Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #285 - 03/24/14 at 00:51:52

gah, sorry guys I got my head screwed on backward and haven't even researched this trip
can I get some info re addresses where we're supposed to meet, etc? I need to figure mileage and travel time
I'd especialy like to get in on some of the shooting, though I have limited ammo  Grin
probably I need to reread the whole fool thread, I'm sure the info is in it somewhere
anyone else traveling from Texas? travel is more fun with companions

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #286 - 03/24/14 at 04:32:40

Art Webb wrote on 03/24/14 at 00:51:52:
gah, sorry guys I got my head screwed on backward and haven't even researched this trip
can I get some info re addresses where we're supposed to meet, etc? I need to figure mileage and travel time
I'd especialy like to get in on some of the shooting, though I have limited ammo  Grin
probably I need to reread the whole fool thread, I'm sure the info is in it somewhere
anyone else traveling from Texas? travel is more fun with companions

This is from Oldfellers last update about a week ago:

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 17th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Tuesday June 17th, Oldfeller and Lancer arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Wednesday June 18th, road trips and shooting
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed     (pending vacation approval, work schedule and other "out of our control circumstances")

MMRanch              lives there  
Oldfeller                   17th
Lancer                     17th
Dave                        19th
old_rider &                19th
missus_old_rider.
Zar                         when he can
Verslagen                   TBD

===============

Lancer and I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 17th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

MMranch:  Teen-Ah-Sea home boy
Oldfeller:  Noath Caarliina dude
Lancer:  Transplanted Ooo-Kie (NE part of state)
Dave:  Keen-Tuk-Eey Tinkerer
Old-rider: Floor-Id-Iyan Panhanderler
Zar:  De-Udder Keen-Tuk-Eey boy
Verslagen:  Obi Wan

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #287 - 03/25/14 at 14:23:56

I'd especially like to get in on some of the shooting, though I have limited ammo

Everybody has limited ammo (especially with it priced at $1.50 a round, which is what rifle ammo goes for retail in the Post Obama age).

Which calibers/guns are you bringing?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #288 - 03/25/14 at 17:49:48

Fellers

We have an Archery range (round bale out to 60 yards) and also a Air Gun range (Metal-Swingers off the back porch).

accually  the air gun targets are regulation size "Iron Turkey" for air guns.    

I also added a (store-bought) double spinner for "UP-To-44 mag. soft/point"  (just becouse I'm expecting company). Cheesy

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #289 - 03/26/14 at 00:50:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/25/14 at 14:23:56:

I'd especially like to get in on some of the shooting, though I have limited ammo

Everybody has limited ammo (especially with it priced at $1.50 a round, which is what rifle ammo goes for retail in the Post Obama age).

Which calibers/guns are you bringing?

If I can make it, I have a Jimenez (cheap) 9mm and a Smith and Wesson Model 13 .357 (round butt 3' barrel), I also have an SKS but not too sure I can transport that, might have to ride there and back, and not sure about transporting a rifle on a moto  Grin

car I'm not sure I'd trust that far, though I could surely get a hitch and small trailer

Thanks Lancer for that post, I guess I'm already senile at 47

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #290 - 03/26/14 at 01:04:54

oh mna, I just realized that's nearly a 1000 mile trip
Guys I would realy like to do this, but I dunno if it's even possible for me, unless I think of something, I may be out

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #291 - 03/26/14 at 04:47:00

Art Webb wrote on 03/26/14 at 01:04:54:
oh mna, I just realized that's nearly a 1000 mile trip
Guys I would realy like to do this, but I dunno if it's even possible for me, unless I think of something, I may be out

Yep....a thousand miles of commute to any outing is a bunch and takes a real commitment.  There are some local places that rent bikes if you got some frequent flier miles you can burn up!  We don't discriminate against any kind of bike....even a rental.  If you get a Harley rental.....just be ready for Oldfeller to pass you by, then park along side of the road and wait for a bit so that he can pass you again (repeat as necessary). Grin

« Last Edit: 03/26/14 at 09:35:33 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #292 - 03/26/14 at 20:55:31

Dave wrote

just be ready for Oldfeller to pass you by, then park along side of the road and wait for a bit so that he can pass you again (repeat as necessary).

Yep !   That's the OldFeller we all know and love ! Wink

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #293 - 03/27/14 at 07:34:12

Well, the fact you all go sooooo slow at times makes it sorta necessary at times.

But we will be in your state with your cops, so I suspect we will all be going sooooo sloww all the time.

But the good news is you have a new hurley for us to play with, and the roads are flat straight hurley roads and you can be passing me all the time.

Turn about is fair play, ain't it?

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #294 - 03/27/14 at 07:44:23

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/27/14 at 07:34:12:
Well, the fact you all go sooooo slow at times makes it sorta necessary at times. Wink

Ouch! Shocked

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #295 - 03/27/14 at 08:10:10

..... unless it is raining hard, of course.   In which case 65-70 mph is naturally required and automatically happens.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #296 - 03/27/14 at 08:45:22

Casual reader, please don't think we are ragging on each other 'cause we aren't, we are just remembering some pleasant memory type things from past excursions and reminding each other in a kidding fashion.

We have been doing this trip for a lotta years now and the stories get referred to sometimes need a little explanation for the causal reader.

Also, for those going on this trip for the first time -- relax, there aren't any mountain roads in the first half and by the time we got mountain roads to worry about I won't be there and Old-rider's wife will be along to keep things sane and polite.  Just stay behind her and say you are being too polite to pass her.

Now, the very best sneak'em up I ever did was to Serenity about 3-4 trips back.    I had gotten lost in the fog way up ahead, way long gone and he was riding tail end charlie in the string.   I pulled off behind a big bush and let the group go by and had idled up from the back until I was riding right up behind Serenity's rear fender with my motor just sluggin' along in 4th gear not making any noise.

The lead person, either MM or Lancer pulled the group over to a gas station for a fuel and piss stop so I followed Serenity's bumper on into the parking lot and stopped and took off my helmet and riding gloves.

Serenity knew he was last man so he never looks back behind him, and he starts talking about me being hell fer long gone and all lost again.  I'm 3 feet behind him grinning and everybody else is keeping a straight face -- it was a hoot to watch when he finally clued off their faces and turned around.

You know, there are SO MANY neat little memories from these trips I can't hardly even keep track of when each one happened.    

I was riding up in Lancer's truck on one trip and we stopped for a piss break at a country store on the way to Blue Ridge (trip that was the first time MM showed us the place).  There was this bush with blue flowers on it about 50 feet away that the wind was making the flowers move and I was looking at it not thinking about much -- and a car pulled up and all the flowers flew up in the air -- they were butterflies, zillions of them feeding on little bitty white flowers on the bush.   It was amazing.  The bush just exploded in blue and hovered around and then re-landed.

What is your neat stick in your memory thing from past trips?

I also liked MM feeding the burned toast and bacon drippings to the hotel mooch hounds -- boy, I never knew burned toast was so good the way they acted.   Both of them acted just like they hadn't eaten in a year and it was the best stuff they had ever had.  

MM made up a plastic plate with like 4-5 pieces of toast for each of them and he poured all the left over bacon grease over the toast, pooling in the plate.   Then he walked over to the dogs and put a full plate down on the ground in front of each one of them.   He had to tell them to go ahead, as they couldn't believe it.

Dogs have dreams of being given full plates of really good bacon-y stuff, it is what makes them kick and whimper while they are sleeping, don't 'cha know -- and on that day two dogs very favorite doggie dream came true in real life.   MM made him a doggie buddy that day fer shure.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #297 - 03/27/14 at 09:59:08

here's a few pictures of past trips we've taken.  Also I might be coming down for a few days if work permits. I've been out of work for over a month now , so if I'm still unemployed at that time, I'll be coming with the C50 on a trailer. We'll see.....

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #298 - 03/27/14 at 11:15:42

Al.....that would be great if you cold make it down again.  Having NO JOB makes the scheduling part doable....as long as the finances hold out!

A couple of years ago our work was slow and they cut us down to 4 days a week.  The extra day off made it possible to do a bunch of stuff at home, and every weekend had 3 days in it! Grin  The 20% pay cut.....not so cool. Sad

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #299 - 03/27/14 at 11:29:18

Anybody heard from BigZuk in a while?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:24:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.