Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #210 - 01/10/14 at 15:55:06

Is it better than the cute little Cafe where they grew their own fresh veggies right out beside the parking lot?    

(the one where you bought the T-shirt)

That was good eats, but we'd been eating BBQ for 4 days straight by then so any veggie would have tasted real good to me by then .....

Fresh, jest cooked up string beans can taste very very good up in that there clear mountain air.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #211 - 01/11/14 at 03:52:23

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/10/14 at 15:55:06:

Is it better than the cute little Cafe where they grew their own fresh veggies right out beside the parking lot?    

(the one where you bought the T-shirt)

That was good eats, but we'd been eating BBQ for 4 days straight by then so any veggie would have tasted real good to me by then .....

Fresh, jest cooked up string beans can taste very very good up in that there clear mountain air.

That was a nice little diner for sure, but Massey's BBQ is a place that needs to be experienced, the food is GOOO-OOO-OOD, and it is a cool little place as well.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #212 - 01/17/14 at 15:33:24

OK, then the challenge to MM is to show us a place that will rate up with the existing top two best places we have ever found to eat while on a mountain trip.  

I will offer up a third offering to help set the benchmark to beat, remember the night we got all fogged out while we were eating dinner?    

That was a right good place to eat, it was.

Ain't got to be BBQ, can be anything local that rates VERY VERY GOOD.

Wink

..... them boys they'se gotta eat, you know .....

Roll Eyes

MM done forgot them posted pictures of the shooting bench, he did .... and I had to spend the money I wuz gonna send him to go buy a new trailer hitch for a different car since Momma traded in her old Acura (and my old trailer hitch with it)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #213 - 01/17/14 at 17:17:56

MM done forgot them posted pictures of the shooting bench, he did .... and I had to spend the money I wuz gonna send him to go buy a new trailer hitch for a different car since Momma traded in her old Acura (and my old trailer hitch with it)

Well !
I ain't got no excuse !   But I do allready have a one person shooting bench(commerical type) .  I'd wanted to take a picture of it and post it , but couldn't find my camera ... so I got the wife's camera , but it always says "change batteries" even when it has a new set .   Anway I've been keeping an eye-out for my camera but haven't ran accross it yet.    Hopefully , I'll remember to take a cell phone picture and get it posted .   It seems like everytime we have a sunny day there are 100 things I need to get done so I hit the door running !  

I'lll be thinking about the Resturant thing.   My wife might even want to go on that trip.   So be thinking of "STORIES" that are safe to tell . ???  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #214 - 01/17/14 at 19:25:01

When your wife is around I am your old friend, the handicapped deaf mute dude.

Really, is there anything I could ever tell your wife that wouldn't get you into trouble somehow?

We lost Toymaker because his wife wouldn't let him play any more, I'm not taking any risks with you.

Wink

Think of a simple heavy wood 2x16 (doubled to make 32 inches wide) table making up two shooting stations with end supports and a center support between them.  With a simple flat square bench type stool made with the same end and center supports with 2x16 wood for the stool surfaces.     Dig the wood into the ground a bit, lay in some sacrete then level it up good before the sacrete sets.    

Add in several 25 pound sacks of sand, or sacks of perilite or fertilizer or whatever kind of sacks of stuff you actually can use around the farm when we are done.

Simple and sturdy, so your misses belong to you, not the rig.

Pressure treated wood, lasts as long as you will even out in the weather.

We don't have a count yet of who's coming, but I can see two folks shooting at once without any great stretch of the imagination.

Cost it and I'll send you the money.    I can come a day early and help you dig it in and level it.  

You want to lay it out in the final form with somebody sitting at it with a rifle on the bags looking through the scope.

I've built shooting benches before without doing this step and guess what, the distances/heights of bench and stool were actually off by a good bit, so far off as to be practically unusable.   Certainly it was uncomfortable as all get out and the ill fitting cramped recoil made things worse too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #215 - 01/17/14 at 20:08:22

Well

I've got two ranges sort-a  :

1.      a rimfire range (25-100yds) with Iron turkeys and spinners

2.      Steel targets out in the hay-field (up on the hill 250-450yds)
        The hill faces the back yard.   So water jugs are easy to see.-

I've allready got a pick-a-nick table at both places and the one person (factory) shooting bench is portable ,  but If we can make a regular shooting table and fix it "easy to mow around"  Wink that would be OK.  Smiley

Sounds like a utube hunting trip !  Roll Eyes

Hay
you got any sandbags or bean-bags ?    One of those adjustble "Rifle Sled" thingies mabby ?  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #216 - 01/18/14 at 03:14:25

MMRanch wrote on 01/17/14 at 20:08:22:
you got any sandbags or bean-bags ?    One of those adjustble "Rifle Sled" thingies mabby ?  Huh

Nope, left them all at the last place I had to shoot, which was on land that has now become a state park.

I used to live out at the edge of nowhere but town has grown out to and now way past us.

I used to go out my back gate and shoot all I wanted, now it would be a State Park felony to do so (and stupid since there are housing developments back there now)

I had a bench set up out in the woods and a 150 yard range all cleared out, waterproof sand bags stayed out at the bench until the kids got to them with their pocket knives.

Angry

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #217 - 01/19/14 at 11:33:53

Made it outside with a working camera !  Cheesy

Seats_003.JPG

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #218 - 01/19/14 at 11:36:46

Sitting wall and fire pit

Seats_005.JPG

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #219 - 01/19/14 at 11:39:31

RimFire range area  Smiley

Seats_008.JPG

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #220 - 01/19/14 at 11:42:09

RimFire area looking down range  Wink

Seats_018.JPG

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #221 - 01/19/14 at 11:48:34

Cooking and meeting area by back porch  Smiley

Seats_023.JPG

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #222 - 01/19/14 at 12:05:04

Well, if your wife has gone to work, we won't be bothering anybody 'cept ourselves with any banging we do.   If she is off work and is at home, we may have to think on that a bit.

I didn't realize your range was right at your back door, but it makes sense ---  that is where I would put mine if I could.

Do the picnic tables move/rotate?    That might well be enough for our casual type shooting.    That picnic table can hold two shooters just fine.

My shooting ranges were always much cruder places than yours -- heck, you've even got grass.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #223 - 01/19/14 at 14:01:35

O-Yea  the pick-a-nick table by the fire pit is on a concreat slab so its easy to mow around  ,  so as long as you fellers help me put it back before I have to mow is't portable.   One of the guys that lived here in the 50's - 70's had a chicken house with concreat floor so the criteers couldn't get with his "egg" supply.  

here is a picture of the barn loft .   Yea there is electricity but you have to bring your own dancing partner (sorry).  Grin

BarnDance_YouthConference_007.JPG

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #224 - 01/22/14 at 08:54:29

Repost of trip as planned so far -- we are 6 months out from the trip and some of us need to be thinking about reserving the vacation time.

=========================

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Google location for MM's farm  is  219 M and M Ranch road, Lynchburg Tn 37352

Wednesday June 18th, arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

===============

I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.  

....  It would be nice if we all told MM when we were showing up so as host he can plan for our arrival.   How many and when likely will play some against the trips that he plans and the assorted eating type stuff.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:20:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.