Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #150 - 07/13/13 at 11:24:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/13 at 09:38:29:
sometimes bystanders will protect an innocent from an attacker.

OK, so who should be armed in this scenario and what should they do ?
Yea yea these cops are stupid - but how does someone else being armed in this situation keep the victims alive ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #151 - 07/13/13 at 16:05:34

The cops are becoming tyrannical. There's 3 times as many swat teams as there were in the 80's. The government is giving surplus guns and armored vehicles to local police forces plus a grant if they accept them. There's no consequences for illegal searches. Police killed 33 people in Miami last year, 2 of them were unarmed. I got a brand new AR15 from a cop retiring. They get to keep their guns when they retire. There's no more trying to difuse a situation, they just open fire at whoever they think might be guilty. They bust your door down, come in your house and you're gonna get hurt, if you're innocent they'll plant something to keep from having to deal with the consequenses. Years ago cops were taught how to calm people down and turn a dangerous situation into a nonviolent one. Now there training consist of military tactics, shoot and call the meatwagon. I'm married to a cop so I know their side too. She took early retirement because of the new police mentality and she's working for Wake Forest Police Dept. now. She can pretty much run her own show there.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #152 - 07/13/13 at 16:16:57

Yea, I have been seeing that ... cops have made that transition from being lazy donut shop bar flies to being over active punk kids really seamlessly.

However how does being armed help against that ...

Yea you can slow down a govt takeover ... or make it bloodier ... but govt aint gonna come to you door to "take over" ... they'd do stuff you cant even imagine ... you'd be bombed by a satellite and not even have time to say "honey get the gun".

Being armed to resist a govt take over against a govt with our govt's capability is like comparing fart to thunder ...

And you cant arm yourself against a democratically elected govt and president and call yourself a patriot.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #153 - 07/13/13 at 16:37:14

srinath wrote on 07/13/13 at 11:24:06:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/13 at 09:38:29:
sometimes bystanders will protect an innocent from an attacker.

OK, so who should be armed in this scenario and what should they do ?
Yea yea these cops are stupid - but how does someone else being armed in this situation keep the victims alive ?

Cool.
Srinath.

Hard to say in this instance, BUT, just as seat belts dont save evryone in a crash, guns widely available wont stop every travesty of justice. There is no 1oo% solution. Life isnt fair, bad things happen, people should be able to at least have the option to hopefully be able to defend themselves should they ever be in the victims seat.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #154 - 07/13/13 at 16:43:31

Sri there's nothing in my post about being armed except for my gun purchase. I put that gun up because one day it will be a collectors item. The post is about the new cop mentality and I know I cant take on a police force.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #155 - 07/13/13 at 16:49:07

"And you cant arm yourself against a democratically elected govt and president and call yourself a patriot." I'm not the one trying to do away with the Bill Of Rights that he put his hand on the Bible and promised to defend. He's the traitor and should be impeached.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #156 - 07/13/13 at 17:22:36

Midnightrider wrote on 07/13/13 at 16:49:07:
"And you cant arm yourself against a democratically elected govt and president and call yourself a patriot." I'm not the one trying to do away with the Bill Of Rights that he put his hand on the Bible and promised to defend. He's the traitor and should be impeached.

Who Says anyone was "elected"? Sure,, people walked in & poked their buttons, but to pretend the elections are not rigged is to pretend that things that get dropped fall UP.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #157 - 07/15/13 at 06:37:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/13 at 17:22:36:
Midnightrider wrote on 07/13/13 at 16:49:07:

Who Says anyone was "elected"? Sure,, people walked in & poked their buttons, but to pretend the elections are not rigged is to pretend that things that get dropped fall UP.

That doesn't mean you arm yourself to "change" it.
This can be changed via putting up and electing people without a hidden agenda ... The way I see it, if past 2016 Obama is still presdient, (2017 jan right) I'd say its a reason to have an armed revolution. Else its time to have a peaceful revolution.
I'm sorry people are easy to corrupt ... maybe limit everyone @ every level in politics ... Maybe its time to start randomly choosing people without an election ... Like a lottery ... Then we can completely outlaw lobbying. The only rule we have to impose then, the people that have to do the work of congressmen/senator etc etc have to be re instated in their jobs after completion of term - like jury duty.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #158 - 07/15/13 at 07:38:19

I believe in doing away with career politicians. They might go to Washington with good intentions but there comes a point in time when all they want to do is vote against their electors wishes and pad their pockets and dumda$$ Americans will vote for them again. Look at Anthony Weiner running and that lying SC governor. I would post my genitals on the internet to get a $500,000 job in Washington but all I would get is a good laugh.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #159 - 07/15/13 at 13:33:57

I have a wicked idea ... I got this after hearing about "captcha" ...

Has anyone heard about those ...

Apparently when we see a "captcha" in a site where we need to authenticate that we are not a robot, the text you see could have been taken from an old book that has withering paper, fading ink etc etc.
We can scan em into the computer just fine, but computers can not read text that has begun to fade and paper that has begun to disintegrate ...

So the pieces are pulled in from those book scans, and we when we enter the "captcha" string, we have done the reading for the computer whch then uses it to translate the book into electronic media.

That should be possible for government ... its not just a "super computer ruling over us" It will be a super computer that uses our inputs to rule over us.

OK screw that, having said that, I think we can easily screw ourselves ... a huge coproration can similate billions of hits and make it so we get enslaved by it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #160 - 07/17/13 at 09:11:13

Midnightrider wrote on 07/15/13 at 07:38:19:
I would post my genitals on the internet to get a $500,000 job in Washington but all I would get is a good laugh.

Get a better wiener?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #161 - 07/17/13 at 09:12:45

Paraquat wrote on 07/17/13 at 09:11:13:
Midnightrider wrote on 07/15/13 at 07:38:19:
I would post my genitals on the internet to get a $500,000 job in Washington but all I would get is a good laugh.

Get a better wiener?

--Steve

Yes you can. That would be Mark Sanford.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:49:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.