Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How is gun powder made ? (Read 169 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: How is gun powder made ?
Reply #15 - 04/16/13 at 16:25:48

Nitric acid is already pretty hard to get. Its an industrial chemical used to clean aluminum among other things, we will have to find a way to not choke it off, but restrict it from the garage bullet maker.

If its shipped in, we can prevent it. or better yet, we can prevent it from even getting here. Other countries do it. I lived in India, till 1990 we could not get anything made outside India there. Industrial raw materials - same thing.
The same thing happens with drugs - lots of countries in south america and other places make lots of it. Its not getting smuggled in via ships. It come via tunnels from mexico. Which will still be open for business, and they'd be bringing bullets ... I have already said that, they will bring in bullets instead of drugs, we just trade 1 problem for the other.

Now drugs come in, and guns and ammo goes out, that tunnel gets used 2 X, instead we'd just see it used 1 time.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #16 - 04/16/13 at 16:50:39

srinath wrote on 04/16/13 at 16:25:48:
Nitric acid is already pretty hard to get. Its an industrial chemical used to clean aluminum among other things, we will have to find a way to not choke it off, but restrict it from the garage bullet maker.

Cool.
Srinath.

Nitric Acid is easy to get,  it's all over Ebay and Amazon just to name a few online places that sell to the general public.

There is a store less then an hour from me that sells it to the general public as well.  So it's not as controlled as you think it is.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 04/16/13 at 16:53:44

rfw2003 wrote on 04/16/13 at 16:50:39:

Cool.
Srinath.

Nitric Acid is easy to get,  it's all over Ebay and Amazon just to name a few online places that sell to the general public.

There is a store less then an hour from me that sells it to the general public as well.  So it's not as controlled as you think it is.

R.F.

Yes and so was ephedrine ... In fact look up a 1903 sears catalog, you could have bought heroin off the pages ...
Mary jane is easy to grow ... it will grow in nearly all states. We still dont have people growing these ... OK we do, but they just smoke it and not cause the street to get flooded.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 04/16/13 at 17:02:27

srinath wrote on 04/16/13 at 16:53:44:
rfw2003 wrote on 04/16/13 at 16:50:39:

Cool.
Srinath.

R.F.

Yes and so was ephedrine ... In fact look up a 1903 sears catalog, you could have bought heroin off the pages ...
Mary jane is easy to grow ... it will grow in nearly all states. We still dont have people growing these ... OK we do, but they just smoke it and not cause the street to get flooded.

Cool.
Srinath.

You just can't except the fact your wrong and just want to continue to argue the issue, by bringing up drugs now, which has nothing to do with gun powder at all.  Hell I'm done with you on this stuff,  you just can't seem to understand that nothing the government does will stop firearms and ammo from reaching those that want it period, and no it won't cost them a fortune.  Good luck in your fantasy world man.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 04/16/13 at 17:06:19

You again are dodging the issue. Nitric acid may be easy to get now. heroin was easy to get 100 years ago. It dont mean it cant be choked off.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #20 - 04/16/13 at 23:57:10

Heroin is easy to get now.  Your point?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 04/17/13 at 05:24:34

houstonbofh wrote on 04/16/13 at 23:57:10:

Heroin is also very expensive now. Sears catalog heroin was a pint sized  or maybe even bigger bottle full for $1 (of course it was a 1903 $1).
OK here is the best answer I got in a google -

Several stores (including Sears and Roebuck) and catalogues sold heroin as a cough suppressant and alternative to morphine, though heroin is actually more dangerous. They sold a heroin syringe, two needles, and a carrying case for $1.50.

Yea cough suppresant ... yup. I'd guess pint bottle - I have seen it in a antique shop framed if I recall a few years ago.

Regulating and controlling it will cause a squeeze effect and drive up prices. The side effect is the fact its used in may many things while heroin is not. We'd just have to have factories that are legit get it and the ones that are not get choked out. The bullet makers will love this though ... they can make more $ off each bullet, and the govt makes tax $ off each sale to private individuals.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #22 - 04/17/13 at 20:48:21

srinath wrote on 04/17/13 at 05:24:34:

Heroin is also very expensive now. Sears catalog heroin was a pint sized  or maybe even bigger bottle full for $1 (of course it was a 1903 $1).

Several stores (including Sears and Roebuck) and catalogues sold heroin as a cough suppressant and alternative to morphine, though heroin is actually more dangerous. They sold a heroin syringe, two needles, and a carrying case for $1.50.

Yea cough suppresant ... yup. I'd guess pint bottle - I have seen it in a antique shop framed if I recall a few years ago.

Regulating and controlling it will cause a squeeze effect and drive up prices. The side effect is the fact its used in may many things while heroin is not. We'd just have to have factories that are legit get it and the ones that are not get choked out. The bullet makers will love this though ... they can make more $ off each bullet, and the govt makes tax $ off each sale to private individuals.
Cool.
Srinath.

OK.  Well $2 in 1903 is worth $39.50 now.
http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

And Heroin on the street ranges from $5-$6 for a bag to $50 for a bundle.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_street_heroin_cost

So, about the same.

Again, your point?

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #23 - 04/17/13 at 21:35:17

houstonbofh wrote on 04/17/13 at 20:48:21:
srinath wrote on 04/17/13 at 05:24:34:

Cool.
Srinath.

OK.  Well $2 in 1903 is worth $39.50 now.
http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

And Heroin on the street ranges from $5-$6 for a bag to $50 for a bundle.

So, about the same.

Again, your point?

He never has one and now that you have brought up tangible facts that interfere with his dream world he is going to go into deflect and tangent mode.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 04/18/13 at 05:50:36

Ooo Inflation calculator ... I love it. What did a TV cost in 1903 ? How about a computer ? and in 2013 ?

Somethings cant be inflation calculated ... but I accept 39.50.

And here is the misinformation dispersion - same link -

But here is the complete text instead of the misleading bits you posted.

Nah, homey. On the east coast 1 bag (or book) is supposed to be 1/10 of a gram, but usually nyc bags are about 40-60mgs. NJ bags are 5-6$ per bag and weigh a pathetic 20-40mgs if u r lucky.

a bundle in nyc is about 90$, in NJ about $40-60.
A brick is 5 bundles, and is usually the cost of 4 bundles (getting the 5th bundle
free)
next up is finger of raw
then a sleeve
In Newark, a bundle is around $60-$80 for quality stuff. Outside of Newark in smaller cities you can end up paying $10 straight through, no breakdown, maybe your guy will do 11 for $100 or 10 for $90. The cheap stuff is $50, meaning the garbage that is cut down so much that you can barely call it heroin. A single bag (.1g) can go between $6-10, but will go down the more you buy. A typical brick in Newark of the fire will be between $275-$300, $250 if you have the hook up. In the suburbs the price will rocket a $8 bag to about $15. Sometimes it's gone as high as $20-$25. "It's all about who you know."

On the west coast in northern cali, its tar, which is about 20-40$ a gram, then 8 balls (3.5 g) for 80-120$, and ounzes (a sandwich size bag about an 1in thick) for about 400$ in the east bay.

In LA and in mission district, they sell 10$ pea size amounts in balloons. if u buy 5, u get 1 free or something like that.

You do know that 1903 heroin was straight pure liquid right ? You add enough baking powder to it, it can be a few tons and be pretty cheap right.

And all of this is smuggled in from Mexico. The return trip they take guns and ammo and cash. We will simply make the bullets and guns come from mexico as well, we'd cut down the heroin inflow as well by imposing a bullet tax.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #25 - 04/18/13 at 20:26:13

srinath wrote on 04/18/13 at 05:50:36:
You do know that 1903 heroin was straight pure liquid right ?

Not true.  Heroin is a powder at room temperatures.  It can be a suspension, but even in water that takes some heat.  As a matter of fact, what you are probably mistakenly referring to is Laudanum, which was also known as "Tincture of Opium."  By this time the relative strengths, both then and now, are impossible to guess.  That is why both then and now so many people overdosed and the same amount they always take.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 04/18/13 at 20:42:05

This was a bottle looked like dark glass about the size of a robitussin bottle or more like that shape but may have been larger in the pic I saw. It was clearly written "heroin" on it. The rest of the writing neither could I read too well, not can I remember.  
I know this weakens my case - cos obviously its mixed into a suspension so not pure - but that was what I saw.
This was "framed antique art" of sorts. It was under glass. Just a conversation piece and good for a laugh now.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #27 - 04/19/13 at 20:33:42

srinath wrote on 04/18/13 at 20:42:05:
This was "framed antique art" of sorts. It was under glass. Just a conversation piece and good for a laugh now.

As long as it is a credible source...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 04/20/13 at 05:49:34

houstonbofh wrote on 04/19/13 at 20:33:42:
srinath wrote on 04/18/13 at 20:42:05:

As long as it is a credible source...    Roll Eyes

Oh you can google that ... the 1903 sears catalog is a well documented item. Nothing unreliable about that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #29 - 04/20/13 at 08:52:59

Heroin and other opiates are stored in dark containers for stability. And turn of the 20th century mail order was powder. In brown glass jars or bottles. There was a doctor's office on our property from before the War of Northern Aggression to sometime in the 1890s. We've dug up plenty of old drug vials here to see how products were packaged.

Brown glass with a rubber lined metal cap. Have dug up opiate vials, arsenic and strychnine compounds, brass syringes, etc.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How is gun powder made ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.