Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #135 - 11/27/13 at 04:13:29

Sounds like you guys love your holy black arms a lot.  

Only one I ever had was a cap and ball revolver that I shot for a bit when I was fresh out of college, then I put it away because it was a mess to shoot what with the grease scraped over the balls spraying everywhere and all.

This situation is going to be purty easy then, I'll just bring ammo for the guns that I bring and you can shoot them for a bit as I am sure I will have loads that don't work out, etc that will need to be emptied.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #136 - 11/30/13 at 21:25:40

Wheeee... got my ebay purchase in....

I also added this little gem for $101.00 shipped to my doorstep, next gotta figure out how to keep foods cold...then i'll be ready for any camp site!
http://www.harborfreight.com/900-peak800-running-watts-2-hp-63cc-gas-generato...

« Last Edit: 12/01/13 at 12:18:40 by old_rider »  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #137 - 12/01/13 at 21:01:50

OldRider

That looks "Right-Handy" (Tent) , but I cant help but wonder ...  Huh

If your taking your truck why not get a "Power Inverter" instead of a generator "  
I have a 800 watt modle , a extra battery in the truck (hooded to the alt.) .   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #138 - 12/02/13 at 00:31:22

Don't want to have to run the truck all night long for lights or possible a small space heater (wife gets cold if its below 65 degrees).

Gonna use it to cook if we go to some national parks too, heheh, why not just bring along a small hotplate so's I don't have to worry bout' burnin' my eyes with smoke from the campfire?

Could use it to make my coffee in the morning and cook my bacon!!

Besides...one day I might have me a pull behind house fer my truck and the little gen will make a good addition to it!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #139 - 12/02/13 at 04:30:02

Wheeee... got my ebay purchase in....

Dude, very cool truck-tent.  
Are there more of them from this seller ?

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #140 - 12/02/13 at 07:54:25

Don't think so, he stated he used it once on a family outing. There are more like it on ebay, just type in "Truck tent". I just happened to catch a "no reserve" low price one. I ended up paying only $45 for the tent so he charged me $54 for shipping (which was way too high for the item sent from texas). So I really only saved about $100 dollars, but to me it looks to be worth it.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #141 - 12/02/13 at 11:29:24

When I was playing war games with the Germans a few years back , they had these little 2cycle generators  (we had monsterous things 100+ lbs) .   Well their  little gernators , they would leave them inside their tents and run the exaust extention tube outside into a bucket of water.   The end result was the heat from the engine warmed their tent and the exaust noise was turned into a bubble from the water bucket.   Made me wonder why we didn't use the same plan ?  Wink

Keep an eye on the Wattage.   I have a 3250 watt  that is 6 HP , but its about all I want to pick-up at one time !  Grin    ....   Then I've got a 6500/16HP that has wheels (to keep the fridge at the house running).

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #142 - 12/05/13 at 07:28:56

Yeah, down here I am "prepped" for hurricane... although I have a generac 8000/12000 to run the house, its portable but the two wheels are hard rubber and still go flat on the down side (I have to roll and reroll about once a month to keep them semiround). I still have to get a real auto shutoff system on the house, right now I have a long power cord to plug into the dryer outlet and shut off outside power to the pole, to run the house all I gotta do then is turn off stuff I don't really need. It can power everything but not all at once.
Anyway....just going to bring the tent and small gen for the outing even if I don't need it, we might decide to do some camping else where, while on the dragon run!  I'm trying to get my ducks in a row early on....never can prepare too soon!  Cheesy

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #143 - 12/05/13 at 21:16:40

Holy Hannah! I got porked by Harbor Freight... these are just like the one I ordered....guess I should have asked 10 people to go in on an order with me.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1368648273/The_best_price_mini_generator_11...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #144 - 12/06/13 at 03:37:50

old_rider wrote on 12/05/13 at 21:16:40:
Holy Hannah! I got porked by Harbor Freight... these are just like the one I ordered....guess I should have asked 10 people to go in on an order with me.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1368648273/The_best_price_mini_generator_11...

I believe FOB stands for "From Our Base"....so that price does not have the shipping included.  I would imagine that Harbor freight gets a good price as they order the by the thousand, then ships them in containers, then when they get to the states they put them on trucks to the stores.....and after doing all that they make some money.  But a lot of that markup has been eaten up by shipping costs.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #145 - 12/06/13 at 03:40:17

Ahhhh.... guess i'd have to email him to find that out and see if there would really be a savings.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #146 - 12/06/13 at 08:36:43

OK  oldrider

Here's the plan ...

you get those generatores and sell me one for $60.oo.    
I get one of those little electric cars like the  "leaf"
then with the gererator in the trunk running and "Properly vented"
I can go 14 hrs on a gallon of 2cycle.

Wink

Hay "Why Not"  Huh ,   Heck every one should be doing it !  Roll Eyes

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #147 - 12/06/13 at 08:51:32

I have often wondered why they don't make a generator/trailer option for electric vehicles.  When you are cruising around town and within the range of your batteries.....you leave the trailer at home.  When you want to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house.....you hook up the trailer and fire up the generator.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #148 - 12/11/13 at 07:44:17

Yea Dave

There must be room under the hood for one of those little generators like OldRider was picturing
The more I think about this the better it sounds.   So if the "LEAF" could charge on 800 watt or less , seems like the question.    

Anyone know what the "TRICKLE" rate of charge is on a electric car ?

When I was in trade-school doing "industral electrician" we had a generator come in that had been run beyound it limits.   Well , I couldn't find anything wrong with the winding .... ??? .... so I re-magintized the roter and it worked ! (a little to my supprize at the time)

Point being , when the generator says 800watts max  then 7500watts  is all I want to ask it to do.  Wink

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #149 - 12/11/13 at 08:15:18

Got it in today.... no bigger than the cat!

OK, maybe a little bigger Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:32:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.