Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #315 - 03/31/14 at 23:02:59

I also never heard of the sisters..... sounds like fun.

It would be a three day affair for me... one to get there , one to ride, one to get back....

Oh and a week to get the wife to let me go... LOL Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #316 - 03/31/14 at 23:11:59

hahaha to be honest I never heard of them until recently myself, but that's not surprising, as I'm not particularly social
it is fun though, riding with others on a tasty set of curves
I am thinking about doing it sometime soon, before the temps hit 100+, if I can get this bike sorted the way I want to

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #317 - 03/31/14 at 23:42:01

Al wrote:

I like the picture of MM riding b!tch with zuk.

Tongue

I needed to find out what the rear seat felt like  .. still doin't know how it is to acctually ride on the back seat ... wife says it's Ok , but she is  only good for a 200 miles or so a day so it must not be "TOO" comfeeey !.

Art

I've got a two piece seat-set from a Harley Softail FatBoy fitted on mine and also some floorBoards with the  "Set-back and drop-down" bar added to them.   I'm good for 500 miles a day now.   Like one of the other guys said "more than one way to skin a cat ! "   Wink
O-yea  "Also a Memphis Slim 17" windshield"  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #318 - 04/01/14 at 00:05:15

set back and drop down bar?
whassat?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #319 - 04/01/14 at 21:50:51

Looks like a dog-bone about 4 inches long,  with teeth cut into them so they will stay where you put them.   So one end mates to a piece mounted on the foot peg and 4 inches away the other end mounts to the floorboard.     Net result is the floorboard can be mounted anywhere in the 8 inch circle with the original mounting position being in the middle.  
I'll post a picture of them after I look on ebay and find a pair.  Effectively the same but a simple and lower price version of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rivco-HDPBLA-RE-Adjustable-Passenger-Floorboard-Mount...

This is it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-FLOORBOARDS-KIT-W-HALF-MOON-FOOT-BOARDS-HA...

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #320 - 04/01/14 at 23:55:41

that's pretty neat
site says it's not compatible, so I guess a bit of modding involved?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #321 - 04/02/14 at 20:37:08

Best I remember :

The hole was too small on the Savage and I had to weld a "Tab" on the bottom of to make it sit up at the right angle.

Dad bought a  welder when I was age 14 , and have three now (gas, mig, ark)   Dad kept a Scrap Iron pile out behind the well-house so I got used to making/modifying  parts at an early age.

Smiley

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #322 - 04/02/14 at 23:26:07

I don't weld, might not be the right solution, but the idea is a good one
Hell putting boards on at all might help

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #323 - 04/03/14 at 20:58:50

O-Yea

Floorboards make a big difference in comfort.   You can move you feet foward and backwards ...  and your feet doin't get tired  Wink.    

I have some on the Sportster that have a "HEAL" rest that folds up when you doin't want it.  (not as good as floorboards but OK ).

You ridding to middle Tn. in June ?   I rode to Daytona this year - it was 650 miles one way ---- well I was ready to (park-it-for-the-day) after about 500 miles but went on the other 150 anyway.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #324 - 04/04/14 at 07:38:50

MMRanch wrote on 04/03/14 at 20:58:50:
O-Yea
I rode to Daytona this year - it was 650 miles one way ---- well I was ready to (park-it-for-the-day) after about 500 miles but went on the other 150 anyway.

MM.....never done anything like that before....maybe some day.  I have a bike now that will do it, not sure if I will!

Back in 1979 I rode a Suzuki RE5 from my parents home in Salem, OH to my apartment in Cincinnati when I moved down here.....300 miles is the most I have ever done in a day, and that was 35 years ago.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #325 - 04/04/14 at 12:41:26

Wife mentioned riding the bikes up there instead of trucking them... then decided her carple tunnel (sp?) in her wrists probably won't let her get away with it.

Last year really wasn't a problem for me (until I had the pick it up issue) and I really enjoy long rides over 500 or so miles.

Secret is to stop often, learn to shift your body to get comfortable, and if at all possible (even tho dangerous for new riders) get a throttle lock to relax your right hand now and then.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #326 - 04/05/14 at 07:03:16

Old Rider wrote:
even tho dangerous for new riders) get a throttle lock to relax your right hand now and then.

Yea and seasoned riders too !  Grin

back when I had a four cylinder and had to hold 4 springs with the twist-grip was when I got my first throdle-lock.

next time I set-up a long ride I'll be looking for a campsite or room about the 500 mile mark .  Roll Eyes   or even 400 miles would make days two, threee, and four continue with a smile instead of the "Ain't I there yet " ...   Tongue

Kinda cool this morning but I'm going to get a ride in today anyway !

Smiley

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #327 - 04/05/14 at 23:20:04

I went for a quick ride today too, even though it was sorta cool
I deff need that windsheild, and I'm looking at a throttle lock, too, I had one on the old GS 850, and while it wasn't perfect, it was a lot better than the hand going numb
hmmmm, carpal tunnel? I wonder if that's my problem, too, though I only do much typing in my off hours

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #328 - 04/07/14 at 09:29:15

I bought some supplies for the trip.  

1 pack of quick setting 5 minute epoxy
2 plastic tarps
1 $11 air bed
1 inspection, renewed license & insurance for Motorcycle

So far I am out about $44 in prepping for the trip (not counting any ammo).  And I think I'm about finished until trip week rolls around.

Last year it was hundreds to buy the trailer and build it and buy the permanent trailer tag, so this year I am getting off light.

Oops, I guess I should count $110 for the hitch for the new car and $44 for the hook up kit for the new car.

Should I count the new car too?

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #329 - 04/07/14 at 09:35:07

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/07/14 at 09:29:15:

1 pack of quick setting 5 minute epoxy

I seem to remember a comment a while back.....about You'all shooting out my trailer tail light as I pull in the drive.  Is that what the epoxy is for?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:13:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.