Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #120 - 07/09/13 at 11:47:28

oldNslow wrote on 07/09/13 at 11:12:58:
srinath wrote on 07/09/13 at 09:20:14:
oldNslow wrote on 07/09/13 at 08:39:39:

Read the whole thing a couple of times. That's not common sense, it's actually NONSENSE.

Yea, one more of those, we dont like that we have to do something ... so we're gonna call in nonsense.
The second amendment, helping criminals get guns for 200 years cos we dont want to change nothing mantras.

Cool.
Srinath.

Doing something, even if it doesn't make any sense, and won't actually help solve a problem, is the classic gun grabbers argument. How may time have you heard one of those guys say. "I know my new ban on blah,blah, blah ..., isn't really going to help much, and it's probably going to infringe on the rights of the law abiding, but we gotta do SOMETHING!!"

I'm not opposed to proposals that make sense. Yours don't. They are, like I said before, nonsense.

And I didn't say we should do "something" even if it doesn't work.

I refered to your attitude as - "Yea, one more of those, we dont like that we have to do something ... so we're gonna call in nonsense"

What I was saying there - in a dialogue type narrative:-

Srinath: Everyone should register their guns and give rifling data to be store in a database and every sale too so when a gun crime is committed we know who did it from the bullets or shells etc etc.

OldNslow: I have to go and do some work to register my guns. I dont like that, so I am calling your idea "nonsense".

Not ... we must do "something" even though its not going to work to appear like we care.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #121 - 07/09/13 at 13:38:15

Srinath wrote:

Quote:
I obviously dont understand the full impact of the second amendment ... obviously, cos I am not, and never intend to be a criminal ... that's who it is written for. I will be able to buy a gun with all the restrictions they can impose 100% legally, so I am not the one who's protected by the second amendment. Go to a jail and take a poll about the second amendment ... you'd get 100% support. Try the general population - you'd make 60-70% ... its for criminals mainly.

Well, at least you got that right. You don't understand the second amendment and why it was written. It's got nothing to do with criminals. It's purpose was to insure the the GOVERNMENT could never disarm the citizens of this country and render them helpless in the face of goverment tyranny. The fact that it has been subverted by folks that believe that the answer to everything is simply handing over our rights and responsibilities to a regulatory agency of some kind,or passing another stupid law ( your $110 per bullet tax for example) doesn't change that fact.

As far as registering rifling goes, the FBI already maintains a database of bullets recovered at crime scenes. And NY just scrapped a system that required every handgun sold here be fired and the spent case be sent to the State police along with the serial #. And since in NY ALL handguns are registered, that spent case was tied to the guns owner. After five years and untold millions of dollars spent implementing the system, the government here - one of the most restrictive states as far as gun laws go - admitted that the idea was worthless and a complete waste of money. Never solved a single crime. Maryland has a similar system still in place that is even older. Same dismal results.

Want to know what might actually help?

Fix the natiolal database so people who should be prohibited don't fall through the cracks. Provide the states the resources they need to actually provide the needed info to the database instead of leaving it as an unfunded mandate that they are supposed to comply with out of their own limited funds.

Actually prosecute straw purchsers and folks caught with illegal guns under the federal statutes which are much tougher than state laws. Hardly ever happens. Thousands of gun sales are denied every year because when the dealer calls the database the person attempting to buy the gun is identified as a felon. The sale is denied. But simply attempting to buy a gun if one is a convicted felon is a federal crime. Almost none of those cases are prosecuted - around a dozen a year or so.

Criminals do the things they do because they either don't think they will be caught, or because the consequenses of being caught don't make the crime not worthwhile. More laws on top of the ones that are already not being enforced won't accomplish anything.

The liberal political tune never changes. If the crap they're doing now isn't working they just want to do more of the same. Applies to almost everything, not just guns. It's insanity.

IP Logged
dan49829
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #122 - 07/09/13 at 16:45:27

Amen Brother!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #123 - 07/09/13 at 16:46:33

The liberal political tune never changes. If the crap they're doing now isn't working they just want to do more of the same. Applies to almost everything, not just guns. It's insanity.

mots,, thats what we need.
look back. look at changes,
see results
continue? no,, time to turn around, has been for a long time,why the masses dont all see is simply amazing to me

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #124 - 07/09/13 at 17:50:21

Yea the librull tune never changes ... toss criminals in jail and dont give them guns.
The republican mantra is arm criminals, and I guess reward them and give rights to anchor babies ... that's the Republican mantra cos its the constitution ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #125 - 07/09/13 at 19:34:06

give rights to anchor babies ...

your honest american left had control of the whole thing for 2 years,,

didnt do nuts,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #126 - 07/10/13 at 08:06:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/09/13 at 19:34:06:
give rights to anchor babies ...

your honest american left had control of the whole thing for 2 years,,

didnt do nuts,,

Not enough time and I can still hear the squealing for healthcare from the right, which was a huge bit of legislation, and far more important IMHO.
Cant change the constitution when you cant change healthcare ... which is not in the C.
Had 2 years, may be we need 10, 20 ... 4 ... no clue.
The Right will have to go back to "nothing for illegals PERIOD" then the left will back off too. There is no reason except bad data that says the illegals will eventually turn into republican voters.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #127 - 07/10/13 at 08:22:53

Back to gun control -

More than a quarter of the firearms seized on the streets here by the Chicago Police Department over the past five years were bought just outside city limits in Cook County suburbs, according to an analysis by the University of Chicago Crime Lab. Others came from stores around Illinois and from other states, like Indiana, less than an hour’s drive away. Since 2008, more than 1,300 of the confiscated guns, the analysis showed, were bought from just one store, Chuck’s Gun Shop in Riverdale, Ill., within a few miles of Chicago’s city limits.

From - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-chicago-gun-laws-cant-stem-fatal-...

Apparently there are roads where people buy guns on the other end of the road and drive them into the gun controlled area.

Huh ... who'd have thunk that.

Now if you buy a gun, the gun should be tied to your name.
That way, when a gun is recovered @ a crime scene, you get you a$$ tossed in jail ... we will eliminate 1 trafficker @ a time ... then everyone will be more careful about selling them and get them off their name when they do.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #128 - 07/10/13 at 09:28:54

Chicongo (Love that name) is already over 1000 firearm related murders. The year is only half over though.
http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/us/chicago-homicides-fall-by-34-percent-so-...
...but that's down 34% from last year!

Let's look at nearly a decade's worth of statistics, shall we?
Yea. Let's ban rifles.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #129 - 07/10/13 at 11:18:34

Paraquat wrote on 07/10/13 at 09:28:54:
Chicongo (Love that name) is already over 1000 firearm related murders. The year is only half over though.
http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/us/chicago-homicides-fall-by-34-percent-so-...
...but that's down 34% from last year!

http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/01/Chart-Chicago2.jpg
Let's look at nearly a decade's worth of statistics, shall we?
Yea. Let's ban rifles.

--Steve

NYC is down cos its a lot longer to drive to SC from NYC than to Indiana from chicago ...

No we need to ban nothing - those Idiots banning this and that are slappinga shiny new paint job on a bike with a seized motor.
Nationwide we put in full on criminal checks for everyone wanting to buy a gun. Then when we sell them the gun, we keep that serial number tied to the person's ID. We also keep rifling info. We also get all that from every law abiding citizen out there.
That way, if a crimnial gets a gun, we can arrest the fool that gave him the gun for trafficking. If it was stolen from your house - call the cops, report these guns as stolen, and you're free of that gun. Repeat that 2-3-4 times, and you get tossed in the slammer for being a trafficker.
You should also present a valid ID and ownership of the gun you're buying ammo for.

The founders had no concept of a database. This check in their mind was going to take 25 years per purchase. Not now, its 10 seconds ...
They also didn't know you can drive 400 miles to buy something ... there were no cars and no gas stations and when you got to 400 miles away, you had no idea what was there.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #130 - 07/10/13 at 11:33:17

I still don't understand whats different about SC than the other states. They require a background check just like the other states.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #131 - 07/10/13 at 13:57:47

Midnightrider wrote on 07/10/13 at 11:33:17:
I still don't understand whats different about SC than the other states. They require a background check just like the other states.

NYC requires a bunch more, as does chicago, and some types of guns you cant even buy in those 2 ...Chicago - you cant buy a gun wihtout a concealed carry course and a permit and other BS.
I am tired of googling and pasting ... its easy to find.
Dont compare NC to SC, no one trafficks from SC to NC.
Compare NYC to SC. That's what the criminals are doing with the full guarantee of the second amendment.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #132 - 07/10/13 at 16:02:57

Most gun owners are hunters or target shooters. I consider myself a target shooter but I wouldn hesitate to use one if me or my family were being attacked. You're smart enough to know gun control wont work, I know enough about you to know you're no dummy. A madman that kills his mother to get a gun doesn't give a dam about a piece of paper.He wants to commit suicide or suicide by cops and be remembered forever. Black guns are illegal in Conn. yet a madman kills his mother and mows down 26 people. No law can stop sh!t like that from happening. If it happens to us our best defense is to have a gun and fire back. I didn't lock my house 20 years ago, never though I'd see the day I have to carry to protect myself but its here. You cant stop criminals, about all you can do is fire back. Our morality is all but gone. We drug our kids up with ridlin and let them play violent video games. They grow up and cant even check the oil in their cars. After being drugged up for so long a lot of them cant tell reality from the video games. The drug companies and the shrinks keep you bringing your kids back when all they need is discipline. What it boils down to is the parents do not want to do their job. I forgot the % of single parent homes but often the mother doesn't have the time to spend with her children like she should. A large % of unwed fathers just don't care. A child raised like that, odds are he will become a criminal. You cant change morality with a law, all you can do is protect your family and yourself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #133 - 07/10/13 at 16:59:56

We drug our kids up with ridlin and let them play violent video games. They grow up and cant even check the oil in their cars. After being drugged up for so long a lot of them cant tell reality from the video games.

all parta da plan

IP Logged
dan49829
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #134 - 07/10/13 at 17:36:05

Gangbangers who can't make it in the city are moving into rural areas up here.  Most seem to shack up with obese white women on welfare with kids from previous losers.  Apparently they aren't as likely to get shot dealing drugs as they would in the hood.  

If this market gets lucrative enough, more will come, and they'll start fighting over this turf as well.  They don't care about laws or whether all the guns get taken away - they'll use whatever is available to terrorize their neighborhoods.

I don't see any indication that this trend is changing, and don't have much faith in any solutions our politicians might come up with - they're too busy catering to corporate interests.

The "War on Terror" doesn't include these terrorists, and as long as those pulling the strings are insulated from the neighborhoods being terrorized, nothing will happen.

tohttp://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Templates/Forum/default/lipsrsealed.gif

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:49:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.