Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #255 - 03/05/14 at 06:32:48

Very reasonable people to deal with.   Much better than Dragon Lodge by whole orders of magnitude.

We've been there as a group what 5 times now and have never had a bad experience yet that I have yet to hear about.

I miss the nomes and the in bush lighting though .....  that was really clever.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #256 - 03/05/14 at 08:57:33

Just a question before I call..... we leaving MMR's on sunday or Monday morning?
Doesn't BMC have to have sat/sun block?  is that fri night, sat, sat night or sat, sat  night, sun, sun night for the block?

Because I'm thinkin' leavin' MMR's  mon. morning? Probably tow to the campgrounds also (was thinking leaving the truck at MMR's but wife says what if we want to go elsewhere?) and that way have a 3 day/3 night block and leave thur. morning from the campgrounds.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #257 - 03/05/14 at 09:23:38

They have a two day block (you pick) Friday Sat or Sat Sun.  

Sunday evening is deserted because everybody has just left.   Be aware that Sunday dinner gets sorta slim because of lack of people.

You are taking a two-three day block, Sunday Monday Tuesday.   Call and talk to them, very friendly people.   I doubt they will have any issues since you are calling at the start of the season.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #258 - 03/06/14 at 05:01:46

OF.....I am sure the Blueridge folks would lock your guns up for you while you are staying there.  However....if the length of stay and need to get back to a comfy bed still prevents you from going to the Blue Ridge area.....we understand.  

If Oldfellor is not coming to the Blue Ridge portion....then I am going to need a bunk mate for the Monday/Tues/Wed portion.  I have a meeting Thursday night that I should be back so I can attend...so depending on the other folks schedules I can either leave Wed or Thurs.

If there are not any takers to share a cabin....then I can sleep in my trailer as I will be doing for the MMRanch portion.  I don't think the Blue Ridge folks will let me pull my little trailer into the campground.....so I will have to sleep out near the road.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #259 - 03/06/14 at 05:12:53

Dave wrote on 03/06/14 at 05:01:46:
OF.....I am sure the Blueridge folks would lock your guns up for you while you are staying there.  However....if the length of stay and need to get back to a comfy bed still prevents you from going to the Blue Ridge area.....we understand.  

If Oldfellor is not coming to the Blue Ridge portion....then I am going to need a bunk mate for the Monday/Tues/Wed portion.  I have a meeting Thursday night that I should be back so I can attend...so depending on the other folks schedules I can either leave Wed or Thurs.

If there are not any takers to share a cabin....then I can sleep in my trailer as I will be doing for the MMRanch portion.  I don't think the Blue Ridge folks will let me pull my little trailer into the campground.....so I will have to sleep out near the road.

Dave

Dave,  have you already reserved a cabin ?  I've got one for Sun-Mon-Tue nights with Wed morning take-off and no roomie yet.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #260 - 03/06/14 at 05:23:05

Lancer:

That works for me......I can be your cabin pal.

Dave

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #261 - 03/06/14 at 05:30:11

Dave wrote on 03/06/14 at 05:23:05:
Lancer:

That works for me......I can be your cabin pal.

Dave

Okie Dokie ... Done

IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #262 - 03/08/14 at 18:56:43

I'll be making it up next year, want to get the bike built and perfect, and ill be riding from California. Wanna make sure the bike is at 100% for that one.

If it's not thumpin, im not humpin.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #263 - 03/09/14 at 03:13:51

Loud3r wrote on 03/08/14 at 18:56:43:
I'll be making it up next year, want to get the bike built and perfect, and ill be riding from California. Wanna make sure the bike is at 100% for that one.

That will be a pretty good ride.  I hope you will plan on stopping here in Oklahoma as part of your route.  Your are certainly welcome.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #264 - 03/10/14 at 13:47:36

Just finished putting a trailer hitch on my new car.   Now to reserve the vacation time.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #265 - 03/10/14 at 19:54:34

Smiley

Re-post of trip as planned so far -- we are 4 months out from the trip and some of us need to be thinking about reserving the vacation time.

=========================

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 17th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Tuesday June 17th, Oldfeller and Lancer arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Wednesday June 18th, road trips and shooting
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

Committed     (pending vacation approval, work schedule and other "out of our control circumstances")

MMRanch
Oldfeller
Lancer
Dave
old_rider & missus_old_rider.
Zar

===============

Lancer and I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 17th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

....  It would be nice if we all told MM when we were showing up so as host he can plan for our arrival.   How many and when likely will play some against the trips that he plans and the assorted eating type stuff.

« Last Edit: 03/12/14 at 06:22:03 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #266 - 03/11/14 at 10:10:34

So as a committed group.......we are:

MMRanch
Oldfellor
Lancer
Dave

Have I missed anyone?  I know there were a few that had indiated they would like to come.....but maybe life had gotten in the way.  Art Webb?  Midnightrider?  Pine?  ZAR?  WD?

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #267 - 03/11/14 at 18:44:48

Dave wrote on 03/11/14 at 10:10:34:
So as a committed group.......we are:

MMRanch
Oldfellor
Lancer
Dave

Have I missed anyone?  I know there were a few that had indiated they would like to come.....but maybe life had gotten in the way.  Art Webb?  Midnightrider?  Pine?  ZAR?  WD?

As much as I want to make the party,everything here is on hold right now. Looks like the dealership is being bought out and from talking to employees of the buyer it looks like all of us will be going back to square one. Don't know how it will affect pay or insurance but likely I'll lose my three weeks of vacation and retirement plan.

Right now I'm just going to work on keeping my head above the sewage floating downstream!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #268 - 03/12/14 at 06:21:14

Zar, we will plan for you to be there, understanding that taking care of having a job is VERY important right now and that you are going to do what you have to do.

Remember, the trip is time flexible, and you can hit which part you can reach the easiest for as long as you can afford to stay.

Year's past we had folks show up for one afternoon and one night before having to go back home to keep up with responsibilities.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #269 - 03/12/14 at 07:16:18

ZAR:

Your work situation has been a tough one for a while....hope it turns out well.

As Oldfellor indicated....we would love to have you come out and ride with us even if you can only do an overnighter on the weekend.

Dave  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:28:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.