So....... (Read 182 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
So.......
06/11/13 at 07:12:26

It seems the forces of joining fears will give opportunity to a government to further reign in the populace.
I believe we are all unique and distinct individuals, with free wills that need the freedom to be expressed, in order to live a healthy spiritual life (not in the religious sense). When we surrender (by force or manipulation) man will wither and die.
Those freedoms to express (expressions) come in all sorts of different forms, from arts to science.....and whatever the imaginative dreams we hold.
A bigger government stands in direct opposition to such freedoms, as it decides wantonly by "secret courts, commissions, and panels" as to what is best using their self imposed power, that my friends is not democracy.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: So.......
Reply #1 - 06/11/13 at 07:46:43

& for all those who have told me Im crazy for believing the goobs were doing the things Ive said they were doing,, if youre not yet awake, Id say its time to open those eyes. This Snowden guy is TRYING, he is absolutely giving up Everything, in order to give people the insight into what THEY are doing. Theyre using OUR $$$ to develop a surveillance grid that allows them to know exactly WHO among us oppose them,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 06/11/13 at 08:24:44

Sometime in the next couple of weeks Mr. Snowden - who is a hero in my opinion - will be discovered to have ACCIDENTALY fallen to his death from a twenty story hotel balcony. The investigating athorites will discover drugs and perhaps a dead hooker in his room.

The character asasination in the media has already started - this morning I saw a photo on ABC of his alledged stripper girlfriend.

Every single politician, regardless of party, who has made a statment about this,says Snowden should by treated as a traitor, so you know where our so called represenatives stand.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/11/13 at 09:27:08

I don't have much information on this person Snowden, for me to assign motivation to his action would be purely an assumption on my part with heavy prejudice deciding what is "fact" (truth).
What concerns me is when you have opposing political foes as those who host, and guest, on FOX news, etc, agreeing on this activity..... I can't help but wonder where this will lead. We can never, ever, ascertain our safety in such a manner without forfeiting some of our freedoms.
I believe the terrorist, who have struck their targets against our way of life, saw this was indeed our Achilles heel, and it appears the body count (damage) it afflicted, continues to mount, and grow, with each passing day, as we move further and further away from freedom, to a captive lifestyle, based solely upon fear.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/11/13 at 09:54:50

& this is why tyrants have used false flag attacks, to create fear, so they can impose controls to "Keep the people safe:"

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/11/13 at 10:09:34

Where I live I have access to Canadian airwaves. They are reporting their own such programs.
This surely prompts the question: "Who won the war?"

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/11/13 at 10:41:44

Regular hero alright ... sign a secrecy oath which you need for security clearance, and promptly feign outrage and publicize the BS you swore to protect ... right up there with cheating on your wife cos that other chick was hottttt.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 06/11/13 at 10:45:34

Then of course he ran to HongKong and wants to get asylum in iceland. I think that's the holy trinity of guilt. Fool.
He's gonna get a Jail cell, with the Bradley Manning as a roomie (who BTW did exactly the same but Under the Bushies administration).

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/11/13 at 11:06:31

raydawg wrote on 06/11/13 at 09:27:08:
I don't have much information on this person Snowden,

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/06/why-edward-snowden-...

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 06/11/13 at 11:12:13

Is it possible for you to set aside your prejudice of this person and address the underlying issue?
Is this surveillance something you agree with, or do you just attack the messenger because it bodes ill with the current president?

Has this been something that was in operation in the past, most likely. Has its practice been justified, most definitely.  

As with a seed planted....it can take months till it sprouts, maybe even years, given to some climates that don't readily support growth.
Was this seed planted after 911, or before, does it really matter?

Nevertheless, it has sprouted, or the Genie has fully left her bottle, now what?
More name calling, or blaming who made the matches, or who struck it......as Rome burns?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 06/11/13 at 11:20:36

Paraquat wrote on 06/11/13 at 11:06:31:
raydawg wrote on 06/11/13 at 09:27:08:
I don't have much information on this person Snowden,

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/06/why-edward-snowden-...

--Steve

Thank you for the link.....but my reference was more on a personal level, as in I have never engaged this person in a private conversation, and to rely upon hearsay ( which our courts frown upon ) to assign motivation, etc, is ripe for prejudice.

I know I would appreciate a "fair trial",  before judgement was passed onto me  Wink

Sorry for any confusion....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 06/11/13 at 11:29:03

srinath wrote on 06/11/13 at 10:41:44:
Regular hero alright ... sign a secrecy oath which you need for security clearance, and promptly feign outrage and publicize the BS you swore to protect ... right up there with cheating on your wife cos that other chick was hottttt.

Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, a hero. When he figured out what was really going on he went public regardless of the consequences to himself. Manning is a different case. The stuff he leaked actually put the lives of specific individuals in danger. Snowden, at least up to this point, simply blew the lid off a government program that never should have been allowed to happen in the first place.

The justification for this massive invasion of privacy is that it is somehow needed to protect us from terrorists. That's a load of crap. It's real purpose is to provide the means for whomever happens to be in power to target their political enemies.
This kind of ties in with the other thread on here about how much you can trust the government. As far as I'm concerned, you can't trust them enough to allow programs like this to exist and expect that they won't be abused.

Snowden violated his oath huh. What about the oath that everyone of those clowns in washington took to uphold the constitution. And then voted for this Sh*t.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/11/13 at 11:40:25

oldNslow wrote on 06/11/13 at 11:29:03:

Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, a hero. When he figured out what was really going on he went public regardless of the consequences to himself. Manning is a different case. The stuff he leaked actually put the lives of specific individuals in danger. Snowden, at least up to this point, simply blew the lid off a government program that never should have been allowed to happen in the first place.

The justification for this massive invasion of privacy is that it is somehow needed to protect us from terrorists. That's a load of crap. It's real purpose is to provide the means for whomever happens to be in power to target their political enemies.
This kind of ties in with the other thread on here about how much you can trust the government. As far as I'm concerned, you can't trust them enough to allow programs like this to exist and expect that they won't be abused.

Snowden violated his oath huh. What about the oath that everyone of those clowns in washington took to uphold the constitution. And then voted for this Sh*t.

That's the whole point OldNslow. You cant break the rules no matter what your particular bias is. The politicians are making a case for bending and shaving and what not to the constitution without actually breaking it. And there are laws that contradict the constitution plenty including in the patriot act.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 06/11/13 at 11:53:20

So snowy has done irrepairable harm?
But the pres can tell the whole world we got bin laden and all his computers, and every scrap of paper and we're gonna track down every one of them.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/11/13 at 11:59:31

Cool.
Srinath.

He is exposing the criminals who SWore an Oath to Uphold the Constitution. He is reporting a crime, He isnt releasing anything that makes America less safe. He is doing exactly what America needs. That you are unable to see that is, again, NO Surprise.. Ive been waiting to see your take on it,, Thank you for being 100% predictable &, once again, WRONG.,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:54:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › So.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.