Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #225 - 01/27/14 at 21:28:31

Anyone comming from West of Middle TN or from Texas or  Mississippi or Kanas and the like   can leave their tow vechile here if your using one.   The Dragon area is only 5 hrs. east of here .   I know two fun ways to get there so we doin't have to see the same road again on the way back. Wink.    
Also  the law enforcement  in TN. ain't no worse than most other places ,  I usually run 5-to-8 mph over the posted and haven't had a problem (yet) !   Roll Eyes    Just ride like ya got good sense and there ain't no problem.     I'll admit to loossing my good sense a time or two while running the Dragon but most of the time I'll drive my stopping/sight  distance wether thats the speedlimit or not , (like on blind hills and such) ya never know when there might be a cow in the road around here !  Huh

Dave you got any idea of what time of day you might get here ?  (Day Trip planning).   I have three adopted daughters and three days to ride local "Day Rides".    The one Saturday will be the poker-run , the one Friday will be a shorty becouse of Jack-Daniels tour , and the one Thursday has to be local so we can check in with the latest arivials.  I'd like to put some Ribs or the like on the grill at least one of the days . Tongue  

I'll be off work the whole week and hope to have 10-20 of you fellers show-up ... The more the better , there ain't no shortage of room.  Smiley      

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #226 - 01/28/14 at 03:20:32

MM:

At this point that is a bit far away for me to know exactly what is going to happen...I am still in the process of painting and putting my bike back together!  I expect my arrival would probably be late in the day on the 19th.  I will probably get things loaded up in the morning and make the drive down on that day.

You all can do your shooting or day rides, and I expect to be there in the late afternoon.  If I hear a bunch of shooting going on........I'll wave a white flag as I pull in.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #227 - 01/28/14 at 15:11:49

Smiley       Ok, boys .... first one to take out just his tail light wins .....

Seriously now, all you folks who have been wishin' & wantn' to go but were afraid of the hairy dangerous mountain riding thang --- this is your trip.

We ain't in the mountains, we are in civilization and we had durn well better act that way or MM gets into TROUBLE (deep deep trouble) from his missus.    

She might give us all detention, you can never tell about these school admin people.

We ain't a gonna do a Toymaker on him, so we will all be behaving better than you have EVER seen us behave before.   EVER.

So, this is your trip, them of you that think our standard trip might be too much of a good thing.

Chirp up and say you are going.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
CrazyCanuck
YaBB Newbies

Working on thumper

Hornby, Ontario, Canada
Reply #228 - 01/29/14 at 17:08:00

forgive my ignorance but where is the run?

My friends call me Ratchet but you guys can call me CrazyCanuck

'86 savage, biltwell window bars, and going (picked this bike up this winter plan on having fun)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #229 - 01/29/14 at 17:56:55

CrazyCanuck wrote on 01/29/14 at 17:08:00:
forgive my ignorance but where is the run?

This year the first few days will be at MM Ranch's house somewhere in Tennessee....I have not figured out excactly where yet.

Then we will move on to the Bluegrass Motorycle Campground in Waynesville, North Carolina.....about 1.5 hours from the Dragon which is on US 129 at the Tennessee and North Carolina border, about 1 hour south of Knoxville, Tennessee.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #230 - 01/29/14 at 21:11:50

First few days in  "Bueatifull Lynchburg TN."   We plan to day ride thursday , short ride and take the Jack Daniels tour Friday, poker run and annual rally saturday , sunday head to Blue Ridge campground.  

Evening meals will probley be off the grill at least one day , rimfire iron turkey range open dailly .  Longer range consist of 2L jugs out to 500yds in the hay field (hill).  

Ya'll come and have some fun !    Grin

Standard range rules apply.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #231 - 01/30/14 at 06:34:14

Re-post of trip as planned so far -- we are 6 months out from the trip and some of us need to be thinking about reserving the vacation time.

=========================

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google map/directions location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

===============

I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

....  It would be nice if we all told MM when we were showing up so as host he can plan for our arrival.   How many and when likely will play some against the trips that he plans and the assorted eating type stuff.

« Last Edit: 02/06/14 at 17:20:29 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #232 - 01/30/14 at 07:19:21

Well, since I went out and bought me a truck tent and small generator... I'd like to reserve a Nice spot with a view of the firepit and pik-a-nik area for one each ford f150...LOL.. and two people.... course' i'll bring a couple of sleeping bags fer the barn if the wife can't stand the truck, but seein' as its up off the greound and away from critters, she will prolly want the truck and just boot me out to the barn... rofl  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #233 - 01/30/14 at 21:24:13

Well Old Rider

I'll go ya even one better ... Roll Eyes ....  How about an extention cord  so ya doin't have to run the generator all night (course you can try it out all ya want too ).   or    at least till she kicks ya out and runns ya off to the barn. !  Grin

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #234 - 02/03/14 at 09:59:13

Well a friend as me about food ????

and that made me think of the Boil-n-Bags breakfast the Scouts used to make.

They start with a good quality frezzer bag.   Ya put in a couple of eggs, some ground up cooked meat , shreaded cheese , and spice to your taste, then squish it all up together , push the air out of the bag as ya close it , and drop it in hot water(simmering) for about 20 minutes , meanwhile you make toast ,,,, and go enjoy coffee for a while. Smiley
The cooked omlet slides out of the bag just as perty as anything and breakfast is ready !  Wink  and everybody has it just the way they like it !  Wink

Also

Taking the 2 burnner flat-top grill out to the BBQ grill and making sausage and pancakes is a quick idea.

Anybody know what a "Hobbo Bag" meal is ???  Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #235 - 02/03/14 at 13:15:38

MMRanch:

I think we made Hobo Stew when I was in scouts.  It was potatos, carrots, onions and meat wrapped in tinfoil and put in the coals to cook.

Makes wonder what we could cook up there on the cylinder head while running the Blueridge Parkway?

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #236 - 02/06/14 at 17:27:53

Me, only the height of luxury will do -- and I bet MM has an air compressor tucked away somewhere in his shop, too.    

Might buy 2, just in case I have a boo boo ....

Cheesy

$11.47 at Wally

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Vinyl-Airbed-Twin/20449350

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #237 - 02/06/14 at 20:52:38

Yiup! go us one of those, with the fancy furry suede side up! Fits just right between the humps of the bed of my truck! Luxury at its finest, yehaww!

Still ain't played with the generator just yet... was thinkin' about the bucket of water trick and a flexable exhaust hose.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #238 - 02/07/14 at 18:11:55

That ol' furry suede can't be patched up with when you rip it a new one, but that sweet sweet virgin vinyl can be kissed and made up with for jest about anything you can do to 'er  .....

Virgin vinyl is much more forgiving, and a blanket over the top of it feels even better than that sprayed-on fuzzy flockin' stuff.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #239 - 02/08/14 at 19:31:19

O-yea fellers

I've got two of the air pumps for those things.  Hooked up one way the plow up and the other way they take air out ( makes those things fit back in the box good).   Hopefully I'll be able to find at least one of them !  Grin

Having the home advanatge I"m going with a millitary surplus cot.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:31:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.