

Crank up the coffee pot and have a cup while you are doing it, too.  

Or read the book you brought until you fall asleep on the couch.  

Or you can listen to all that giggling going on over in Cabin #5, your pick actually.

(some of us have more older style amusements than "excitement".)

« Last Edit: 05/09/14 at 07:37:33 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #406 - 05/08/14 at 05:01:17

WE ARE 48 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's fairly early and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD
Toymaker                   TBD
AlfromNH                   TBD
Doody814                 21st day trippin'

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes        Ruh Ro !!!   A frog done farted on the West Coast and my shooting weather ain't  jest plumb beautiful no more.   That will change yet some more as we get 1-2 weeks away.

Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/12/14 at 03:27:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #407 - 05/08/14 at 07:14:45

Dang...hope them forecasts are wrong!.... we only got rained on once last year....was hoping not to ride in the rain this year.... someone do a "don't rain dance"... Roll Eyes

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #408 - 05/08/14 at 07:57:16

Be careful to check the right days for the right place, I think you have it backwards on days/places to see any bad weather so far.

Plus don't get too attached to any forecast more than a week out, because the predictive models will change if a tree frog farts out on the west coast.

Actually, it will be what you always get anyway in the mountains in the summer -- afternoon thunderstorms, very localized and sporadic.

Many times we are lucky and are someplace else while it is raining in Canton.

Sometimes we aren't lucky and we can stop someplace early for dinner.   This happens on EVERY trip, BTW.    Meals to miss the weather, that is.

Sometimes we aren't lucky at all -- and then Dave gets to practice his running at full speed in the rain which makes it harder for me to catch him and pass him.   That will be your job at Blue Ridge, BTW.

Dodging the rain is part of the mountain experience -- but lookie at my shooting weather over at MM's -- jest plumb beautiful ain't it?

Wink

« Last Edit: 05/09/14 at 05:41:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #409 - 05/10/14 at 00:35:32

I'm out fellas, Jeanne finally got around to filing for divorce, and the standing orders in my area include not doing anything to burn up a lot of money, so I gotta be a good boy and not burn the bux for the next 2 months  Sad

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #410 - 05/10/14 at 04:37:03

I am sorry to hear about the divorce -- that is always very sad news to hear.    Perhaps next year.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #411 - 05/11/14 at 00:19:47

we've been separated for near 3 years now, OF, I'm amazed she waited this longas long as the proceeding go well I'm good with it
she isn't seeking any of my money or posessions I've gained since separation, amd it's fairly amicable
I just hope the judge doesn't refuse our case, as the court clerk told me he doesn't like the sort of fill in the blanks type forms we're using
I downloaded them off Texas Law help .org, and the site says they're approved by the Texas Supreme Court for use in divorce cases, so fingers crossed
wish we didn't have to wait 60 days from the date of filing before scheduling the hearing

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #412 - 05/12/14 at 09:18:59

WE ARE 28 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

The 2014 Scoot & Shoot starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's fairly early and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD
Toymaker                   TBD
Doody814             21st day trippin'

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes        Uh Oh !!!   The weather has begun the daily changes thing and my shooting weather is moving around on us now.   That will change yet some more as we get 1-2 weeks away.

Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/20/14 at 16:12:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #413 - 05/20/14 at 11:23:23

Although I really wanted to meet up with you guys this year, doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Unfortunately I found a job so I probably won't be able to get the time off. maybe next year.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #414 - 05/20/14 at 16:11:26

Al, that is good news that you got another job.   Glad for your news about the job, but I will miss you on the trip.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #415 - 05/20/14 at 20:05:52

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/20/14 at 16:11:26:
Al, that is good news that you got another job.   Glad for your news about the job, but I will miss you on the trip.

Well I was hoping to stay unemployed for a couple more months but I had to take the job when it was available. maybe if you guys do another fall get-together.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #416 - 05/21/14 at 22:46:00

Al

A Fall ride up the BlueRidge toward your end would be "Great thing to do in late summer or early fall".    Where could we stay or who lives in the middle area between us ?    Smiley

Glad you got another Job !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #417 - 05/22/14 at 07:27:25

It would be new territory, since we stopped around Boone in our excursions.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #418 - 05/22/14 at 22:01:24

Smiley
North of Boone in the fall !

Smiley

Somebody posted some pictures of a Dual-Sport ride in that area  a couple years ago.  (can't remember who)

OldFeller I've never know you to stay anywhere there wasn't a bed.   So ... If we split some budget priced rooms is a go from my point of view.  Wink     I'm even ok with floor space (sleeping bag)  long as I doin't get steped on in the middle of the night . If we could get 10 or more to go we could even get a second room !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #419 - 05/23/14 at 07:28:28

Kayak.com or Hotels.com is your friend --- you can generally spot cheapie hotel rooms anywhere near a tourist attraction, especially in the off season.

Some are roach dumps, some are very nice -- you and I have seen each kind on our past trips when we were just moving from A to B to C.

As far as beds, when travelling by bike I don't like a crapped up loaded up bike.   If paying for a room means just carrying enough clothes to change into, I can deal with that.

One fine day I shall retire, probably when I can't work any more.

Then we shall go places .....

Something that occurred to me recently is that most small/medium churches are willing to host the occasional traveling campers, if you can communicate with them up front.  They will give you access to a bathroom, etc.   It is their Christian duty to offer aid after all.

We could go places far far away and not spend a lot of money doing it.

In the age of Google maps, you pick a route to ride and pace out your day and when you identify a stopping spot say "Hey Google, churches near this location".   Most churches have internet sites now days you know.   Then you contact them at least a couple of months ahead of time and ask nicely.

Find me a protestant church and very rarely will they not have some association with Boy Scouts or Awana, and by golly we got one of each in the travelling group.  Heck, I constitute both, and even have both uniform shirts.

If the church won't put you up, the local Scoutmaster or Awana leader will.

======================

Fall, speak quick for the time period and I will give it a shot with work.   They will be prompted to look at the football schedule, etc and put out a memo with "forbidden dates" and then we can dodge around them.

I would want EARLY FALL before leaf season  ---  leaf season means tourists, high prices and hickory nuts, acorns and all sorts of leaf crap all over the roads.   Cold, too.   Plus all them crazy animals that love to dive in front of your tires ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:12:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.