Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the IRS (Read 313 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the IRS
06/25/13 at 12:17:04

Washington (CNN) -- The Internal Revenue Service targeted liberal groups as well as conservatives seeking tax-exempt status, a Democratic congressman charged on Monday after the agency acknowledged the inappropriate practice continued until last month.

Rep. Sander Levin said the term "progressives" was included on IRS screening lists of applicants for tax-exempt status made available to Congress on Monday.

It was the first confirmation that the "Be on the Lookout" or BOLO lists used criteria targeting liberal groups after an inspector general's report made public last month said the IRS had used words such as "tea party" to determine possible extra scrutiny.

Earlier, the first substantive review of the controversy by the IRS showed the agency used multiple lists of inappropriate criteria in assessing tax-exempt applications up until this month, more than a year later than previously revealed.

From the link -

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/politics/irs-targeting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Looking for the IRS refunds of 43 million to 23,000 people in 1 atlanta address - nothing turned up in that search ... but this did ...

So not only TEA was targeted, so was everyone who sounded political in a social welfare application.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the
Reply #1 - 06/25/13 at 12:42:17

Very suspicious, why didn't this come out a long time ago? I highly doubt this really happened, they probably needed all this time to create a fake trail. Definitely not buyin' it.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/25/13 at 12:46:05

Dane Allen wrote on 06/25/13 at 12:42:17:
Very suspicious, why didn't this come out a long time ago? I highly doubt this really happened, they probably needed all this time to create a fake trail. Definitely not buyin' it.

It didn't come out cos republicans found something and started screaming about it ... and that was all we heard ... the republican appointed head of the agency quit and the republican media was intent on crucifying Obama for it. That was all the news we heard.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #3 - 06/25/13 at 13:21:06

srinath wrote on 06/25/13 at 12:46:05:

It didn't come out cos republicans found something and started screaming about it ... and that was all we heard ... the republican appointed head of the agency quit and the republican media was intent on crucifying Obama for it. That was all the news we heard.

Cool.
Srinath.

REPUBLICAN MEDIA??? Oh, do tell about this Republican media that can shout down the combined market share of AP, Reuters, MSN, NBC, ABC, NPR, PBS, Google, NYT, LAT, Huffpo, CBS, and most of the national newspapers, magazines and digital media. I have been looking for such a powerful source of truth for a long time and can't believe I have missed it. I must know the name of this all powerful Republican controlled news outlet!!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 06/25/13 at 13:25:35

srinath wrote on 06/25/13 at 12:46:05:

It didn't come out cos republicans found something and started screaming about it ... and that was all we heard ...

Soo weak, not even a real answer, just a dodge to Republican Media.  Grin Seriously, though, why are we just hearning about this now. Obama runs everything with an iron fist and the fanboy/fangirl army would do anything for him, why wouldn't the legions of Obama lovers not immediately present this info when this whole thing started? They faked a reason for letting Ambassador Stevens die for Obama's re-election bit, this seems like a much easier lie to foist on us so why wait soo long if it is legit?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 06/25/13 at 13:37:53

Republican media - easy, Faux and all the ones you claim are liberal - CBS ? WTF ... that's hard core republican media. They air nothing but 3 hours of Rush, followed by 3 hours of Hannity followed by some talking heads who parrot those 2 as it were gospel.

There is a lot of republican media ... seriously you need to wake up ... They overwhelm the rest of the public media.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/25/13 at 13:52:46

Dane Allen wrote on 06/25/13 at 13:21:06:
REPUBLICAN MEDIA??? Oh, do tell about this Republican media that can shout down the combined market share of AP, Reuters, MSN, NBC, ABC, NPR, PBS, Google, NYT, LAT, Huffpo, CBS, and most of the national newspapers, magazines and digital media. I have been looking for such a powerful source of truth for a long time and can't believe I have missed it. I must know the name of this all powerful Republican controlled news outlet!!!

Let me see if I can explain this to the comprehension challenged.
AP and Reuters are reporting services. I used to work for a subsidiary of Reuters, and I still deal with data from reuters on the financial news side. As hardcore financial as they come. I would say they are republican, however I will just say they just report news, you'd find news from every corner of the world on API and Reuters. Floods in assam, to whale beachings in madagascar ...

MSN and NBC are not 2 - MSNBC and it is liberal.
ABC - ABC is owned by Disney so I would say they would be the most conservative of the list. Nice of you to "forget" faux, but I wont.

Nice - you list NPR and PBS as liberal, those 2 are actually very centric. Which you would hate, cos they're liberal to you. Everyone in the world recognizes these 2 as centrist.

Last I checked, Google was a search engine, and the owners of google are huge republican contributors.

Nice of you to leave out Wall street journal - as conservative as they come. Its a mouth piece for Rupert Murdock, and it was even before he bought it.
LAT ? Latina times ? Conservative, with the republicans handing over citizenship its going to be all about republicans on that.
HuffPO - Blog - who cares.

CBS - yes with 20 hours of Hannity, Rush and other talking heads, hardcore conservative.

You forgot the biggie - Faux News - enuff said.

You can easily see Republican media overwhelms the airwaves.
Of course I didn't say conservative media ... there aint nothing conservative in this whole thread.
There is plenty ... breitbart.com and several others, just blogs and talking heads ...

However you are yet to show me a credible bit of news about the IRS refunds to 1 address in atlanta.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 06/25/13 at 14:06:00

if someone was pointing at me & accusing me of wrongdoing for how i treaqted conservatives i believe i would have said i did this, too, & pointed it out & PROved it..,

ii call bs,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 06/26/13 at 07:57:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/25/13 at 14:06:00:
if someone was pointing at me & accusing me of wrongdoing for how i treaqted conservatives i believe i would have said i did this, too, & pointed it out & PROved it..,

ii call bs,

I think the people who were looking for it had no time to look for it cos they had to listen to and respond to the screeching form the republicans ...

I see that all the time ... some fool is asking for an update every 5 seconds ...
It takes me 3 hours to do a 5 minute job.
When my phone battery dies ... I finish the job in 3 min and send out an email saying its done.
Multiply that times 1000, cos they have to fly to whatever hell hole the screaming is occouring ...

Sorry a lot of things turn up late cos the screaming starts and it further delays. Have you ever tried to find a toy a child is looking for ... only to find in in seconds once the screaming stops.

Yea ... that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 06/26/13 at 09:28:35

whaaat? if i accusaed you of doing saomething you wouldnt have enough senswe to point out you did it to the other side too?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 06/26/13 at 09:39:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/13 at 09:28:35:
whaaat? if i accusaed you of doing saomething you wouldnt have enough senswe to point out you did it to the other side too?

I would for sure ... but If you asked me to find the few 100 pieces of paper in a pile of millions while you're constantly screaming and making me walk to the stand to answer your dumb questions, it may take me a month ...

And look, it took a month ... huh funny coincidence that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #11 - 06/26/13 at 09:56:29

srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 09:39:29:

I would for sure ... but If you asked me to find the few 100 pieces of paper in a pile of millions while you're constantly screaming and making me walk to the stand to answer your dumb questions, it may take me a month ...

Cool.
Srinath.

With all the thousands of employees they have on hand to do this, that isn't a very good excuse.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/26/13 at 10:17:05

Dane Allen wrote on 06/26/13 at 09:56:29:
srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 09:39:29:

Cool.
Srinath.

With all the thousands of employees they have on hand to do this, that isn't a very good excuse.

If they were making this up, wont they have done it sooner ?

I see stuff like this all the time ... I need access to something, and the one person that needs to approve that is on vacation ... or out sick, or is dead ...
Big lumbering bureaucrazies - crime and lies are far easier and quicker to commit than actually doing the right thing. That's why its called the right thing.

You can cry foul all you want ... it needs to be proved its fake.
The republicans are looking at it now ... the screaming should start soon ... wait and see ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 06/26/13 at 10:40:36

Ok, time to cut to the chase. There was no targetting of liberal or progressive groups. Didn't happen - period!!

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/06/05/193100/liberal-groups-say-they-dont-see...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/irs-tea-party-progress...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/4-political-takeaways-from-the-irs-in...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/paul-ryan-nails-irs-commissioner-who-...

Liberals say they weren't targeted, IRS says on conservative groups targed, Inspector General report says liberals weren't targeted, IRS appologizes for targeting only conservative groups and giving liberals a free pass. Any other claim is pure fantasy.

"A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny.  That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not."

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 06/26/13 at 10:45:50

No Dane looks like its time to post outdated and out of context links to republican groups and news papers it looks like.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:13:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the IRS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.