What do you think? (Read 398 times)
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: What do you think?
Reply #15 - 04/21/13 at 14:16:10

oldNslow wrote on 04/21/13 at 10:51:33:
I don't know if this is true or not, but I've been told that there is a backdoor built into the newest cell phones that allows law enforcement-gov. to actually turn them on remotely without the owner being aware, and use them them to listen in on conversations in the vicinity of the phone. A remote control bug of sorts.

That may or may not be the case, especially with rooted phones running newer Android...  But there are lots of cases of Cops getting OnStar turned on for them.

IP Logged
v-pilot

Loud bikes rule!

Rexford NY
Reply #16 - 04/21/13 at 14:47:57

That may or may not be the case, especially with rooted phones running newer Android...  But there are lots of cases of Cops getting OnStar turned on for them. [/quote]
It's any vehicle that has that type of system. It can be used to disable the ignition system,thus stopping the car

Suzuki DR650, aprilia RSVR, aprilia Falco, Bimota DB4(2x)
Moto Guzzi V10, Ducati 900ss, Triumph Trident, Suzuki LS650
Moto Guzzi Le Mans SE(2x), Moto Guzzi V50, Benelli 250, Ducati 250
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #17 - 04/21/13 at 15:42:54

Privacy, like the Post Office, the Cheque, the book, music etc is one of the nine things that will disappear in our life time.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 04/21/13 at 20:18:38

The chip society would not actually take away any of your freedoms, unless it was abused by "big brother", which most folks would assume it would. Just think, if your child was missing, they could be located, it would become like the saying, if guns were outlawed only criminals would have guns to say if everyone where chipped only criminals would not.
We already have so many cameras around the larger cities that almost every crime commited could be solved if there were enough manpower to go thru all the video.
As far as cell phones being your tracking device...I have had the same phone number for about 5 years, I don't mind, i'm not a criminal, your phone number should be your social, keep it simple.... your social is your "federal id" therefor you are tracked in all your monetary transactions and state transactions, all your medical info, drivers info, insurance ect.... so why not do a chip/eyescan combo with say a changeable password by you? That way you would not have to carry cash, not have to carry any other form of ID.
Would crime decrease? maybe a little, but criminal ID theft would probably rise. Who knows? untill we try it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 04/22/13 at 09:20:01

houstonbofh wrote on 04/21/13 at 14:14:56:
Serowbot wrote on 04/21/13 at 09:24:41:
It is a bit creepy,... but, in a public place, where you have no expectation of privacy, I think it's just an extension of community awareness... ..(I try to avoid nose picking, and butt scratchin' out there anyway)...

But they are not just in public spaces...  www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

This stuff is scary.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. There should be lawsuits but I don't think Justice has a place in society any longer.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 04/22/13 at 10:15:59

That was just another "acclimation" for the people & practice for the "Boys" & it sets precedence.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #21 - 04/22/13 at 11:26:52

apache snow-FSO wrote on 04/21/13 at 10:41:21:
Some say Ben Franklin but most likely Thomas Jefferson.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. This was written by Franklin, within quotation marks but is generally accepted as his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818). A variant of this was published as:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
This was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759); the book was published by Franklin; its author was Richard Jackson, but Franklin did claim responsibility for some small excerpts that were used in it.

Cell phones work.. in of of themselves via triangluation, in order to connect to the most "powerful/nearest" cell tower. Thus a phone that is on is constantly attempting to connect to the cell network. ( You can prove this by taking a cell someplace with no cell access and watch as the battery drains in short order trying to connect).
Therefore, yes, someone that walks around with a cell phone creates a history of every place they( with thier phone) have been.

I am a firm believer in the quote above as attributed to Franklin. Further, it would be MY position that anyone advocating ANY diminishing of liberty in persuit of security does not have the best interest of the greater good at heart, but mearly thier own self interest.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #22 - 04/22/13 at 11:33:19

Pine wrote on 04/22/13 at 11:26:52:
....Further, it would be MY position that anyone advocating ANY diminishing of liberty in persuit of security does not have the best interest of the greater good at heart, but mearly thier own self interest....

This is a fantastic point, that there are those who will "sacrafice" the rights of others for their own personal gain. Like the guy who doesn't own any guns advocating for gun control. It's a kind of hypocrisy, I think,

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #23 - 04/22/13 at 11:43:05

PS: I like this thread, though I would have thought it more correct for Tall table... still i posted this not long ago ( in tall table) :

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1366213621

So when it come to "money" or some aspects of it... already there is a mandate to break ranks with a government fiat.. for ???? not even sure what to call it.. other than "cryptocurrency".

The world IS changing.... but is it for the better? I wish I could be on the side that thinks so, sadly I am not.

But then I am an anglosaxon of european descent, gun toting, quinquagenarian libertarian biker.... who cares about me?  I am the wrong demographic to be alive.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #24 - 04/22/13 at 13:51:23

Quote:
But then I am an anglosaxon of european descent, gun toting, quinquagenarian libertarian biker.... who cares about me?  I am the wrong demographic to be alive.

Hey, I don't hear any obligatory whitey guilt, revisionism or... or...

Grin

Try being in my shoes up here, I'm surrounded by the dregs of sub-humanity... too many Dems in west TN.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 04/22/13 at 22:21:59

Bloop!...

Congratulations!... the last couple of posts just pushed it over the edge...
You're in the TT now...
Knock yerselve's out... Grin Grin Grin...

For the record,... evolution,... for the past 3,000 years... has been driven by technology instead of biology...
Even the forefathers understood this... although they couldn't possibly anticipate it...
That's why they allowed for a little... flex... in the rulebook...
Sometimes, I'm keeping up,... sometimes, I'm wearin' cement loafers...
... but,.. the wheels don't stop...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/22/13 at 22:55:44

houstonbofh wrote on 04/21/13 at 14:14:56:
Serowbot wrote on 04/21/13 at 09:24:41:
It is a bit creepy,... but, in a public place, where you have no expectation of privacy, I think it's just an extension of community awareness... ..(I try to avoid nose picking, and butt scratchin' out there anyway)...

But they are not just in public spaces...  www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

This stuff is scary.

No, it's bullshit.
I'm all for searches......but a simple knock on the door, "hey, how ya doin? Have you seen anything suspicious?" would suffice. No one in their right mind would've been harboring them, & you could tell if someone was distressed & forced to hide them. Complaints need to be filed on these illegal searches.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 04/22/13 at 23:16:37

Jiggyfly wrote on 04/22/13 at 22:55:44:
No one in their right mind would've been harboring them,...

This is the crux of the issue...  
The cops weren't just looking for the two guys that done it..., but, possible conspirators that were aiding, and harboring them...
They were searching for people that weren't their right mind, and weren't on any list or street-cam printout... and were hoping for more destruction...

Just sayin'...  
That search was ugly... but, it might, potentially  have saved a lot of lives...
In the cops defense.... they are acting on present knowledge... not with 20/20 hindsight...

IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 04/22/13 at 23:54:28

I "get it".......but do they really need to march women out at gunpoint? Some things just aren't necessary.
(Side note: I'm a 100% gun advocate. If that crappity smacker would've been in my boat, that's where I would've had the barrel of my AR pointed while I called the police. Just killing him might enter my mind, but with the potential for intel....)

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 04/23/13 at 02:18:27

I get it... I have several guns myself...
I admire their precision of build and accuracy,..and have the typical male..."cause and effect,.. at a distance" syndrome that effects most of us... (just a personal theory... we instinctively like things that have have effect at a safe distance... as a part of our defensive intuition)... ie,.. remotes, cell phones, guns, even internet communications...

Let me point out,...that, as against chivalry as it may be...
Women, can be as protective supporters of their loved ones, as males... even more so...
Women, terrorists are no longer a hypothetical possibility...

Personal defense,.. is not reasonable in circumstances that involve the safety of potential thousands of innocent people...  
We do, as a whole, give away that personal right and protection, in the best interest of our community...

This is a new development, in the evolution of cultural attack...
It must be accounted for...

I'm not a total pacifist... and I have entered many situations with personal defense as a priority,...
...willing to use whatever means available without any concern for the opposition...
... but,... if the authorities are looking for mass murdering terrorist and his unknown cohorts... I understand, it isn't personal, and will cooperate...
It is in my best interests, and that of my fellow neighbors...

You can defend your life, personally, against an aggressor....
... but, when it comes to the law.... you must acquiesce... and fight your battle in court...
It is an agreement we make, in order to live in a civilized world...  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:59:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What do you think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.