ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Racial profiling or ?
06/04/13 at 13:52:46

http://news.yahoo.com/pot-arrests-more-likely-blacks-180649118.html

Are you telling me that hispannics don't smoke?  
Or are you racial profiling the racial profile?

Is it 50/40/10 wht/his/blk ?

WWW   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Racial profiling or ?
Reply #1 - 06/04/13 at 13:55:37

No one should be arrested for using pot period, unless they're selling it to underage school children.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 06/04/13 at 19:41:46

+ 100

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/05/13 at 06:15:48

The prison business requires that people be incarcerated for long periods of time. That way they can get them labelled as dangerous criminals and make the rest of us stiffs pay taxes for that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/05/13 at 18:14:53

The State has no POWER over the law abiding man. In order to Increase its power, the state Must Make MOre people criminals..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 06/06/13 at 06:02:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/05/13 at 18:14:53:
The State has no POWER over the law abiding man. In order to Increase its power, the state Must Make MOre people criminals..

quoted for truth....

genrerally this by increasing registration, licensing, and other silly laws. I am going to court today to help my friend stay out of JAIL...

his crime?? bushes are too "bushy" ... no I aint kidding

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 06/06/13 at 07:20:10

Pine wrote on 06/06/13 at 06:02:47:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/05/13 at 18:14:53:

quoted for truth....

genrerally this by increasing registration, licensing, and other silly laws. I am going to court today to help my friend stay out of JAIL...

his crime?? bushes are too "bushy" ... no I aint kidding

Agreed! Much of the laws in the US(and around the world) were written by lawyers to ensure they have enough work to go around. Add that to the Homeowners Assn. rules and other BS regulations like Pine mentions and it becomes clear that all the laws are really "tax collection" methods!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 06/06/13 at 10:06:58

You really have to separate the intent of the law from what it ends up being subverted into.

DUI laws are there to stop true drunk driving. The way the law is supposed to work is - hard core drunks who typically drink @ their house and usually drive to buy more alcohol cos they run out ... they should get stopped, and statistically since they are the most likely to be driving drunk, they should get eliminated from society etc etc.

That intent has been subverted thus:

The limit for DUI is very very low, cops have a quota ... and hence its easier to patrol roads going to the local upscale restaurant that also serves alcohol. So instead of finding the dangerous drunks the hard way, the cops have found the far less dangerous light+social+ocassional+wealthier restaurant patron and fined the living daylights out of him.

We oughta impose a quota for each category of drunk. Or have a negative scale, you find a 1 drink drunk - you're going to have to find a more severe case or you're impeding the commerce in a local restaurant.

We need to separate corruption, subversion etc etc from intent. If the laws's intent was the right thing @ that time, we should go about eliminating the corruption/dilution. If it was a crappie law, it needs to be deleted and we move on.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 06/06/13 at 11:56:49

srinath wrote on 06/06/13 at 10:06:58:
You really have to separate the intent of the law from what it ends up being subverted into.

DUI laws are there to stop true drunk driving. The way the law is supposed to work is - hard core drunks who typically drink @ their house and usually drive to buy more alcohol cos they run out ... they should get stopped, and statistically since they are the most likely to be driving drunk, they should get eliminated from society etc etc.

That intent has been subverted thus:

The limit for DUI is very very low, cops have a quota ... and hence its easier to patrol roads going to the local upscale restaurant that also serves alcohol. So instead of finding the dangerous drunks the hard way, the cops have found the far less dangerous light+social+ocassional+wealthier restaurant patron and fined the living daylights out of him.

We oughta impose a quota for each category of drunk. Or have a negative scale, you find a 1 drink drunk - you're going to have to find a more severe case or you're impeding the commerce in a local restaurant.

We need to separate corruption, subversion etc etc from intent. If the laws's intent was the right thing @ that time, we should go about eliminating the corruption/dilution. If it was a crappie law, it needs to be deleted and we move on.

Cool.
Srinath.

Srinath the problem is the "intent" of the law is to screw the working people out of their hard-earned cash...plain and simple! Always has been that way. Otherwise the public would be allowed to carry firearms and blow away the bastards causing the problems. No laws required.

And yes,I'm serious. Way too many on the "prison welfare" system!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 06/06/13 at 18:34:16

"The problem is the "intent" of the law is to screw the working people out of their hard-earned cash...plain and simple!"

Correct.

They're "privatizing" the entire prison system. It's becoming an incarceration for profit system. They give cops quotas. In Michigan they're trying to lower the DUI law from .8 to .5.

You can go to a fine restaurant, have a small glass of wine with dinner, and find yourself under arrest on the way home.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 06/06/13 at 18:59:32

Starlifter wrote on 06/06/13 at 18:34:16:
"The problem is the "intent" of the law is to screw the working people out of their hard-earned cash...plain and simple!"

Correct.

They're "privatizing" the entire prison system. It's becoming an incarceration for profit system. They give cops quotas. In Michigan they're trying to lower the DUI law from .8 to .5.

You can go to a fine restaurant, have a small glass of wine with dinner, and find yourself under arrest on the way home.

NC as well .4 I think ... in the meantime you can have 12 drinks @ home, get on the road to buy beer, get some, drink it and drive back and never get caught.

People who drink @ restaurant/bar are social and light drinkers - afterall who can afford $5 a beer. Catching them is like putting a boat anchor round the neck of the restaurant owner. 99% of the DUI's are this category, if not more.

Drunks drink @ home. They rarely ever get caught.

MADD seems to be missing the subversion of their misson and are asleep @ the wheel.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 06/06/13 at 19:15:33

Quote:
If it was a crappie law, it needs to be deleted and we move on.

Aint no DELETE key for crappie laws. We actually elect people, pay them outrageous salaries, treat them like royalty, listen to them spout their BS till it makes our heads hurt so they can - wait for it - make up more laws to screw with us. Frickin' insanity IMO. Sometimes I think we really are that stoopid :'(

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/06/13 at 22:12:48

jury nullification

again

The State has no power against a law abiding man. Therefor, in order to have the power to come down on & crush a man, laws must be enacted to make him a criminal.. Petty laws,, Click it or ticket! I wanna beat a face in every time I hear that,,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #13 - 06/06/13 at 22:56:31

"The State has no power against a law abiding man."

Don't bet the farm on that premise.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/07/13 at 01:53:19

WEll, no legal power,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:59:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Racial profiling or ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.