Send Topic Print
Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Gun Control Is Great!
06/17/13 at 20:29:36

Over the weekend 33 people were shot in Chicago, the city of gun control.
“Our son is dead! Oh Jesus!” the 57-year-old screamed, referring to her other son, Cortez, who was killed earlier that morning on Chicago’s West Side. “Oh my God! Oh my God! We were just talking.”

At least 33 people were shot — six of them fatally — Saturday afternoon through Father’s Day Sunday, stretching from 94th Street and Loomis Avenue on the South Side up to about North Avenue and North Pulaski Road on the Northwest Side, according to authorities. The youngest person who was killed during one of the bloodiest weekends in Chicago this year was 16. Aint gun control great!!!

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/06/slaughter-in-gun-control-chicago/#ixzz2WWnQ4K7Q

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #1 - 06/18/13 at 06:12:02

http://www.courant.com/community/bridgeport/hc-bridgeport-gun-0618-20130618,0...

Street sweepers have been banned since 1994 in CT.
I'm sure he just lost his DPS approved "assault weapons" certificate though.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/18/13 at 06:59:54

The only surprise here guys is that you expect gun control implemented in one street/city/county/state to work.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/18/13 at 07:15:54

It may actually make more sense to assign the murder to the location and time of the purchase of the gun. Then Idiots who decide to impose gun control will know what works and what doesn't.

Of course we dont know in some cases cos the murder is unsolved and by extension the gun is unknown. Those we leave as un classified till solved.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 06/18/13 at 07:41:52

Midnightrider wrote on 06/17/13 at 20:29:36:
Over the weekend 33 people were shot in Chicago, the city of gun control.
“Our son is dead! Oh Jesus!” the 57-year-old screamed, referring to her other son, Cortez, who was killed earlier that morning on Chicago’s West Side. “Oh my God! Oh my God! We were just talking.”

At least 33 people were shot — six of them fatally — Saturday afternoon through Father’s Day Sunday, stretching from 94th Street and Loomis Avenue on the South Side up to about North Avenue and North Pulaski Road on the Northwest Side, according to authorities. The youngest person who was killed during one of the bloodiest weekends in Chicago this year was 16. Aint gun control great!!!

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/06/slaughter-in-gun-control-chicago/#ixzz2WWnQ4K7Q

I saw that, amazing that people still support gun control. Soo much evidence against and very little for it. It's probably a product of politicians who want to look like they are doing something without really doing anything. They are just clueless on what to do so they regulate and ban and the death toll keeps rising.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 06/18/13 at 08:13:14

Quote:
It's probably a product of politicians who want to look like they are doing something without really doing anything. They are just clueless on what to do so they regulate and ban and the death toll keeps rising.

That's part of it, but the largest component is the refusal to confront the real issue, lest they be branded as racists. To solve the problem in places like Chicago you are going to have to figure out a way to deal with the perpetrators of almost all of this stuff; black urban youths. That's never going to happen in any city with a large black population where Democrats are in charge. They depend on the black vote to stay in power.

Being called a "racist" in todays political climate is a political death sentence in a lot of places. Once that label is slapped on someone - true or not - they are done as a politician in any liberal leaning city or state.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/18/13 at 08:27:32

oldNslow wrote on 06/18/13 at 08:13:14:
Quote:
It's probably a product of politicians who want to look like they are doing something without really doing anything. They are just clueless on what to do so they regulate and ban and the death toll keeps rising.

That's part of it, but the largest component is the refusal to confront the real issue, lest they be branded as racists. To solve the problem in places like Chicago you are going to have to figure out a way to deal with the perpetrators of almost all of this stuff; black urban youths. That's never going to happen in any city with a large black population where Democrats are in charge. They depend on the black vote to stay in power.

Being called a "racist" in todays political climate is a political death sentence in a lot of places. Once that label is slapped on someone - true or not - they are done as a politician in any liberal leaning city or state.

Dude that may be the case ... however if gun control was implemented on a national level, as well as bullet control (as in you need to present a valid gun licence to buy bullets - again implemented nationally) the black urban youths can beat each other with sticks all they want ...

Gun violence in cities like NYC and chicago is because of easy availability of guns in other states and the easy availability of bullets without having to present ID to buy them.

Gun laws dont work ... because they are implemented in one little 10 mile radius, and outside of it its WFO. It will work if you wall the city and check everyone/thing going in and out.

The step 1 is to assign the murder to location of gun purchase. We will then know how many black urban youths are killing each other in chicago with guns from Texas or SC.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #7 - 06/18/13 at 08:39:58

My two cents.

I was in Palermo last month for the European Labor Day long weekend (May 1st)

Palermo being considered by "those in the know" as THE Italian Mafia Capital of the world.

Roll Eyes Uh... maybe. Maybe in the old days...

Yet, in the city center, the streets were (reasonably) clean, fewer gypsies canvassing than in Rome or Milan...

Fewer Police with blaring sirens than in (peaceful) Rome.

Even traffic jams were... quieter... Roll Eyes

You could walk the streets in the evening, even after dark, without fearing to be mugged or robbed.
Our host & hostesses swear they dine out and go to cinema and theater
and nobody in their right mind would try and rob you at gunpoint in the city center.

Where does the difference lay ?
Is it the food ?
Is it the drink ?
Is it that "discipline" is more efficiently enforced? By whom... Lips Sealed still,  the streets in the city center are safe.

So whether it's Puertorican street gangs, or Mexican street gangs, or Nigerian street gangs...
...somebody should realize you can teach them good manners...
...it takes a firm fist, but they will learn... they will learn.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 06/18/13 at 09:08:34

Mpescatori - That method will take 1000 years ... The current generation of "parents" and the kids etc are not going to do it. We have to wait 50 years to start.
If gun control was imposed across the country + mexico and canada will stop gun violence in a few years. I am not talking about violence ... just gun violence.
It wont affect the good people getting guns at all.

It will only stop criminals from getting them ... criminals buy guns legally in SC or TX and truck em to where they sell them in NYC or DC or chicago to other criminals.

It will take a few years for the "reserves" to bleed out. We need to get numbers, rifling and register every gun to the owner. That way, there will never be an untraceable bullet ... OK there will be. It will just be fewer and fewer and fewer ...

Have you had a dirty floor that you had to clean 2-3-4 times ... that is the analogy. Gun control does not work because its imposed @ the city level. WTF ? I got gun in spokane WA. I then moved to CA. Bypassed. That should not happen.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/18/13 at 09:16:22

I don't think it will take 1,000 years to learn that lesson.
I believe it was MPescatori, actually, who posted something about a Chinese rape gang member that ended up being displayed in the town square?
Please, revisit that story if it was you, M.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 06/18/13 at 09:23:15

Paraquat wrote on 06/18/13 at 09:16:22:
I don't think it will take 1,000 years to learn that lesson.
I believe it was MPescatori, actually, who posted something about a Chinese rape gang member that ended up being displayed in the town square?
Please, revisit that story if it was you, M.

--Steve

I believe he was talking about parents raising kids properly in this instance - I thought he did. That was what my reply was based on.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 06/18/13 at 09:51:16

srinath wrote:
Quote:
the black urban youths can beat each other with sticks all they want ...

And they will; to death more than likely, even if you somehow manage to remove all the guns and/or bullets.

There's a hispanic gang running amok in a small city in Virginia where I have family, that uses machetes to chop their rivals up. Takes longer than a gunshot, but the guys they chop up are just as dead.

Its not the guns that are the problem. There are lots of guns where I live. I've got some myself. What we don't have where I live is a bunch of minority street gangs that earn their living selling drugs and robbing one another. There are a few- I suppose there are a few in any city of any size - and when there is a shooting around here it  almost always involves those guys. THEY are the problem. Wave a magic wand and make all the guns vanish tomorrow and they will just switch to sticks, or bats, or knives, or anything else they can use to cut ,stab or bash each others brains in.

Taking guns away from the folks who don't do that sh*t isn't going to fix anything.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/18/13 at 11:57:10

Its amazing,, gun control is shown to lead to more violence, where they reverse course & let people have their guns, crime drops,, & the answer is Universal Gun Control! Disarm ALL the law abiding people! Thats been shown to not work, Disarmed Law Abiding people just makes targets for criminals,Armed law abiding people is a deterrent to criminals,
Your theory that unless its done everywhere, to everyone, it wont work is silly,., It doesnt work in Chicago, CRIMINALS get guns. Thats the way it is,
Law abiding people wont go to a machine shop & have some kind of gun made,, but IF every gun could be taken from The People, just cross your arms & nod & Blibk & Poof! Every gun besides cops & military is GONE, it wouldnt take a week for some thugs to overwhelm a cop or 2 & take their guns & use them to get more. YOu have a rosy idea, but its not workable, nor is it even desirable,

The 2nd amendment addresses tyranny & it does so for good reason.
Scoff at the odds of the people resisting, but youre no seer. YOuve no idea who would win,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 06/18/13 at 12:18:05

JOG: Yes Gun control implemented 1/2 assedly leads to more violence ...
No one is disarming any non criminal. My idea is to register every gun and rifling marks to a law abiding non criminal, and make every sale complete with registration in the new owners name. No sales to a criminal. Period. Guns in criminal hands are not stolen - except the few that are, or got by beating up cops. They are bought legitimately in states with no gun laws (like TX, SC) and transported to DC, NYC or chicago where there are more laws.

Calling this gun control is a joke. That only plays into the hands of the NRA ... instead of thos "gun control" we could just hand guns to random people.
Like I said, a murder needs to be marked off to the location of purchase of the gun. Then we will know what is occouring. Of course the NRA wont let that happen, and they wont let guns be registered and they will spout garbage like "Criminals will never go through background checks"

Oldnslow: They can hack with toothpicks for all I care, they dont hack the 10 people standing round them do they ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 06/18/13 at 13:17:00

Quote:
Oldnslow: They can hack with toothpicks for all I care,

Agree. I don't care if they murder one another by the dozens, hundreds, or thousands even.

What I object to is using their lack of morality and common human decency as a justification for useless laws that diminish my freedom,just so some elected dipshit can thump his chest and say "I'm doin' for public safety, or for the children or ...whatever " when you and I both know he doesn't care how may gang-bangers kill each other either. He just wants to make sure he gets reelected. Even a few innocent bystanders getting shot now and then is just collateral damage as far far as the politico-whores are concerned.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:12:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.