Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000 (Read 285 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000
Reply #45 - 06/02/13 at 20:24:35

12Bravo wrote on 05/30/13 at 13:42:59:
I guess trying prohibition for 13 years (1920-1933) wasn't long enough to work. http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/alcohol-prohibition-was-failure

And the war on drugs has been going on since the early 70's (about 40 years). http://www.ibtimes.com/war-drugs-total-failure-statistics-prove-it-291447

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847

And from Great Britain
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/18/great-gun-control-fallacy...

Oh wait, I forgot facts shouldn't get in the way of 'fuzzy feel good' emotional decisions.  

Pine is correct - driving is a privilege while gun ownership (along with freedom of religion/speech) is guaranteed as god given right by the US Constitution.  

NO, travel is a RIGHT. The Supreme Court has said so.
http://yhvh.name/MISSION_AID/RIGHT_TO_DRIVE_NO_LICENSE.pdf

U.S. Supreme Court says No License Necessary
To Drive Automobile On Public Highways/Streets
No License Is Necessary
Copy and Share Freely
YHVH.name
U.S. SUPREME COURT
AND OTHER HIGH COURT
CITATIONS PROVING THAT
NO LICENSE IS NECESSARY FOR
NORMAL
USE OF AN AUTOMOBILE ON COMMON WAYS
"The
right
of a citizen to travel upon the public hi
ghways and to transport his property thereon, by horse
-
drawn carriage, wagon, or
automobile
, is
not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at
will,
but a
common right
which he has under his right to life,
liberty
and the pursuit of happiness. Under
this constitutional guaranty one may, therefore, under normal conditions
, travel at his inclination
along the
public highways
or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither
interfering with nor disturbing another's rights, he will be
protected,
not only in his person, but in his
safe
conduct
."
Thompson v.Smith, 154 SE 579, 11 American Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, section 329, page 1135
"The right of the Citizen to trav
el upon the
public
highways
and to transport his property thereon,
in the ordinary course of life and
business
, is a common
right which he has under the right to enjoy
life and
liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. I
t includes the
right, in so doing, to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day, and under the existing
modes of travel,
includes
the right to drive a horse drawn carriage or
wagon thereon or to
operate
an
automobile
thereon, for the usual and ordi
nary purpose of
life and
business
."
-
Thompson vs. Smith, supra.;
Teche Lines vs. Danforth, Miss., 12 S.2d 784
"... the
right
of the citizen to
drive
on a
public street
with freedom from police interference... is a
fundamental
constitutional
right
"
-
White,
97 Cal.App.3d.141, 158 Cal.Rptr. 562, 566
-
67 (1979)
“citizens have a
right
to
drive
upon the public streets of the District of Columbia or any other city
absent a constitutionally sound reason for limiting their access.”
Caneisha Mills v. D.C.

The
use of the
automobile
as a necessary adjunct to the earning of a livelihood in modern life
requires us in the interest of realism to conclude that the RIGHT to use an
automobile
on the
public highways
partakes of the nature of a liberty within the meaning
of the Constitutional
guarantees. . .

Berberian v. Lussier (1958) 139 A2d 869,
, See also: Schecter v. Killingsworth, 380 P.2d 136, 140; 93 Ariz. 273 (1963).

The right to operate a
motor vehicle
[an automobile] upon the public streets and highways is not a
mere privilege. It is a right of liberty, the enjoyment of which is protected by the guarantees of the
federal and state constitutions.

Adams v. City of Pocatello, 416 P.2d 46, 48; 91 Idaho 99
(1966).
“A traveler has an
equal right
to employ an
automobile
as a means of transportation and to occupy the public
highways with other vehicles in common use.”
Campbell v. Walker, 78 Atl. 601, 603, 2 Boyce (Del.) 41.

The owner of an automobile has the
same right as the owner of other vehicles to use the highway,* * * A
traveler on foot has the
same right
to the use of the public highways as an
automobile
or any other
vehicle

Simeone v. Lindsay, 65 Atl. 778, 779; Hannigan v. Wright, 63 Atl. 234, 236.
"The RIGHT of the citizen to
DRIVE
on the public street
with freedom from
police interference,
unless he is engaged i
n suspicious conduct associated
in some manner with criminality is a
FUNDAME
NTAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT which
must be protected by the
courts."
People
v. Horton
14 Cal. App. 3rd 667
(1971)

The right to make use of an
automobil
e as a
vehicle
of travel long the highways of the state, is no longer
an open question. The owners thereof have the
same rights
in the roads and streets as the dr
ivers of horses
or those riding a bicycle or traveling in some other
vehicle

House v. Cramer, 112 N.W. 3; 134 Iowa 374; Farnsworth v. Tampa Electric Co. 57 So.
233, 237, 62 Fla. 166.

The
automobile
may be used with safety to others users of the highway, and in its proper use upon
the highways there is an
equal right
with the users of other vehicles properly upon the highways.
The law recognizes such right of use upon general principles.
Brinkman v P
acholike, 84 N.E. 762, 764, 41 Ind. App. 662, 666.

The law does not denounce
motor carriages
, as such, on public ways.
T
hey have an
equal right
with other vehicles in
common use to oc
cupy the streets and roads.
It is improper to say that the driver of the horse has rights in the roads
superior to the
driver of the automobile
. Both have the
right
to use the easement.

You people have been TOLD how to think,,, very few of my fellow Americans understand what a free person is.

Indiana Springs Co. v. Brown, 165

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #46 - 06/03/13 at 06:38:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/02/13 at 20:24:35:
I guess trying prohibition for 13 years (1920-1933) wasn't long enough to work. http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/alcohol-prohibition-was-failure

And the war on drugs has been going on since the early 70's (about 40 years). http://www.ibtimes.com/war-drugs-total-failure-statistics-prove-it-291447

And from Great Britain
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/18/great-gun-control-fallacy...

Oh wait, I forgot facts shouldn't get in the way of 'fuzzy feel good' emotional decisions.  

Pine is correct - driving is a privilege while gun ownership (along with freedom of religion/speech) is guaranteed as god given right by the US Constitution.  

NO, travel is a RIGHT. The Supreme Court has said so.
http://yhvh.name/MISSION_AID/RIGHT_TO_DRIVE_NO_LICENSE.pdf

You people have been TOLD how to think,,, very few of my fellow Americans understand what a free person is.

Indiana Springs Co. v. Brown, 165

Agreed.... TRAVEL is a right... driving a car is a privilege. I can go anywhere I want on public roads. I do not have the RIGHT to drive there. I must satisfy local law for the procurement of the privilege.  

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #47 - 06/03/13 at 07:21:50

Midnightrider wrote on 06/01/13 at 19:38:58:
"How would you know what it will have been without that law in place ?" I'll tell you how. Conn. has a no assault weapons ban. Didn't work to well at Sandy Hook did it? Aint gonna work nowhere. You keep talking about all the crime where you live. There's laws against that but evidently they're not working either. We need to get a bunch of good ol boys and fill WD's pond up. Don't want the turtles and crawdads to go hungry. The cops shot and killed a 74 year old well respected, well liked white man going to his neighbors house because the alarm had gone off. That's about what cops are good for anymore. They want police the minority neighborhoods because they're scared. They beat up and shoot at innocent women. I'm sure they're some good ones left out there but these new generation of police officers are a danger to society.

Once again - roads work, so ban any bloody thing you want in your town. It will show up there from the next town.

Yea yea cops shoot someone ... wait, aren't these well trained in the use of guns and the best adjusted in the local populace. They shoot the wrong people, are we to believe the local redneck carrying enough weapons to bring down a small country is supposed to not shoot the wrong person ?

Its a great argument to get guns away from cops as well.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #48 - 06/03/13 at 07:29:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/02/13 at 16:57:32:
The REason the People were given for the war on drugs was to reduce drug use & crime,, but, after years & years of this war, what we have seen is a tremendous business in drugs & an increased police presence & more people in prison than anywhere else,,
REgardless of the "reason" for it, it is a failed program.,
There are news articles about banks that have been shown to be involved in laundering drug $$$,, but what banking officials are in prison?
Our stock market is open to investment by drug lords & they WILL invest in it OR they will be targeted & taken down,
The corruption is beytond the ability of most to grasp. Youve been taught all your lives that you live in some "Boy Scout of the World" country & nothing could be farther from the truth, WE,, WE, the USA, are REsponsible for the record breaking increase in poppy production in A/stan & WE, the USA, are profiting from that production, Not you & ME,, Ohh No,, not US, but just as the corrupt leaders of these tin horn tyrannies we send foreign aid to, the leaders of those countries benefit from the billions we send. OUr leaders & the corrupt globalists get some of the $$$ from these drugs. The ones we stomp on are the ones who dont want to play along. Just as the nations we invade are the ones where the leaders will not agree to borrow from the world bank & IMF.
My world view is unpleasant, but far more accurate than the mamby pamby world the masses live in,
Read the truth. Learn whats going on,,

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Economic-Hit-John-Perkins/dp/0452287081

The war on drugs has reduced drugs on the streets, but its made drugs a bigger business. Essentially the prohibition giving birth to NASCAR type deal. It has increased crime (cos everyone involved in drugs is now a criminal) much like illegal immigration has increased crime.
Yea prison busniess is making out like bandits. The private prison busniesses being paid by the govt per crimnial with a minimum guaranteed occupation etc etc, big $$$.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 06/03/13 at 08:25:32

U.S. Supreme Court says No License Necessary
To Drive Automobile On Public Highways/Streets
No License Is Necessary
Copy and Share Freely
YHVH.name
U.S. SUPREME COURT
AND OTHER HIGH COURT
CITATIONS PROVING THAT
NO LICENSE IS NECESSARY FOR
NORMAL
USE OF AN AUTOMOBILE ON COMMON WAYS

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 06/03/13 at 09:07:47

Try it. See how well it goes over.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 06/03/13 at 09:24:02

Mores the pity. They dont even follow the law, doesnt make ME wrong,,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #52 - 06/03/13 at 10:44:48

And from Great Britain

That australian gun ban is a classic example of "criminals will never turn in their guns" Right, they wont ...

We have a voluntary gun turn in drive. When they do that, you give those people a sticket to put on their door. And tell them they need to keep their gun. Then go door to door with a metal detector and confiscate everyone who does not ahve a sticker on their door.

Registration of a gun is only to ensure that the gun that is in your name does not pass into a criminals hands without govt knowledge. Like if the gun is in your name, and it comes time for you to sell it, wont you make sure the new owners name is put in place of yours and you are truly free and clear of it. That will in itself prevent criminals from being able to get guns off un suspecting sellers.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #53 - 06/03/13 at 10:52:51

Another thing we need to do is to separate the intent of the law etc etc with corruption.

A gun return drive is intended to get unused guns out of public hands for whatever reason.
The fact that the yare selling guns out the back door of the police station like WD has said they do is low level corruption.
When the city govt decides to sell them out the front door cos they are worth $$ is theft pure and simple not to mention betrayal.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #54 - 06/03/13 at 20:39:32

"the local redneck carrying enough weapons to bring down a small country is supposed to not shoot the wrong person ?
Its not the local redneck committing the mass murders, its the mentally ill. You could call me a local redneck, I drive a pickup, have a house full of guns but I never plan on shooting anyone unless they threaten me first. Most of the killing here in the south is minority drug related, not rednecks.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #55 - 06/04/13 at 06:56:41

Midnightrider wrote on 06/03/13 at 20:39:32:
"the local redneck carrying enough weapons to bring down a small country is supposed to not shoot the wrong person ?
Its not the local redneck committing the mass murders, its the mentally ill. You could call me a local redneck, I drive a pickup, have a house full of guns but I never plan on shooting anyone unless they threaten me first. Most of the killing here in the south is minority drug related, not rednecks.

I didn't specifically mean any one in particular. With all the training and the other criteria used to select cops if they make these mistakes (like shooting a neighbor when the alarm in a house goes off) then what is our option.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #56 - 06/04/13 at 08:23:03

[/quote]

That australian gun ban is a classic example of "criminals will never turn in their guns" Right, they wont ...

We have a voluntary gun turn in drive. When they do that, you give those people a sticket to put on their door. And tell them they need to keep their gun. Then go door to door with a metal detector and confiscate everyone who does not ahve a sticker on their door.

Registration of a gun is only to ensure that the gun that is in your name does not pass into a criminals hands without govt knowledge. Like if the gun is in your name, and it comes time for you to sell it, wont you make sure the new owners name is put in place of yours and you are truly free and clear of it. That will in itself prevent criminals from being able to get guns off un suspecting sellers.

Cool.
Srinath. [/quote]

so i turn in my guns and get them back with a sticker to put on my door. a sticker that will boldly tell all the criminals that i have guns inside. said criminals break into my home to steal my guns and i shoot them dead. then i have to go to prison for the rest of my life because the one i shot was a black teenager who was unarmed. sounds like a pharmacy i heard about.

no thanks ill keep my unregistered guns and you can have the extra please come rob me sticker.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #57 - 06/04/13 at 09:18:35

srinath wrote on 06/04/13 at 06:56:41:
Midnightrider wrote on 06/03/13 at 20:39:32:

I didn't specifically mean any one in particular. With all the training and the other criteria used to select cops if they make these mistakes (like shooting a neighbor when the alarm in a house goes off) then what is our option.
Cool.
Srinath.

Making sure he never wears a badge again. That wont bring the old man back to life but its all we can do. These new generation of cops are too aggressive, trigger finger happy and ask questions later. I think the government wants them that way.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 06/04/13 at 09:21:12

srinath wrote on 06/04/13 at 06:56:41:
With all the training and the other criteria used to select cops if they make these mistakes (like shooting a neighbor when the alarm in a house goes off) then what is our option.
Cool.
Srinath.

Los Angeles Police stormed video game company Robotoki headquarters Last Friday night in what turned into an armed standoff with a life-sized Call of Duty statue.

After an unknown employee hit the ‘panic’ button within the office that immediately alerts police, LAPD entered the game developer’s studio around 7 PM and detained the studio head before centering in on the life-sized Call of Duty ‘Ghost’ statue. Based on a special forces character from the game, the statue can be seen above wearing military-grade equipment and wielding an AR-15. Visible from outside the offices, the police spotted the realistic statue from outside and assumed they were facing a hostage/terror situation.

Studio head Robert Bowling told Polygon:

“I was in my office when they arrived and saw them coming up our stairs, guns drawn… They yelled for me to put my hands up and walk towards them slowly, then took me into custody and out of the studio until they cleared the rest of the rooms and floors.”

In turn, they entered the building armed with rifles and in anticipation of a potential fire fight. Less than a half hour into the standoff between the Ghost statue and police, they realized that they were in fact having an armed stand still with an inanimate object — a realization that came before they decided to blast the perceived intruder.

As it turns out, the police really had no idea what they were truly responding to. And while it was originally reported that the panic button had been activated by a third party as a prank, or even an employee who thought that the statue was a terrorist, apparently someone simply hit it without truly knowing its purpose.

http://www.storyleak.com/lapd-standoff-with-call-of-duty-video-game-statue/

These highly trained cops?
Although, I will admit, the statue is very realistic.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #59 - 06/04/13 at 09:38:59

45acp wrote on 06/04/13 at 08:23:03:

Cool.
Srinath. [/quote]

so i turn in my guns and get them back with a sticker to put on my door. a sticker that will boldly tell all the criminals that i have guns inside. said criminals break into my home to steal my guns and i shoot them dead. then i have to go to prison for the rest of my life because the one i shot was a black teenager who was unarmed. sounds like a pharmacy i heard about.

no thanks ill keep my unregistered guns and you can have the extra please come rob me sticker. [/quote]

No did you even read my post.
Go back and read it. You're replying to the exact opposite of what I said. I've helped you out by bolding it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:14:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Owner Gets Fined $1000

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.