Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #330 - 04/07/14 at 09:42:10

No, it is for patching cracked cases and gluing any gaping gushing motor wounds shut (pop can material) ....   For Ed L, mostly.

I also carry 4 spare footpegs with me.   For Toymaker, mostly.

And bandages and lots of neosporin.    For me, mostly

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #331 - 04/07/14 at 09:56:40

Yesterday I rode the newly repainted Cafe' bike for the first time this year.  After riding the Honda ST1100 Barcolounger for the last few weeks, the Cafe' bike felt stranglely unfamiliar.  I am going to have to put some miles on it and get used to riding it again before June.  Our riding season has really not arrived yet....too many 40 degree morning and rainy days.

The Kawasaki gearing sure is different.....it will be interesting to see if this set up is a keeper.  The bike really has long legs now and running down the highway at 60 - 70 mph is a breeze....maybe at the expense of acceleration.  Every gear change lasts a lot longer and it may have converted the bike to a freeway cruiser instead of a backroads bomber.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #332 - 04/07/14 at 10:17:55

Wink

Aha !!!   Vulnerable again !!!

(he's a baitn' me, trying to get me to go do something stupid in Tennessee)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #333 - 04/08/14 at 06:24:51

Yea Dave

I've got the factory speedometer and a gps unit to go by.   50 on the gps is 60 on the speedometer and 60 on the speedometer is 72 on the gps ... As long as it has good take off from  a stop I'm OK .  Wink  The longer time in each gear and high tork ought to take-up and slack in the accelaration curve.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #334 - 04/08/14 at 06:41:55

OldFeller

I'll be trying to keep ya out of truble , kant' gaunteree anything.   Grin
Biggest threat is the small town 30mph zones some of em use for "Fund Raiseres" !  Tongue

What kinda Car did ya get ?  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #335 - 04/08/14 at 07:04:10

Dark Chocolate Nissan Cube.

Magic Gnome Mobile complete with an inside that is bigger than the outside.

Reminds me of a chocolate Chunky bar from back in the day.

You, however will be riding on a freshly grilled pork chop wrapped in sizzlin' bacon.

(and you will keep ME out of trouble ????)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #336 - 04/08/14 at 07:18:18

Seriously, since this is going to be a casual ride (not a real mountain run) why don't you guys just ride what's comfortable?

Seriously, 35-45 is 35-45 (with occasional brief blasts of 55-60) -- you might as well kick back and enjoy the scenery.

I remember lots of trips that where nothing but the next turn upcoming and the line we were taking through it, and miss that hickory nut, and dodge that possum ....

(ooops, aw shite)

This is a change of pace trip ....  Dave should ride his Barcalounger and MM should take his pork chop.   Kick back and idle along and enjoy it.   It's your vacation, you are supposed to relax.

Getting all kitted up for war ain't necessary.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #337 - 04/08/14 at 07:49:39

No Barcolounger for me.  I am going to be miserable and enjoy every minute! Grin

I do believe the trip will start out a bit slow paced with the Jack Daniels tour and the bike show.....but by the time we get to the Blueridge Campground I fully expect we will be doing some great rides.  I hope to go up to that 30 mile Dragon type road again....maybe not do the gravel section at the end....just turn around and do another 30 miles of twisties on the way back.  At the turn around we could stop and take a break and let everyone catch up...and have a picnic lunch along the roadside.

You are gonna be missed at the BlueRidge Oldfeller.....thankfullly I will get to visit a couple of days with you at MM's.  Who is gonna drag me to the 98 degree traffic jam in Pigeon Forge this year?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #338 - 04/08/14 at 08:34:19

Nobody else is gonna do that to you, nor will they take you on them 65-70mph rides in the driving rain either.

Ask MM about then REALLY foggy rides after dark, he can tell you about them.   Or doing the Dragon at speed in the rain.

You are going to be with the mild bunch this time, who will stop and put on rain suits if it starts to sprinkle.

But you will have fun anyway -- think about this a bit though, your wrists and your shoulders after riding in the cafe position for a whole week.  

Are you going to do yourself some lasting joint/tendon damage that you might regret for the next 15-20 years?

Ask your wife what she recommends you take -- she actually listens to you complain about what hurts and she has no testosterone in her ears blocking the flow of common sense out of her brain like we do.

Don't listen to me, I take people with cracked vertebra off and ride them up really nasty curvy dirt roads and we play throw down our motorcycles in front of the moving front wheels of upbound Ford F-110's and hop dance our creaky old bodies the hell on out of the way ....

Shocked     Shocked     Shocked     Shocked     Shocked

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #339 - 04/08/14 at 09:34:53

^^^^
Yeah....but that's what makes for good memories !  Smiley Grin Grin Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #340 - 04/08/14 at 09:58:26

Let's see, we have flipped Ed's bike over in the air for a 1 1/2 gainer, tossing him 16 feet up a hillside, busting off both his footpegs (with the bottoms of his feet no less) and putting an air mated tire tread mark in the middle of his back that was clearly visible as a skin bruise/abrasion a whole day later.  

Plus we put a half a bushel basket of dug up fern plants in the middle of the road to "X marks the spot" for future reference (plus the oil pool mark from his busted side cover, which is still there btw).

Smashed up Toymaker's KawaBarcalounger twice, busted the footpeg off his Savage once and skinned him up once.   (Ed was actually quick and over and done with, Toymaker collected damage for YEARS after that).

Shelled the primary drive splines off MM's previous porkchop.

Busted Old-Rider's lower vertebra (still not healed).

Skinned up my leg once.

Killed a half-dozen forest critters who were minding their own business.
Wisely avoided hitting that stupid roadside young bear cub though.
(Momma Bear up in the bushes would have taken it harshly, I think)

That's all the kill count that comes to mind at the moment.  
Unless you want to count the sparkin' slidin' simultaneous dual dead Hurleys that is.

Wink

But in between the little first aid trips and murdering a few forest critters, we have had literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of miles of the most fun you can possibly do on two wheels.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #341 - 04/08/14 at 22:23:30

Auuuaaa

You left out the Softail guy who couldn't take getting passed on Hwy 80 comming down from Mt.Mitchel ... and probelly a dozen others just like him.   But ... Hay  they were in charge of there own throddles !  Huh  They could have just grinned and said " There goes that Wild GrandPaw on his wife's bike "   Grin Grin Grin  

And all those cridders must have been near sighted and needed taken out of the gean pool or they would have seen us comming !   Tongue

I think I'll bring the S-40 (120mph red-line)  ... Its almost as long-leg'ed as the Harley (145mph red-line) and is a lot more nimble ... yea ... neither of them will come close to red-lining high gear but they both do 75 on the super-slab really nice now.   And the S-40 is nice and slow to drink a gallon of fuel now.    On these back-roads now I allmost never get to 5th gear and do 2nd gear on most in town turns.

Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #342 - 04/09/14 at 14:35:00

Honestly, I probably don't even know about all of them.

I was already going around the next corner by the time they finished doing whatever they did to themselves with their big egos and and bigger throttles.

Roll Eyes

Are you saying I'm a litter-bug?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #343 - 04/09/14 at 19:04:47

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

but they did it to themselfs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't tell the hogs to "Follow Me guys"  and they should know better on their own.   (Everybody rides their own ride )... Smiley

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #344 - 04/10/14 at 09:03:16

What's the short synopses of this year's event? Because I'm planning on hitting Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley NC during this year's Drifter Rally... http://www.drift-in.org/ if we (Doug Lisa and I) all go.

And hopefully the June Bug event... http://www.junebugboogie.com/ Much more my kind of fun than playing dodge 'em in the twisties with a bunch of Hardly Worth-a Sh**ts... FYI, completely an NSFW link...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:29:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.