Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #375 - 04/18/14 at 09:58:22

Trip plan is still a go if I don't have to fork out too much for a lawyer...i'll explain to them what I want done and get their feedback.

Not gonna let this get in the way....LOL, to weathered mentally to let it get me down....

Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #376 - 04/18/14 at 20:05:12

Thanks Dave

got 9 spud-guns on the way ! (free shipping)   Ya never know who needs to do some  spudding sometimes ?  

Smiley

« Last Edit: 04/20/14 at 07:09:29 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #377 - 04/29/14 at 09:29:58

MM, you are being watched ....

BATF has just rated all 50 lb bags of russets as requiring an arsenal license.

Anyone with more than 5 spud guns in their home suspected / guilty of inciting the "spudding" of teenage girls during youth events.

Boys who keep spudding a girl repeatedly may have to marry her ....

Other boys who get butthurt over this may be forced to join the Coast Guard and be sent to Key West Station (or else mebbe San Francisco Station if they live over on Verslagen's side of things).

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #378 - 04/29/14 at 09:39:36

WE ARE 48 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed    

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD
Toymaker                   TBD
Art Webb                   TBD
AlfromNH                 TBD

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes early on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

Smiley

Here is your ongoing weather check links ....  keep an eye on them as the weather changes as we get closer and closer to go time.

MM's place
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Roll Eyes

Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/05/14 at 06:55:20 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #379 - 04/29/14 at 09:54:05

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/june-weather/335696?monyr...

Only goes out through the 12, but that will change day by day by day

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #380 - 04/29/14 at 09:56:57

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/29/14 at 09:29:58:

MM, you are being watched ....

BATF has just rated all 50 lb bags of russets as requiring an arsenal license. Grin

You can also use apples......... Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #381 - 04/29/14 at 10:56:56

Ok, got to let you all know about this... our local pool team is doing well, so well in fact we might be going to the qualification rounds, one more week and i'll know for sure (one week left, we are in third place at the moment).

When we get into the play-offs, and if we win, we could be going to Vegas to the big American Pool Association finals.

Guess when the play-offs are?  I have been told the second week of June.... yeah... not sure when the Vegas trip will be... but I might miss the MMR part of the trip...

I'm not going to throw games to loose...LOL... but I will give a heads up on the exact date.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #382 - 04/30/14 at 19:51:07

When we get into the play-offs, and if we win, we could be going to Vegas to the big American Pool Association finals.

Guess when the play-offs are?  I have been told the second week of June.... yeah... not sure when the Vegas trip will be... but I might miss the MMR part of the trip...

I'm not going to throw games to loose...LOL... but I will give a heads up on the exact date.

Heck ! Old Rider  Cheesy
That sounds better than anything I've got planned ... (The women will be in biniki's woin't they) .    and    Vegas .... mabby we will come see the match ! .. ??? "What do you do at a PooL competion ?  Undecided
Do they allow Spud-Guns in Vegas ?

They are loose fitting Biniki's arn't they ?  Grin

I think if the BATF followed us to Vegas and a PooL party they might contrate on their own spud guns for a while ...  Wink.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #383 - 05/01/14 at 06:25:32

Don't worry, I'm still coming.  

I will leave on the 17th in the evening intending to drive the interstate hours in the dark so I won't miss anything scenery wise by not going up through the mountains.   Plan enough travel time to take me a little sleepy nap every time I need one, then pull up at your place in the AM sometimes on the 18th.

Then we can futz about during the day doing whatever piddly sort of stuff we want to do, then we can take your wife out to dinner that evening.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #384 - 05/01/14 at 10:25:10

Ok... they did say the "second week" of June... so we should be clear to go as the meet don't start till the third week.

Final vegas playoffs are in sept.  so we have a GO Smiley

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #385 - 05/01/14 at 22:51:26

my situation is looking a bit better, if I can make myself do the 1000 mile ride, I may be able to show up for at least part of this
not sure about the shooting part though, might get in too late for that
this is tentative though

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #386 - 05/02/14 at 11:25:16

Art .
I'm ridding from middle TN. to the BlueRidge area , so come-on.  How far back into Texas you going ...  Huh ... that may be a bonus ride for me (taking you home or part-way anyway).  About 500 miles a day is about I'm comfortable with.  I believe Lancer lives just north of Texas. Mabbee we might get a yard to camp in sometime ?   Cheesy

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #387 - 05/03/14 at 01:08:07

MM I believe the 1000 miles is from my dinky city to your ranch, as that's what I put in for an end point when I did the mapquest search
I live in Columbus, Texas, about 90 miles or so from Houston
I believe me and Lancer nearly wound up driving up together, but scheduling didn't realy work out, since I won't have ten days to take off I don't think (I may look into that some more, one day more or less isn't such a much, what's your leave date again Lancer?)

I don't have a yard but I do have more bedrooms than I need, so if my schedule doens't bother you (I work 2nd shift and typicaly go to sleep at 3am or so) you can camp in one of those, either the tool storage bedroom or the weight room / bedroom (i sleep in the living room myself)
I sure gotta get the apt cleaned up, though lol, I'm messy

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #388 - 05/03/14 at 20:35:12

Art
Thats a long way  Shocked

I spent my military time in Elpaso.  When I'd come home on leave we would take turns driving for 22 hours @ 75 mph (stoping for gas only).  It was an ordeal every time.  
One time my ex  Lips Sealed and I rode my SX650 to Carls-bad-cavern for a weekend , she squrmed a lot as the day wore on .   Seem like that was a little south of Dallas ?  Huh

Check MapQuest again ... could have been the "Round Trip" was checked ???   Memphis is about 3.5-4  hours from here one the newly widen and rebuilt Hwy 64 (65mph mostley).

If you ride you bike here you can borrow my extra cot to recooperate on.
Smiley

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #389 - 05/03/14 at 23:22:28

That's realy why I sorta don't wanna do it, it's gonna be a long ass ride, mostly superslab I imagine and through some coities like Houston that I HATE riding through
Mapquest give 882 mile as the shortes 1 way trip, think I might check google maps and see if it gives me a better option
http://www.mapquest.com/#d136e8a89963e951cc8e7ce1

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:27:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.