Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #180 - 12/30/13 at 14:38:19

OldFeller

How does your rifle get to my house ?

I carried my Martin Travel Guitar to the Dragon once and know you can tie anthing on if your so inclined .    Heck , I carried 4 ea. 8' 2"x4" home from Lowes once (one end on the crashbar & other dangleing from the luggage rack).

could be ???

You may be : " you may be a redneck if your motorcycle has a rifle rack "  Grin

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #181 - 12/30/13 at 14:44:00

Talked to the wife, (between us coughin', we got the crud) she says it would be great if we go pay respects to her mom, then hit MMR's  and after it the Blue Ridge it would fit better with her... tuff it out first, then pamper her second, end the trip on happier note LOL, well i'm sure if she gits fed up with campin' at MMR's there are some hotels nearby she can go stay in...errr.. we could stay in Undecided
After all we got communication devices to stay in touch with so we could find each other when we get behind... Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #182 - 12/30/13 at 14:51:11

MMRanch wrote on 12/30/13 at 14:38:19:
OldFeller

How does your rifle get to my house ?

I carried my Martin Travel Guitar to the Dragon once and know you can tie anthing on if your so inclined .    Heck , I carried 4 ea. 8' 2"x4" home from Lowes once (one end on the crashbar & other dangleing from the luggage rack).

could be ???

You may be : " you may be a redneck if your motorcycle has a rifle rack "  Grin

Smiley

Well you could rig up a mount like this

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #183 - 12/30/13 at 17:29:14

Well now, that's a CONSENSUS I do believe .....

The 2014 Spring trip starts June 18th and runs through June 25th

The trip contains two sections, first section is MM's farm and the second section is the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Wednesday June 18th, arrive at MM's and set up tent, etc
Thursday, June 19th, road trips and shooting
Friday, June 20th, Jack Daniels whiskey sipping tour
Saturday, June 21st, Bike Rally day
Sunday, June 22nd, break camp and head towards Blue Ridge Campground
Monday-Wednesday June 23-25, ride the neat roads Dave found then find your way on home.

Since there are no rooms to reserve ('cept for those going to the Blue Ridge and those you reserve yourselves) we don't need to be doing a lot of extra planning beyond what we got right here.

You show up for what parts you like and you leave when the itch strikes you ....

I will be at MM's in the afternoon on the 18th to help him set up whatever needs setting up.   Dave will show up on the 19th.

================

How will I carry my fire stick?   Wrapped up in a blanket with the bolt out of it (ammo and bolt carried in a different part of the vehicle).

I am driving a car and pulling a trailer since my trip in will be like 9-10 hours long.  

So I gots me lotsa room for a fire stick.

« Last Edit: 12/31/13 at 08:43:37 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #184 - 12/30/13 at 22:52:30

Well that sounds good fellers !  Smiley

OldRider wrote

well i'm sure if she gits fed up with campin' at MMR's there are some hotels nearby she can go stay in...errr.. we could stay in

There is one motel here in Lynchburg "Lynchburg Country Inn".

If your able to bring a cot ... the barn loft is plenty big enough and/or the yard / Fire pit area has lots of room , ... We have two bath-rooms but the hot water tank will only support one shower an hour or so -bring-your-own-towl would be good ( Tongue ).   The four burner gas grill stays hooked up to the 500 gal tank and will cook for 10 at a time.  two pick-a-nick tables are right handy and the firepit wall will seat at least 10 or 12 , the gold fish pond rail is high enough to sit another half dozen (long as your not drinking or cluzzys).
I just had an Idea ... I'll but up a "dinning fly (12x20 tarp on stills)" and we can "cot" under it next to the fire-pit.  Cheesy
Its about 100 yards from the barn to the bathroom ... its only about 20 yards from the firepit area (and its flat-rock-paved and lighted). Wink

Ain't nothing primitive here boys !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #185 - 01/01/14 at 12:55:00

Mike (MM), whats your address?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #186 - 01/01/14 at 13:18:14

MM, you'll like this .....

The quickest way for me to get to your house is through Atlanta, Ga according to Google.  

So I drive NC, SC, GA then jest a little bitty tiny sliver of TN.

I will only be in your ticket loving state for less than 100 miles each way, AND then I will be in an anonymous car jest a tooling along going the speed limit on the interstate.

Cheesy

When I get t here on Weds if you have everything all done, them maybe we can cobble together a simple shooting bench out at your range.  

Grin   That will be my donation to your facilities .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #187 - 01/01/14 at 15:54:37

Oldfeller you mean you're not going to the outhouse to donate? Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #188 - 01/01/14 at 18:57:33

No, not an outhouse, a shooting bench.

We may do some crappy shooting out there, but we won't need any toilet paper to clean it up I don't think ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #189 - 01/01/14 at 21:59:02

219 M and M Ranch rd. , Lynchburg Tn 37352

I normally ride Tn. Hwy 30 over to the west end of the SkyWay TellcoPlains (very currrrrrvy ... )  or take hwy 64 east of Chattanoga (again very currrrvy) to the Dragon area.  

Atlanta is way out of the way ???  Check MapQuest again !   From Chattonga I-24W (Tullahoma/AEDC exit) goes with-in 45miles of the house here.  and I-75 will take you to Chattonga.

PS --- Just go the speed-limit and doin't worry about a thing !  Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #190 - 01/02/14 at 02:21:48

TN's general default "45mph" is not a speed limit .... and them posted 35 mph's all over the place where the roads gets curvy is jest an insult to Savagers everywhere.

Google takes into account the speed limit and traffic congestion for the roads now, which is why it correctly states that going the slightly longer way at a much higher interstate road speed gets you there quicker.   There are three major paths for me to take, but this one is the quickest.  And as you know, for me, sticking on a major interstate road the whole way is MUCH MUCH safer .....

Wink..... humming a refrain of    "TN wants me, Lord I can't go back there"

Me and Google (on my cell phone) will get us there on Weds the 18th jest fine.  I betcha I won't even see or smell a mountain on the max speed "quick way" Google sends me ....

Figure out what you want to build for a nice steady level permanent type shooting bench and seat for two people and tell me how much the lumber & stuff costs and I'll send you a check.

100 yards to the berm plus a view to 200 - 300 yards for a drop & drift reality check would be nice.

If you plan to host this thing on out into the future you need the facilities, right?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #191 - 01/02/14 at 22:13:22

100 yards to the berm plus a view to 200 - 300 yards for a drop & drift reality check would be nice.

If you plan to host this thing on out into the future you need the facilities, right?  

I'll try to get a picture of what I allready have for ya .   mabby warm enough tomorrow to take pictures.  Roll Eyes

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #192 - 01/03/14 at 17:09:44

Is there really "sipping" to be had on the Jack Daniels Tour ?
My wife said her dad went there once and there was not sipping to be had since it was in a dry county.  Is it no longer  "dry" ??

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #193 - 01/03/14 at 19:31:01

Lancer wrote.

Is there really "sipping" to be had on the Jack Daniels Tour ?
My wife said her dad went there once and there was not sipping to be had since it was in a dry county.  Is it no longer  "dry" ??

WE have a saying in the county here ...

"Yes ,tiss true we are smart enough to make the best sipping Wiskey in the USA.  Roll Eyes ... But ... It is also true we are not stupid enough to drink it!"  Grin

How-ever  Wink our dear county is so small that its only a short drive to the outlaying world  Cheesy where all manner of stupit behavor is available to be partaken of !  Tongue

The local Grocery store and the Dollar store both have a beer lockers.  Just no hard stuff.

Smiley

confession time:
instead of taking pictures today I went deer hunting .   Season closes Sunday at sundown and I can legalilly take one more buck .  Tongue  If I can find a 8 point or better I'll take it.

« Last Edit: 01/03/14 at 20:37:35 by MMRanch »  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #194 - 01/04/14 at 03:01:21

Wally Bator would be proud you, he always thought a little lead pill in the punkin' could cure most any deer of most any of their mortal problems.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:25:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.