Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
How many people are on welfare, hint Its not 47% (Read 328 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

How many people are on welfare, hint Its not 47%
04/15/13 at 14:21:10

After the 47% excuse from RMoney 6 months before the the election as if to apologize in advance for his impending loss ... we have been lied to about how many are on welfare.

Lets try some dry old numbers.

Total number of Americans on welfare      - 4,300,000

The source - http://statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/ in case that's too librull propaganda for you post your correct website.

It is 4.1%. So lets try this one more time ... 47% is a lie offered up by RMoney to cover for his up coming failure. So we now say this 4.1% that is making less than the poverty line on welfare - total of $131.9 billion /yr is burying the country, when it almost immediately is put back in the economy ? Yea more lies.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: How many people are on welfare, hint Its not 4
Reply #1 - 04/15/13 at 16:36:55

And how about unemployment for 2 years?  And food stamps?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 04/15/13 at 17:13:04

houstonbofh wrote on 04/15/13 at 16:36:55:

Yea and what about it ? Its counted in these numbers. Find your own source, this is what the govt agency charged with the job seems to have found.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/16/13 at 07:56:25

Yea and what about it ? Its counted in these numbers.

are you sure about that?

Welfare has turned into a broad term. I'll grant you that those getting benefits for the specific definition of welfare is 4.3 million. Those getting the equivalent of welfare under a different program is quite a bit larger and growing everyday. The increase in disability payments is huge; that % increase can be essentially added to what we generally call 'those on welfare'.

personally, I would not lump all those on unemployment as being on welfare. I would say a great number of those on unemployment for a long period of time can be counted as 'being on welfare'. I knew a guy who stayed on unemployment as long as he could, not looking for a job, playing video games for year and a half, milking other government programs. he was never technically counted in srinath's 4.3 million as being a welfare recipient, but he was from a practical sense.  

The bottom line is it's a staggering high number living off uncle sam and growing daily. Romney's 47% comment was somewhat taken out of context and fools like our friend srinath (who's the equivalent of 'the walking dead') bought the line hook, line and sinker.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/16/13 at 08:22:27

WebsterMark wrote on 04/16/13 at 07:56:25:

are you sure about that?

Welfare has turned into a broad term. I'll grant you that those getting benefits for the specific definition of welfare is 4.3 million. Those getting the equivalent of welfare under a different program is quite a bit larger and growing everyday. The increase in disability payments is huge; that % increase can be essentially added to what we generally call 'those on welfare'.

personally, I would not lump all those on unemployment as being on welfare. I would say a great number of those on unemployment for a long period of time can be counted as 'being on welfare'. I knew a guy who stayed on unemployment as long as he could, not looking for a job, playing video games for year and a half, milking other government programs. he was never technically counted in srinath's 4.3 million as being a welfare recipient, but he was from a practical sense.  

The bottom line is it's a staggering high number living off uncle sam and growing daily. Romney's 47% comment was somewhat taken out of context and fools like our friend srinath (who's the equivalent of 'the walking dead') bought the line hook, line and sinker.

Disability - glad you brought that up - so that would be the guy with his leg blown off in Iraq and the guy who lost 1/2 his brain in afghanisthan right ? Good, so who's paying for it ? Obama is your guess. And who caused it ? Not Obama, Bush is my guess.

There is a guy who didn't work and this and that, we all know these cases ... there is a few 100,000 that way. It still is part of the 5.1 million was it - on unemployment, and not the 4.3 million on welfare.

In a sense Bush opened the flood gates - the biggest change for qualifying for these programs happened under Bush. He knows his demographic. Much Like our local republicomunnist Pat McCrory. He cut unemployment benefit payments, and didn't touch welfare.

Anyway Bush also sent a lot of people to slaughter under false pretenses and some of them came back only partially slaughtered - and they went on the rolls that he expanded. Promptly adding to the deficit which now has been hung on obama's neck by the TEA baggers.

The only 47% still is the 47% that voted for RMoney, who advocates lower taxes for the rich - lower than his 13% opposed to everyone else's 25% and he advocates cutting benefits for the poorest, cos he knows of 1 guy who has been playing video games on unemployment.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/16/13 at 08:55:53

And these are the facts -

Typically, then, the program grows in recessions and declines in economic boom times. But with the 2002 farm bill, President Bush dramatically expanded eligibility, restoring benefits to nearly a million individuals at the beginning of 2003, and paving the way for the program to expand as it did during the rest of presidency. As a result, Bush managed to oversee unprecedented growth in the program even as the economy grew. Obama then followed up on this with an eligibility expansion of his own in the 2009 stimulus package.

This is the link -
http://reason.com/blog/2012/01/23/bush-and-obama-the-food-stamp-presidents

If this is a librull rag, go on google it and find your own. BTW Bush has touted his welfare expansion in a speech he made too. I cant find that link, but it was sometime in 2003-04.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 04/16/13 at 09:06:07

And since you brought up disability -

The number of workers taking federal disability insurance payments hit yet another record in July, increasing to 8,753,935 during the month from the previous record of 8,733,461 set in June, according to newly released data from the Social Security Administration.

Thia is the site: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/8753935-workers-disability-set-another-record...

So lets see, 4.3 million on welfare, 5.1 mill unemployed, 8.7 mill disabled, and most of these likely included in the 47 million on SNAP.
Still dont count to 47%. Closer to 20% ... 335 million+ illegals (10-80million) right.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/16/13 at 09:14:01

The huge number added to disability has nothing at all to do with causalities in Iraq or Afghanistan. My point, which any reasonable person would understand, is simply counting the number on the technical definition of welfare and using that for yet another stupid attack on Romney and to pump up the guy you've got a man-crush on; Obama, is misleading at best, and an outright lie at worst.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/16/13 at 09:16:53

srinath wrote on 04/16/13 at 08:22:27:
WebsterMark wrote on 04/16/13 at 07:56:25:

are you sure about that?

Disability - glad you brought that up - so that would be the guy with his leg blown off in Iraq and the guy who lost 1/2 his brain in afghanisthan right ? Good, so who's paying for it ? Obama is your guess. And who caused it ? Not Obama, Bush is my guess.

There is a guy who didn't work and this and that, we all know these cases ... there is a few 100,000 that way. It still is part of the 5.1 million was it - on unemployment, and not the 4.3 million on welfare.

In a sense Bush opened the flood gates - the biggest change for qualifying for these programs happened under Bush. He knows his demographic. Much Like our local republicomunnist Pat McCrory. He cut unemployment benefit payments, and didn't touch welfare.

Anyway Bush also sent a lot of people to slaughter under false pretenses and some of them came back only partially slaughtered - and they went on the rolls that he expanded. Promptly adding to the deficit which now has been hung on obama's neck by the TEA baggers.

The only 47% still is the 47% that voted for RMoney, who advocates lower taxes for the rich - lower than his 13% opposed to everyone else's 25% and he advocates cutting benefits for the poorest, cos he knows of 1 guy who has been playing video games on unemployment.

Cool.
Srinath.

Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush. Point the finger all you want.
If Obama wanted to go back and criticize everything Bush did he would've. In fact it was one of his campaign promises, remember? But he didn't.

--Steve

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #9 - 04/16/13 at 11:25:09

srinath wrote on 04/15/13 at 17:13:04:
houstonbofh wrote on 04/15/13 at 16:36:55:

Yea and what about it ? Its counted in these numbers. Find your own source, this is what the govt agency charged with the job seems to have found.

Cool.
Srinath.

Really?  How is 47 million "included" in 4.3 million?
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/46609072-people-food-stamps-2012_706745.html

Can you breathe with your head up there?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 04/16/13 at 11:57:27

houstonbofh wrote on 04/16/13 at 11:25:09:
Really?  How is 47 million "included" in 4.3 million?
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/46609072-people-food-stamps-2012_706745.html

Can you breathe with your head up there?

Read that sentence again - OR get your grammar lessons -
I wrote So lets see, 4.3 million on welfare, 5.1 mill unemployed, 8.7 mill disabled, and most of these likely included in the 47 million on SNAP.
Still dont count to 47%. Closer to 20% ... 335 million+ illegals (10-80million) right.

Read it again - then read grammar books.

Paraquat wrote:
Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush. Point the finger all you want.
If Obama wanted to go back and criticize everything Bush did he would've. In fact it was one of his campaign promises, remember? But he didn't.

He didn't cos he's continuing it. He didn't because that would look like he's not even going to try. You (as a republicommunist team on savage) are blaming Obama where you should have been blaming Bush.

Webster wrote:
The huge number added to disability has nothing at all to do with causalities in Iraq or Afghanistan. My point, which any reasonable person would understand, is simply counting the number on the technical definition of welfare and using that for yet another stupid attack on Romney and to pump up the guy you've got a man-crush on; Obama, is misleading at best, and an outright lie at worst.

Dude how do you know the disabled from Iraq/afghan wars are not in the 8.7 million on disability ? call me stupid all you want, the numbers are burying you. Dont blame Obama for what Bush did, dont blame Obama for what RMoney promised, dont compare Obama to your hypothetical Ron Paul - he was buried by the republicommunists before he ever got out of the gate. Everything you're blaming Obama for were all done by Bush first, or by Bush in a larger sense.

You once again dont have a leg to stand on, the numbers prove it. The reason you dislike Obama has nothing to do with any of the economic or other policies. Go back to talking about dead babies with abortion and how abortion is hurting women cos 50% of aborted babies are girls, and how legitimate rape is this or that ... that's what you do best. Anything numbers - they are out in the real world. Can be pulled up via google.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/16/13 at 15:45:15

Dude how do you know the disabled from Iraq/afghan wars are not in the 8.7 million on disability ? call me stupid all you want

okay, in you insist; stupid.

read what I wrote again. I'm sure the disabled from Iraq/Afghan ARE in the 8.7 million, it's just the number is so small, it's not significant from a statistical point of view.

It's like when you say the one or two things that are coherent out of the thousands you say that are not, those one or two things don't change the fact, that on the whole, you have no idea what you are talking about.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 04/16/13 at 16:19:30

WebsterMark wrote on 04/16/13 at 15:45:15:
Dude how do you know the disabled from Iraq/afghan wars are not in the 8.7 million on disability ? call me stupid all you want

read what I wrote again. I'm sure the disabled from Iraq/Afghan ARE in the 8.7 million, it's just the number is so small, it's not significant from a statistical point of view.

It's like when you say the one or two things that are coherent out of the thousands you say that are not, those one or two things don't change the fact, that on the whole, you have no idea what you are talking about.

OK to get to 47% we need to get 150 million+.

So far we have a good double counted 60 million. That would be 23% ... hey that's the amount I paid in taxes, as opposed to RMoney who paid 13% ... what a coincidence.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 04/16/13 at 16:36:24

WebsterMark wrote on 04/16/13 at 09:14:01:

Read what you posted a couple hours ago -

Then read this -

Obviously after I read that first post, I learned that The huge number added to disability has nothing at all to do with causalities in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Then of course I learned that they were sent in there by Bush (the dude you hope to invite into your bed) and it all made sense ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #14 - 04/16/13 at 22:45:05

srinath wrote on 04/16/13 at 16:19:30:

OK to get to 47% we need to get 150 million+.

So far we have a good double counted 60 million. That would be 23% ... hey that's the amount I paid in taxes, as opposed to RMoney who paid 13% ... what a coincidence.

Cool.
Srinath.

Wow, you paid $6 million in taxes?? Well, almost 6 million, 13% doubled is 26% and you say you paid 23% and make a big fuss about it so if you paid anything less than $5 million in taxes then you have nothing to complain about. You should be thanking Romney for his generous refusal to leave the country and take his rightfully earned money with him..

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:47:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How many people are on welfare, hint Its not 47%

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.