Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #240 - 02/12/14 at 00:47:10

I'd like to get in on this, but I'll have to see what happens, with life and with my (new to me) S40

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #241 - 02/12/14 at 04:08:36

Art Webb wrote on 02/12/14 at 00:47:10:
I'd like to get in on this, but I'll have to see what happens, with life and with my (new to me) S40

Hope to see you there.  A good time is had by all

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #242 - 02/13/14 at 15:49:26

Gents:  It looks like a fun filled week with a lot of good comradery.  Unfortunately, not an easy time for me to get off work.  Perhaps some other time.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #243 - 02/13/14 at 21:10:47

Pgambr

We ain't giving up on ya till the last minute.   You never know how things will turn out !    Your more than welcome any-time .   Smiley

Is there camping allowed on the Natches parkway ?   If there is who knows we might get-to-gether for  a parkway ride sometime ???   Huh

That ride in West Tn. last year was a really nice trip , WD and Company made sure we all had a Great time !

I have to be home every Friday (school year) to teach a class and at least once a week (in the summer) to take care of the cows.

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #244 - 03/03/14 at 08:00:27

Re-post of trip as planned so far -- we are 4 months out from the trip and some of us need to be thinking about reserving the vacation time.

=========================

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 17th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Tuesday June 17th, Oldfeller and Lancer arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Wednesday June 18th, road trips and shooting
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

===============

Lancer and I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 17th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

....  It would be nice if we all told MM when we were showing up so as host he can plan for our arrival.   How many and when likely will play some against the trips that he plans and the assorted eating type stuff.

« Last Edit: 03/10/14 at 19:53:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #245 - 03/03/14 at 08:40:13

I'm thinking of leaving Tuesday the 17th and arriving pretty late in the day.   It is 640 +/- miles for me so it will be a looong day on the road.
If I get off early like I want then I should arrive about 6-7 pm.

Is that ok with you Michael ?  If not I will wait and leave the 18th.

« Last Edit: 03/03/14 at 09:52:18 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #246 - 03/03/14 at 09:05:45

If Lancer is going to land late on the 17th then so shall I.

Lancer MM and I have been on every mountain trip that was, so we will be again.

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #247 - 03/03/14 at 09:41:42

Okie dudes; I just locked up cabin #4 at the Blue Ridge

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #248 - 03/03/14 at 17:07:13

You guys need to chime again for the other sleeping places in cabin number 4.

Cabin #4 can hold up to 4 people, two on beds and two on the floor.

If I am bringing guns then I want to go ahead and travel directly home from the farm.  Can't see leaving my stuff exposed out on the road side like that in the gravel parking lot.  So right now I'm not planning to go to the Blue Ridge.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #249 - 03/03/14 at 22:23:55

Lancer  

I'll be glad to see ya anytime ya get here !   Smiley   (If your getting here after midnight let me know so I doin't shoot any prowlers that night ) Grin

I'll bring a tent for back-up , but if nobody else wants the cabin space I'll help ya out with the rent.  (I'm still good with a sleeping bag and a dry spot (tent or cabin), at least for another year or two  Roll Eyes.

and

OldFeller
If your going home to drop your rifles off ... are ya comming back on your own or do we need to come and get ya ?  Tongue   (if we have to come after you ... have you got tent space or a KOA near-by ?)

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #250 - 03/04/14 at 05:22:25

MMRanch wrote on 03/03/14 at 22:23:55:
OldFeller
If your going home to drop your rifles off ... are ya comming back on your own or do we need to come and get ya ?  Tongue   (if we have to come after you ... have you got tent space or a KOA near-by ?)

Smiley

Nope,  just don't have enough secure space in a mostly glass car to be securing firearms to be left for days in a parking lot right next to a public road.    And hell no, I ain't a running them home & coming back -- its too too fur to be driving round trip.  

17th - 25th is enough ground sleeping for me, I'll be missing my own bed purty good by then I suspect.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #251 - 03/04/14 at 18:45:26

Wife and I will probably take one of those queen cabins.... i'm going to call tomorrow and see if one is going to be available for that time slot.

I'm hoping that Thursday's anesthetic disc-ogram (sp?) goes well and they figure out at least one of the pain violation points, if surgery is involve after, i'm not sure what i'll do.... LOL...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #252 - 03/04/14 at 20:45:23

Smiley
OldFeller wrote

17th - 25th is enough ground sleeping for me, I'll be missing my own bed purty good by then I suspect.

You bring your cot arn't ya ?   I've got one extra , I'll put your name on it !  Wink

Doin't sweat it a bit buddy ... we'll enjoy ya while we got ya !  BUt ! Sad --- With-out somebody tempting us to go Faster-and-Faster all the time we woin't know how to act !  Huh    

I'm beginning to wonder if ridding to Daytona next week is going to be a good idea --- it been darn-right cold  this week (as in the ground being frozzen !)     Old-Rider   , tell me it nice and warm in your neighborhood  Tongue

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #253 - 03/04/14 at 21:14:05

LOL, um well, it was a nice 42 degree ride today. The wifes car radiator cracked on top (plastic), so she took my truck.  :'(

So I hopped on the Harley and went and picked up a radiator and some hoses and a jug o' anti-freeze. Was a nice nippy ride, but at least it wasn't freezing.

Started spittin' a bit on the way back to the mechanics place, making it kinda miserable, but at least I got a ride in Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #254 - 03/05/14 at 05:41:26

old_rider wrote on 03/04/14 at 18:45:26:
Wife and I will probably take one of those queen cabins.... i'm going to call tomorrow and see if one is going to be available for that time slot.

I'm hoping that Thursday's anesthetic disc-ogram (sp?) goes well and they figure out at least one of the pain violation points, if surgery is involve after, i'm not sure what i'll do.... LOL...

They just opened up to start taking reservations on the 1st and the queen cabin was open, so if you call now you should be able to get it.  Even if you are "iffy" on being able to go due to the medical issues, I would still reserve it now, you can always cancel if you find out in a few weeks that you won't be able to do it.  They don't charge for canceling until you get down to about 10-11 days prior to the date.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:29:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.