Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial? (Read 1109 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?
Reply #165 - 07/14/13 at 15:54:25

Jog that's your opinion. Sounds like you know more about the case than I do and I respect your opinion. Like I said before I hate it happened and I'm praying for both families. Some vigilante fool will probably try to take Z out. I would hate to be in his shoes right now.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #166 - 07/14/13 at 16:09:51

Whats my opinion? That the media edited out a question just before he said "Hes Black"? The dispatcher asked if he could make any identity, he said , IIRC, "It looks like hes black", media reported the call, edited the question, made it sound like he just said the guy was black,, thats not opinion, thats indisputable, proven & admitted fact.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #167 - 07/15/13 at 05:10:14

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

George Zimmerman (R) talks to defense counsel Don West during his trial on Saturday. (EPA/JOE BURBANK / POOL)

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
The full tape went like this:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

I hope Zimmerman sues NBC out of  existence......

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #168 - 07/15/13 at 07:45:34

i dont just form opinions, i pay attention, then think.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #169 - 07/15/13 at 09:25:50

I think Z should get on with the rest of his life and not worry about NBC. It looks like the Martin family is going to bring a civil suit against him so its not over yet. Z trying to make money off of NBC would look bad and that's the last thing he needs right now. Killing a child is bad enough, whether the child is innocent or not, the last thing you wanna do is try to make money off of it.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #170 - 07/15/13 at 09:53:09

And it all goes to show if the criminal gets to go home and clean up and take it easy for 45 days before being arrested, all the evidence is washed away.

Have we learnt nothing from CSI ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #171 - 07/15/13 at 10:03:50

But the martins can file suit and pocket cash? That makes no sense.

Sri, no evidence was "washed" away.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #172 - 07/15/13 at 10:26:21

It was raining, Trayvons hands should have been bagged to check for Z's DNA but I think the police dept didn't want to arrest him or charge him with anything.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #173 - 07/15/13 at 10:30:50

WebsterMark wrote on 07/15/13 at 10:03:50:

It may not make sense in this case but look at OJ's case. That's the only punishment he got. The Matins lawyer has been with them the whole time, but he acts like he doesn't have sense enough to get out of the rain. I wish everyone would just let it go and get on with their lives. Trying to make money off of a dead son is simply wrong.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #174 - 07/15/13 at 11:02:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/15/13 at 07:45:34:

yeah, that thinking thing, that's your opinion working there. The intention behind the editing is unknown, the results of the editing are it works against Zimmerman. The intention may vary from simple time savings (in broadcasting every second really does count), to "this tells a better story" to, "this makes better drama for tv" to "my boss told me to" to a differing of priorities about word usage.

if you want to base your opinion off the result, then just remember that voter ID laws have the result of working against minorities, does that make those laws racist? based on the result you'd have to say yes, even thought their intent may not be racist, their result is. with the editing, the intentions may not be defamatory, but their result kinda is.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #175 - 07/15/13 at 12:37:25

WebsterMark wrote on 07/15/13 at 10:03:50:

Yup yup ... right ... he did not shower for 45 days ...

LostArtist wrote on 07/15/13 at 11:02:23:

yeah, that thinking thing, that's your opinion working there. The intention behind the editing is unknown, the results of the editing are it works against Zimmerman. The intention may vary from simple time savings (in broadcasting every second really does count), to "this tells a better story" to, "this makes better drama for tv" to "my boss told me to" to a differing of priorities about word usage.

if you want to base your opinion off the result, then just remember that voter ID laws have the result of working against minorities, does that make those laws racist? based on the result you'd have to say yes, even thought their intent may not be racist, their result is. with the editing, the intentions may not be defamatory, but their result kinda is.

Y'know about thinking ... 5% of people think, 10% of people think they think, and the other 85% would rather die than think.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #176 - 07/15/13 at 13:16:33

The shooting of Trayvon Martin, it turns out, was that most perfect of crimes. The jury was packed with sure-fire Zimmerman supporters. The "fix" was in.

George Zimmerman Juror B37 Hates the Media, and called Trayvon ‘A Boy of Color’, Oh, and she is already writing a book...Quote: "When he was finally charged, I predicted that any group of jurors from central Florida would let Zimmerman off."

The police corruption / ineptitude tied the prosecutors hands. this entire case stinks to high heaven. In Florida, it appears that it is legal for any person to shoot another so long as the claim that they felt threatened. That law is rotten to the core.

Florida gun shows aren't filled with Confederate flags because they're red, white, and blue. The heart of racism lives there.

Today, Trayvon was buried from the bullet he caught
They lowered him down in the rain
But when the shadowy sun sets on the one
That fired the gun
He'll see by his grave
On the stone that remains
Carved next to his name
His epitaph plain:
Only a pawn in their game.

~ Bob Dylan

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #177 - 07/15/13 at 14:38:09

Oh shut up crybaby.....
You cherry picked evidence, told lies about the facts of the case and act shocked when clearer thinking people other than yourself saw the reality of the situation and not the racism you see in everyone but yourself.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #178 - 07/15/13 at 14:53:48

...yawn, more name calling...it's getting old, but still amuses. Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #179 - 07/15/13 at 16:01:15

LostArtist wrote on 07/15/13 at 11:02:23:

The intention behind the editing is unknown

REALLY? You cant BE that naive! They offered that UP as The Entire call. They didnt say they cut out the question,, Geeze,, what little credibility youve had with me is GONE.,. thats unbelievable,, thats beyond begging to be lied to. I stopped reading RIGHT there,, because if youre willing to accept that, youre willing to accept turds for steak & call it good,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 03:02:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.