Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #345 - 04/10/14 at 10:12:12

WD:

Here is the synopsis of what is happening:

Tuesday June 17th, Oldfeller and Lancer arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Wednesday June 18th, road trips and shooting
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

My schedule for the event wont begin until Thursday June 19th when I arrive at MM's.  On Friday June 20th I believe we will do some easy riding and take a Jack Daniels tour, and just ride/play all day.  On Saturday there is a local bike show in a town near where MM lives and I plan on entering my bike in the show, then likely more riding and foolishness.  Sunday we break camp and head to the Blueridge, and some will be on bikes and some will be using trucks and trailers.  Then on Monday, Tuesday, there will be as much riding around the Blueridge area as folks would like.  One of the roads that I want to ride again is a 30 mile of Route 32 that Oldfeller took me to last year.  It is just like the Dragon only twice as long, and we only saw one car on the entire stretch.  The last couple of miles is gravel, and I believe we could ride the 30+/- miles.....then stop and take a snack break.....then turn around and ride it again on the way out!  I am not good at posting things....but go to Google Maps and use these coordinates to find the road:  35.78474 -83.158607.  If you go east you can see the last bit is not paved, pretty curvey and steep, washboardy in the curves, and pretty much a 1st gear roadway.  The rest of the road was freshly paved last year.   The other days we will just get up and see what mood everyone is in and ride what we feel like riding.

If you could bring that new bike of yours......we could spend some time helping put some miles on it.  You will enjoy the Wheels of Time museum, my wife and I went in the fall.  Lots of bikes that run....not just shiny museum pieces.  And the owner is a rider......and tinkerer.....

On the way out Wednesday June 25th most likely I will stop at the Dragon and unload my bike and spend an hour or two there.....just cause it is on the way home for me! Grin

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #346 - 04/10/14 at 19:47:31

Started growing my "shaggy" face. LOL i'm letting my beard grow for the first time in over 30+ years.
Figure it will keep away the riff raff if I look like a mean ol' biker type. Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #347 - 04/11/14 at 00:13:38

Same time frame as June Bug. I'm out.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #348 - 04/11/14 at 21:00:12

Those pictures of the "June Bug" thing  makes me think of the story of Moses comes down from the mountain and finds the people having a June-Bug time .   Then the earth swallows  them down to the fire pit , and the rest of them go on to the promised land.

Be carefull out there !  eternal is a long time !

Smiley

« Last Edit: 04/12/14 at 19:45:16 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #349 - 04/12/14 at 18:42:06

well...

Thought I'd  stop by and see who was still kickin and who (Oldfeller) was still spinning  yarns as much as he does his wheels.

I see that there is an early summer ride is the works...where are you all going to go?

I even see that Lancer is making his way toward NC

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #350 - 04/12/14 at 20:12:54

ToyMaker !

Good to know your still Kicking  Smiley

Some of the fellers are comming to my house for a Shoot-N-Sccot  Smiley    Your more than welcome !    I'm about a 6 hour ride west of the Dragon Proper.    Its bike rally weekend in Lynchburg Tn. and we'll go do the JackDaniels tour one of the days Smiley
Then we're going to the  Blue Ridge campground (foot of the parkway )  for the rest of the week.

Seems Dave knows a few roads we havn't found before.    

We're not all driving S-40's or Savages either , I'm on my second Sportster now.    (OldFeller claim's credit for the first one  !)

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #351 - 04/12/14 at 21:19:08

MM, Big Zuk and I were there, and I think MM was leading on that section, so he gets some credit too (trying to lose us he was).

Toymaker, do you still get away some?   Read about the trip, the second part is the Blue Ridge cabins which is not far at all from where you live.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #352 - 04/13/14 at 03:44:08

Yep, I got another kawahuckie....seems I have a love/hate relationship with them.  No other bikes now...Mrs. T sold hers and bought a car...can you imagine?

I would love to get together with you all....

see what I can do.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #353 - 04/13/14 at 05:48:35

OldFeller wrote:
MM, Big Zuk and I were there, and I think MM was leading on that section, so he gets some credit too (trying to lose us he was).

It was kinda embarreesing  Embarrassed

1200 cc's (80 something HP) and I couldn't get away from them fellers with the big GRINS ridding them little bikes !   Huh

The ridding will be slower paced and  part will be the Poker run Saturday (Rally Day).   I hope to back-road it to some of the perty places in the area Thursday,Friday.   Then go by Falls Creek Falls park , Hwy 30 , and the Skyway on the way east Sunday.  Wink  

Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #354 - 04/14/14 at 09:14:56

It might be a bit early to worry about details....but I will have my car and trailer at MM's, then loading the bike back into the trailer for the trip to the Blueridge.  While you guys are driving the scenic route.....I will be taking the direct route and can haul your cots, coolers, etc., and if old_rider and misses old-rider haul their bikes up....they could probably do the same.....and maybe Lancer to?  Maybe MM will be the only one riding his bike over to the Blue Ridge Campground?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #355 - 04/14/14 at 13:29:16

I will not be able to make the ride this summer.  Every bike is suffering mechanical break-down on some order and cost of repair is mounting.  Right now it is going to be a struggle to keep wheels on the road, much less travel & play.  Will miss you guys and play time.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #356 - 04/14/14 at 15:30:29

Change, she comes .... just like on every planned outing we have ever done.  This will trim a bit off the front of the MM portion of the trip as Dave isn't showing up until the 19th, so I will plan to hit on the 18th now to help with the set up.

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Tuesday June 18th, Oldfeller arrives at MM's and helps set up tent top, etc.
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed     (pending vacation approval, work schedule and other "out of our control circumstances")

MMRanch              lives there
Oldfeller                   18th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD
Toymaker                   TBD

===============

I will be at MM's sometimes on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  We will get all civilized & proper acting when Old-rider & the Missus shows up on the 19th.

(who knows, we might all mebbe even take a shower and get all the IMR 7383 ammonia powder stink out of our hair)

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #357 - 04/15/14 at 09:52:52

S' ok OF, she likes guns.... she has a .38 special +P Smith&Wesson Airweight (hammerless)

We are having a hard time getting her some practice ammo, most are bought out by the time we get to the stores (guess I gotta suck up to the store managers). All I have been finding for my 9mm's are hollow points... no full metal Jackets for practice to be found.

Not sure if she wants to bring hers, but she usually carries on trips so it is possible she will bring it, even tho we probably won't be practicin' with them.

P.S. um and she has been know to curse like a sailor when she is unhappy....LOL...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #358 - 04/15/14 at 21:29:30

The only ammo in good supply is air rifle and surplus millitary type.   Even powder and primers are getting hard to find .    

Must be part of the Goverment Plan !  Huh

No Joke !   Lips Sealed

Can't revolt with-out ammo !  Undecided

Does kinda makes me wonder ?   Roll Eyes

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #359 - 04/16/14 at 00:34:41

believe it or not I recemtly have seen 9mm fmj at my local walmart
bought some, too

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:18:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.