Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #150 - 12/11/13 at 19:38:21

The Germans used flexable steel tubbing to get the exaust out of the tent and to the bucket.  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #151 - 12/12/13 at 05:36:27

Old-Rider.

Get that generator out, do the break-in as instructed, and test the generator.  I have read some reviews on these generators and most of them work fine......every now and then a bad one slips through and they just don't start well or run correctly and you need to take that one back and exchange it.  Being a 2-cycle engine they run a bit uneven when there is no (or very little) load on them, and when you have them hooked up and doing work t should run smoothly.  Do use a good 50:1 oil designed for air cooled motors - don't use outboard or snowmobile oils.  Some of the small engine 2 cycle oil has fuel stabilizer built in.....don't let any mix made from ethanol pump gas sit in the generator for more than 2 months.....it is best to store the generator without any fuel in it.

Hey.....this might just be the answer to the need for more electrical output on the Savage!  Just bolt one of these to the luggage rack, and then buy some electric socks, a heated vest and gloves.....and plug in the coffee maker! Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #152 - 12/12/13 at 08:28:44

Quote:

Hey.....this might just be the answer to the need for more electrical output on the Savage!  Just bolt one of these to the luggage rack, and then buy some electric socks, a heated vest and gloves.....and plug in the coffee maker! Grin

OKIE DOKIE ... THAT WOULD WORK FOR ME !!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #153 - 12/12/13 at 19:51:32

I can see it now .... Bike TRAILERS and Extention cords !

Accually the first time I went to BlueRidgeCampGround , there was a couple pulled up on one of the bikes like Dave's new one.  They unhitched the trailer , put up the tent , then took the bike out for a ride.  Smiley

Looked right handy !  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #154 - 12/13/13 at 10:32:38

MMRanch wrote on 12/12/13 at 19:51:32:
I can see it now .... Bike TRAILERS and Extention cords !

Accually the first time I went to BlueRidgeCampGround , there was a couple pulled up on one of the bikes like Dave's new one.  They unhitched the trailer , put up the tent , then took the bike out for a ride.  Smiley

Looked right handy !  Cool

You mean like this??

http://www.roadmancampers.com/

I kinda like this idea for a single mans travel answer, just strap a gas can, small generator and cooler on the top and BINGO! a home away from home!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #155 - 12/13/13 at 10:55:29

I have a pull behind I purchased to fix up (paid $500) to pull behind the Harley. I had polished it up with plastic polish, but storing it outside it has glazed over again and leaked inside (came without luggage rack on top, but had holes for one). So now I have to rework it or just sell it as it is, not sure if I want to sell it yet though.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #156 - 12/13/13 at 16:13:31

Mmmmm......

Little  bit big for  my  Savage ...  Cheesy

BigZuk had one about like that he tuged around behind his little Geo convertable.   Seemed like it served him  right nice !  

Wink

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #157 - 12/14/13 at 01:14:57

Yeah, its about as long as the savage and weighs about 200-ish, two guys can pick it up easily (loaded into my truck to get it home).

A savage could probably tow it if it wasn't loaded down too much, but stopping it in a hurry could cause a problem, because it doesn't have an electric brake.

I would go with a really small trailer and one of those sears car top carriers, would be a better pull behind for a savage.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #158 - 12/16/13 at 20:01:14

So how does the "hitch" hook-up ?
Huh

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #159 - 12/17/13 at 12:00:03

Believe its a small 1 3/4" ball or maybe 1 1/2" or some such, didn't look, was going to rewire it and then start with the other stuff. He said the wiring worked, I never tested it, but now that i'm getting around a little better I will probably get to it.
Its about number 4 inline on projects tho.... Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #160 - 12/17/13 at 22:47:04

Hay OldRider

You wouldn't really pull something like that behind your bike with-out trailer brakes would ya ?

Huh

No it wasn't a pop-up , but when the top poped-off there was a tent, cooler , BBQ grill , and who knows what else.  Grin

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #161 - 12/18/13 at 09:40:00

People can do some wacky pulling with their motorcycles....however it does mean that it is very safe.  If you try and pull a trailer that weighs as much as your motorycle.....it is going to compromise your safety by doubling your stopping distance and making the bike handle very poorly when you try to do some evasive riding.

I see big Harleys and Goldwings pulling a small trailer, and taking a 900 pound motorycle and putting a 200 pound trailer may not make much of a difference....as they aren't very nimble to start with.  You take a 360 pound Savage with "adequate" brakes....and put a 300 pound trailer behind it......and I would not want to ride it.

Gold2.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #162 - 12/18/13 at 12:04:30

Yup, that's why I suggested a smaller trailer with a sears cartop plastic luggage thingie...my trailer was built for the big ol' bikes the size of small cars to pull it.

I could actually take the trailer I have and cut it down about half the size and probably a third of the weight, I just might do that instead of buying a smaller one.

But that means buying a welder...hmmmm... OH HUNNEY!!!!  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #163 - 12/18/13 at 22:28:47

OldRider

I have had a bunch of them , 4 years ago I bought a lot of them on Ebay from a place called "Tadd's Warehouse" , gave all my brothers and one friend one each for Christmas and kept two for myself.   The 220 volt modles are worth the extra money.  Tongue

The two I kept were just a like, well now one of them has a burned out feed motor and I'm on my last one.   After getting the 220volt mig ... the old splater box (Lincon 220) I grew-up with only get to run when something really heavy needs put together.  Cheesy

Tadd's is only 60 miles up the road from me so I get out of paying shipping !  Smiley

I wonder if my motorcycle would fit inside my tent with me ???      I might need to get a bigger tent ....  Roll Eyes    Thinking of pop-up campers  and the like !...  Huh

Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #164 - 12/27/13 at 07:18:46

Without having to read through all the pages has a date been decided this year? Thanks.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:20:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.