Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000 (Read 285 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000
Reply #60 - 06/04/13 at 09:43:24

Paraquat wrote on 06/04/13 at 09:21:12:
These highly trained cops?
Although, I will admit, the statue is very realistic.

--Steve

You take any other 100 or how many ever people and make them respond to what happened here, and I'll guarantee you 99% of the time, the result will be the same, or worse.
I dont think we can truly improve on a human police system. Yea yea we can get corruption etc etc out, but this was not a case where corruption was showcased.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000
Reply #61 - 06/04/13 at 09:50:25

Midnightrider wrote on 06/04/13 at 09:18:35:
srinath wrote on 06/04/13 at 06:56:41:
Midnightrider wrote on 06/03/13 at 20:39:32:
"the local redneck carrying enough weapons to bring down a small country is supposed to not shoot the wrong person ?
Its not the local redneck committing the mass murders, its the mentally ill. You could call me a local redneck, I drive a pickup, have a house full of guns but I never plan on shooting anyone unless they threaten me first. Most of the killing here in the south is minority drug related, not rednecks.

I didn't specifically mean any one in particular. With all the training and the other criteria used to select cops if they make these mistakes (like shooting a neighbor when the alarm in a house goes off) then what is our option.
Cool.
Srinath.

Making sure he never wears a badge again. That wont bring the old man back to life but its all we can do. These new generation of cops are too aggressive, trigger finger happy and ask questions later. I think the government wants them that way.

True, but you think it can be improved upon ? and how ? I believe that dropping in any other group of people will also result in the same outcome or worse 99% of the time, and that 1% is more luck than otherwise.
I doubt "the govt" wants them any way other than to "observe and collect" ...
The whole idea of cops is to collect revenue for their city. In a few towns around here they mainly patrol a few select intersections near where popular bars are, and they stop every car they can under some pretext. If they find a drunk, bingo, they got a big collection right there. Concord, pineville, etc are famous for that.

If you want to live in a safe neighborhood - live near a bar.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:43:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.