What do you think? (Read 398 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: What do you think?
Reply #30 - 04/23/13 at 03:47:00

Reel her back in boys.....I'm not talking about open confrontation with any vested authority, as bot said, its the price we pay for living in a herd. We can change policy through the democratic process, but too many neglect it till it effects them directly.

Lets keep the post to the technology advancements of societal, er...uh, evolution, odd way to view it bot, but I do see how the dots could be construed as such....  Lips Sealed

I still marvel at Ben's wisdom of the problem way back then, and  biblical speaking, the prophesiers are proving correct too, and such primitive beings if we consider our evolving to our current state of knowledge, or, self grandiose mentality  Cool  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #31 - 04/23/13 at 05:33:59

oldNslow wrote on 04/21/13 at 10:51:33:
verslagen1 wrote:

Quote:
You already carry an ID chip... it's called a cell phone.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I've been told that there is a backdoor built into the newest cell phones that allows law enforcement-gov. to actually turn them on remotely without the owner being aware, and use them them to listen in on conversations in the vicinity of the phone. A remote control bug of sorts.

I know, and accept, that nothing I say online or on my phone is ever really private, but thinking that my phone could be spying on me when I think it's OFF is pretty creepy.

Yes, sir, it IS true, I've done it myself at a Security Awareness Course, not for spying but to show what can be done.
AND
it wasn't even last week nor last month, it was 1999 and I was using a Motorola 8700...
Roll Eyes
It is done via the IMEI number, that is why in the military the INSIST you switch off your phone AND take out the battery BEFORE you enter a secure area.

If I could do that in 1999, imagine what can be done 15 years later, with dual- and quad-core processors and 32 / 64GB RAM!

Incidentally, I read somewhere tha an amateur iPhone programmer gave a demo on how you can hijack an airplane without even being on board... he targeted an airline flight simulator, of the kind used to train pilots, and successfully hijacked it !!!
 Shocked

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #32 - 04/23/13 at 07:48:05

Like I said, Heinlein novels have come to life in the real world. Throw a bit of McCaffrey's Powers That Be series in for "good" measure...

We've become more "East Berlin" than the actual East Berlin ever was...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #33 - 04/23/13 at 09:49:09

raydawg wrote on 04/23/13 at 03:47:00:
Reel her back in boys.....Lets keep the post to the technology advancements of societal

Would I be within my right to carry a device that, if it existed, scrambled video feed in my location? Like a white noise generator used for sound...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 04/23/13 at 11:06:07

I doubt it. Cell phone jammers and license plate scanners are illegal (for civilians).

--Steve

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #35 - 04/23/13 at 13:08:08

I have a cheap cell phone but I don't even know where its at and I don't care. Its somewhere in this house with a dead battery and that's just fine with me.I've tried for months to get my wife to disconnect it. Life goes on just fine without it. If I have trouble there will be cellphones everywhere around me so whats the point? When I drive I like to be alone with my thoughts. If I wanna talk to someone I'll call em when I get home.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 04/23/13 at 21:03:36

I cant imagine being perpetually on a leash. Im NOT carryin a phone,,No,, well,, I WILL,, when Im riding,in a bag, behind me. Just so I can call if Im gtonna be gone longer than I said Id be. The girls worry so. But, just day to day life? I dont have one, Ill use the wifes if she just demands I have one with me,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #37 - 04/24/13 at 17:48:52

Yes, I hate cell phones too. Half the people I know have disconnected their land lines and use only cell phones...I too carry one on longer rides (at the insistence of Ms.Starlifter). If it were up to me I'd run over the dam* thing with the lawn mower.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 04/25/13 at 18:36:50

My cell phone has made me plenty of $$$ ... I set up so I'd get alerted if somethings like Mcintosh etc etc show up. About exactly a year ago I was doing something in the NC/VA border (100 mi north of home) sunday morning when a pair of 754's popped up 100 miles north in WV ... $400 for the pair. I emailed him my # within minutes, he called me ... I ran up paid for em and got em home.

Earlier last month I sold 1 of those for 750. Still got the other one. I picked up a monster vintage rotel for $12 @ a goodwill that someone said they saw, and sold it a month later for over 200, I got several others ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #39 - 04/25/13 at 21:54:14

I bought a Tracphone pay as you go, about 2 years ago...
... and buy the minimum time I can to keep it active...

I now have over 800 minutes and 2 months to use them up...
In 2 years, I've talked less than 90 minutes... Undecided...

I can't decide whether to pay for another year and 400 more minutes...
Buhuhhh...

Srin,... what's a McIntosh, a 754, and a rotel?...
Whatever they are... I need to find some... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #40 - 04/26/13 at 16:39:12

srinath wrote on 04/25/13 at 18:36:50:
My cell phone has made me plenty of $$$ ... I set up so I'd get alerted if somethings like Mcintosh etc etc show up. About exactly a year ago I was doing something in the NC/VA border (100 mi north of home) sunday morning when a pair of 754's popped up 100 miles north in WV ... $400 for the pair. I emailed him my # within minutes, he called me ... I ran up paid for em and got em home.

Earlier last month I sold 1 of those for 750. Still got the other one. I picked up a monster vintage rotel for $12 @ a goodwill that someone said they saw, and sold it a month later for over 200, I got several others ...

Cool.
Srinath.

I sure hope you paid taxes on all that income. I am sure you wouldn't want to be known as a tax cheat who claims other people are tax cheats but without any evidence. It might hurt the thin credibility of your already wild accusations if it is known you are a hypocrite.

I mean if you spent pages upon pages railing against someone who paid $3 million in taxes and you yourself evaded taxes on income then it may cause you some credibility gap...

Just sayin'... Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #41 - 04/28/13 at 09:53:09

Dane Allen wrote on 04/26/13 at 16:39:12:
srinath wrote on 04/25/13 at 18:36:50:

Cool.
Srinath.

I sure hope you paid taxes on all that income. I am sure you wouldn't want to be known as a tax cheat who claims other people are tax cheats but without any evidence. It might hurt the thin credibility of your already wild accusations if it is known you are a hypocrite.

I mean if you spent pages upon pages railing against someone who paid $3 million in taxes and you yourself evaded taxes on income then it may cause you some credibility gap...

Just sayin'... Grin Grin Grin

Why do you think it takes me a month to do my taxes ?

However I also have a huge stash ... I barely made a 1000 off audio last year. I did better in 11 - almost 2g.
12 was a fight to get a refund cos I had 1099 work and other loose income ... and my state refund was nearly 3 X federal ... strange ... never happened before.
Dont worry, every penny is accounted for and paid. I got audited for 96 in 98 ... it was not a bad one as audits go ... but it was almost a 1 question audit related to a motorcycle accident and pay out which hadn't come in yet but the expenses had. I got the settlement in 99 - they were rather suspicious ... but I showed em the papers etc and they tossed me outta there.

Serobot: Those are cool things that make noise. Good clean noise. People pay big $$ for those. There is a few more of these here lying around ... carver and this and that. Rotel isn't the fool proof deal McIntosh tends to be. All Mc gear tends to be uniformly very very good. I've got a few rotel dud's. 60 watters that have barely enough power to run my EV triaxials ... something an 18 watt old Harman kardon does with authority. And some rotels sound rather bass heavy ...

Anyway if you dont know this you could get robbed blind ... I have picked up stuff for $20 worth 500 ... and paid 100's for $10 junk.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #42 - 05/01/13 at 12:01:38

Starlifter wrote on 04/24/13 at 17:48:52:
Yes, I hate cell phones too. Half the people I know have disconnected their land lines and use only cell phones...I too carry one on longer rides (at the insistence of Ms.Starlifter). If it were up to me I'd run over the dam* thing with the lawn mower.

I would like to thank the taxpayers here and my buddy Obama. I got a free cell phone and 250 minutes free a month, Its because I'm over 70 and Obama wants to take care of me. They called me a month ago about it and I said OK.I have to use it a least once a month are they take it back.Thanks Again.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #43 - 05/02/13 at 13:14:51

bill67 wrote on 05/01/13 at 12:01:38:
Starlifter wrote on 04/24/13 at 17:48:52:

I would like to thank the taxpayers here and my buddy Obama. I got a free cell phone and 250 minutes free a month, Its because I'm over 70 and Obama wants to take care of me. They called me a month ago about it and I said OK.I have to use it a least once a month are they take it back.Thanks Again.

Over $16 Trillion in national debt, $700 Billion taken from Medicare, high unemployment, Social Security is broke and the highest poverty rate since the 60's. Congratulations on your "free" phone.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 05/02/13 at 14:05:53

Yea me too got a free phone ... I think its the Obama phone, only given out to people who voted for Obama ...
Just like we only got good Obamacare ...
And only we have jobs cos we voted for Obama ...

Hey bill67, call me I'm Obama1281563847. Need to see if My Obama phone is the latest and greatest ... else I go down to the Obama center and get it refreshed.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:25:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What do you think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.