Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #165 - 12/27/13 at 14:16:08

Midnightrider wrote on 12/27/13 at 07:18:46:
Without having to read through all the pages has a date been decided this year? Thanks.

I believe the trip is June 7th through 15th -  starting at MM's house and a bike show in his home town.  Then to the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground on Monday for a few days of touring, then the thing will break up on Sunday.  I expect people will come and go during the event as their schedules allow.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #166 - 12/28/13 at 01:55:22

Dave and Old-rider, between the two of you discussing and cussing and mussing and you have jest flat cornfused the dates up some.   Or I am cornfused again, which is always possible.

Cheesy

Let's begin all over again with the only solid item we have -- the bike rally.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #167 - 12/28/13 at 06:13:47

sounds good. I'll be 60 this year. I'm selling my Ninja. I guess I'll start looking for an old man's motorcycle LOL.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #168 - 12/28/13 at 07:51:13

MM....Thanks for the date correction, I must have gone back and picked up a thread post that was not up to date.  I am out of town and using my wife's I-Pad and it is a bit cumbersome.

I plan on coming down to your place early on Friday the 20th and entering my bike in the show on the 21st, then I am going to root you on when you enter the "Grass Track Race".  I then will go with you all to the Bluegrass Campground for several days - I have not figured out if I can stay for the entire week.

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #169 - 12/28/13 at 13:02:32

I hopes he's a funnin' us   Huh   -- really I do.

He's the youngest/brightest of the whole group and iffen his bulb is startin' gett'n a little bit dimmer then there ain't jest no hope fer the rest of us AT ALL, NOT NO HOW ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #170 - 12/28/13 at 16:40:01

Anyone have the address for Blueridge Campground.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #171 - 12/28/13 at 16:49:04

N 35o 24.235   W 82o 48.682
59 Motorcycle Drive
US 276 Cruso, NC
(828)235-8350

first are the lat and lon  if your gps takes those

http://blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #172 - 12/28/13 at 20:54:04

Dave

I'm hosting , and I'm not even sure when everbody is getting here ?   Tongue

Doin't really matter , ... best I can figure is "I'm gona have a GREAT time when ever it is !  Grin
OldFeller is gona shoot up everything but the cows !  Grin
Some are gona say the Day rides are to long and some say too short !  Grin

But I kinda suppect as long as we cook-out something goood  Tongue Tongue Tongue every evening things will end well .  Roll Eyes

I can hardly wait !   Smiley

When warm wether set in again I'll try out some day rides .   Wink

I did shoot two deer for the frezzer today .  got them hanging in the free freezer now !  Smiley  That makes three for the year so far !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #173 - 12/29/13 at 07:00:47

So, lets try that planning thing all over again since folks are paying attention now.  

All previous plans are null and void as the bike rally moved on us by two weeks and that scrapped out all the previous plans.

LISTED BACKWARDS as laid out by the existing plans

Sunday, June 22 we pack up and go home.
We got a motorcycle rally event that takes place on Saturday June the 21st.
We got a Jack Daniels tour that will fill up the day before that, the 20th.
We got riding around here and there and shooting guns and cooking out and stuff like that which will fill up another day. the 19th.
We got traveling from where-ever and dropping by the Dragon while on the way going past it to get to MM's which will take up Wednesday the 18th.
Wednesday June the 18th is earliest show up day at MM's.

We lost track of ourselves on the Blue Ridge Campground part of things as some were talking two week previous old scrapped out plans and Oldrider was tossing out Mondays and Tuesdays without saying which week he was in and Dave was talking about the old scrapped plans and running them backards  ---  so I let the whole thing lay quietly until folks finally figured out we were all discomboobulated by the rally shifting on us by 2 weeks and we were actually talking in 3 different directions.

Blue Ridge is there Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th with no 2 day lock in.   Staying longer requires a Saturday 14th - Sunday 15th two (2) day lock in.  

We will let Oldrider and Dave plan out the first part of the trip since Oldrider has his wife to consider and Dave has all the neat roads he found while up with his wife this past fall.   Plus, by then Dave will have taught his wife to ride his Honda some and they might be cruising at a sedate civilized pace with Oldrider & wife around all them neat nifty wifey ridey roads ....

Wink     why plan it in this direction?   Because Oldrider's wife will go back home at some point in time so her cuddly slow riding part has to come first before she gets all tired of it.

« Last Edit: 12/29/13 at 08:45:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #174 - 12/29/13 at 08:52:01

What will we be shooting?

Huh

Who knows ......

MM might donate a stick or two of red stuff for some long distance plinking

Roll Eyes

..... now this is more like what ours will be like .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #175 - 12/29/13 at 21:00:02

The Five Days of Christmas

On the first day  of Christmas, to family I gave away .....
One 30A Marlin in a pear tree

On the second day of Chrismas, to family I gave away .....
Two historically accurate Mausers mausing

On the third day of Christmas, to family I gave away .....
Three tins of .177 pellets plinking

On the fourth day of Christmas to family I gave away .....
Four magnum Rugers ripping

On the fifth day of Christmas to family I gave away .....
Five hundred rounds of various ammo

..... and a partridge in a pear tree

(but they shot it all to pieces)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #176 - 12/29/13 at 21:49:41

We can do the blue ridge "after", the wife and I are open for either before or after..... I was saying mon or tue either side was ok with me, figured thur-sun at MM's, so either side o' that we are golden.... heh, ya'll lead i'll follow.... a little slower, but i'll get there ventually'
Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #177 - 12/30/13 at 07:26:08

So, the Blue Ridge folks need to decide if they are "before" or "after".

Or we can simply leave it up to the folks who are going to Blue Ridge and then they can figure it out at some future point in time.  

Indecision on Blue Ridge means nobody who is working and has to spit soon on the vacation time will be able to make any firm plans to go with them, but by removing the "confusion" portion of the trip we can go on and plan the MM portion with firm certainty.

The MM portion starts with arrival on Weds June 18th and ends on Sunday June 22nd.   MM will pack that sucker with more road miles, bike rallys and whiskey plant tours than you can shake a stick at (and Oldfeller will have boom sticks and brass bits for those who want to stay in that day).

===============

Me, if I had my wife along I'd do Blue Ridge first and get a good taste in her mouth with the good accommodations, easy roads and pretty scenery.  

Then I'd simply tell her "when she got tired" we could go home early as I value her comfort and care about how she feels more than the guys or any of this motorcycle shite.  

Wives like statements like that, since they feel we like bikes and the guys better than them sometimes.   Having you willing to toss the rest of the trip for her would make her feel much better about things, really.    

And she will take you up on it, too.

Sleeping in a cabin, on a real bed with a real bathroom with hot showers and hot meals also gives you some bonus points at the front end ....

Starting out at MM's having to crawl in and out of a truck bed sleeping bag, cooking over a campfire getting smoke in her hair, pissing in a porta-potty and having to take her showers under a garden hose -- not so much on them there bonus points from a woman's perspective, buddy.    Riding her ass off on them long long road trips won't go over any better either.

And she'll talk to her girl buds for weeks & weeks about that whiskey plant tour and the bike rally with them young biker tat girls showing their tats off all over the place ....

Wink     jest a wigglin' their tats off, they are ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #178 - 12/30/13 at 07:52:59

For my schedule, doing the Blueridge Motorycle Campground thing after MM's works best.  I have lots of meetings early in the month and the 4th week is more open.  I was planning on driving down on the 19th and spending the weekend at MM's and entering the bike show on the 21st while my bike is still clean (before you get me to the Blueridge and drag me through rainstorms and dirt roads)!  Then when we leave MM's on the 22nd we could go to the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground and stay as many days as we choose.

Whatever we do (before or after).....I can make it work.

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #179 - 12/30/13 at 08:35:45

One vote for after .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:19:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.