Margaret Thatcher (Read 219 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Margaret Thatcher
Reply #15 - 04/15/13 at 11:50:12

WebsterMark wrote on 04/15/13 at 09:05:55:
Unions had their time and played their role in moving the USA forward. They were a force for good at one time. However, they've become the monster they ate; perhaps worse than the monster they fought ever was.

OK sadly while this is true, however unions have reversed themselves - the nadir of unions was the early 90's ... when it was run by the mob. They have gotten weaker and weaker and actually cleaner and cleaner.

One important aspect you are forgetting - all industrially advanced nations and some not so advanced have subsidized their manufacturing far more heavily not to mention more unionised. They also dont have to worry about retiree health care or even employee health care. You should stop comparing some theoretical utopia where Ron paul is president, Illegal aliens are in jail, and anchor babies are anchoring their parents in the 3rd world and smell the diesel fumes from trucks flying through from mexico ... Without unions, factories will be filled with Illegals, and the american workers will die of starvation.

That is of course until the Illegals get citizenship for doing jobs american workers wont do, and since now they are american ... guess what they wont do it either. We then need new illegals to do the jobs americans wont do.

Rush "sadly I may have run out of middle names for this guy but in this context it is not needed" Limbaugh sometime back n 2007-08 (Y'know where we may have had some hope of redemption) was going on and on for 1 hour about how arab terrorists will find "Illegal alien invaders" and pay them 100K+ etc to bomb small towns and what not ... after listening to it for nearly 1 hr waiting @ a muffler shop I think - he was about to close when some Illegal called in ... and said "he said he was not going to commit a crime cos he's made his home here for 35 years" blah blah ... and rush said ... OK you've lived here for 35 years ... so you've been a criminal for 35 years and you're telling me you wont commit a crime ... you already have and you should spend atleast 35 years in jail my friend.

Finally I found something to agree with Rush Limbaugh on.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #16 - 04/15/13 at 13:16:39

Unions had their time and played their role in moving the USA forward. They were a force for good at one time. However, they've become the monster they ate; perhaps worse than the monster they fought ever was.

I wonder if it was just a coincidence, I wonder if the unions were just looking for an in, like they did in Russia, to overthrow capitalism and setup a soviet style system with them in charge. Kinda worked by the end of the 60s and early 70s but then, as always happens, they ran out of other people's money.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 04/15/13 at 14:32:46

Dane Allen wrote on 04/15/13 at 13:16:39:

I wonder if it was just a coincidence, I wonder if the unions were just looking for an in, like they did in Russia, to overthrow capitalism and setup a soviet style system with them in charge. Kinda worked by the end of the 60s and early 70s but then, as always happens, they ran out of other people's money.

I cant find anything about this via google or yahoo, so I am assuming it came straight from an overactive imagination coupled with a good infusion of "facts" from Faux news.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #18 - 04/16/13 at 13:13:54

Unions negotiate contracts that set out the terms of employment between a worker and a company. Unfortunately employers in heavily unionized countries de-humanize employees, and regard them as a liability, rather than an asset.
Back in the day unions were necessary to bring working conditions up to a safe level. Unfortunately it also bred an "us and them" attitude.
As far as union workers go, they can't improve their situation no matter how hard they work, so they become disillusioned (here I am busting my bum, and Fred over there is doing far less work and getting the same pay as me) and do the minimum amount of work to keep their jobs.
Unions are a part of our cultural outlook as well. A Japanese auto manufacturer built a huge plant here in Ontario with the intention of treating employees as they were treated in Japan. It didn't work because our culture is an "us and them" culture and the workers were unwilling to give their trust to the employer.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 04/16/13 at 17:13:43

Dane Allen wrote on 04/15/13 at 13:16:39:

I guess the fact that I cant find anything about this on Google implies this is another argument I have lost huh ... sad ... I have lost both arms, and legs, and my tongue isn't working either, and I am posting this with my hair ... and I am pretty bald ... so I lose all around I guess.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 04/16/13 at 22:39:54

Can we expect a flag of surrender then?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 04/17/13 at 05:36:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/16/13 at 22:39:54:

No I am arm less, leg less, tounge less and my hair is all that is left to post. I cant be waving no flag ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #22 - 04/17/13 at 08:59:10

Do you have him on the ropes? I still see him posting a lot, are you making any headway with reason and logic?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 04/17/13 at 16:03:51

Dane Allen wrote on 04/17/13 at 08:59:10:

Do you have him on the ropes? I still see him posting a lot, are you making any headway with reason and logic?

Not even close - JOG is still avoiding this gem here -

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/13 at 16:37:58:
Again, you fail, It hits AMERICA,

Yup ... It hits AMERICA. Yea ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 04/17/13 at 23:51:18

You continue to play the Class thing,It hits everyone.not JUst the Poor,, you parrot.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 04/18/13 at 06:12:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/17/13 at 23:51:18:
You continue to play the Class thing,It hits everyone.not JUst the Poor,, you parrot.

Well I'd believe that, except the top 1-2%, has got richer and richer during the recession. Its almost like the recession was cover for them firing their employees, and re hiring them @ lower and lower wages. Which they did BTW.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 04/18/13 at 09:46:38

So, next time I see you crying for "The Poor" , what youre really talking about is the lower 98%?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 04/18/13 at 11:27:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/18/13 at 09:46:38:
So, next time I see you crying for "The Poor" , what youre really talking about is the lower 98%?

That isn't the poor, its the non rich.

We dont have a 98% poverty rate thankfully, cos we didn't elect Mitt "I would lower my taxes to 0% and raise y'all's taxs to 98% so you can all then work for me for pennies" RMoney to the office of president.

It isn't affecting america JOG, the top 2% or so - maybe its 2.5, or 1.5 ... somewhere in there, those guys are not only not being hit my the crap, they are profiting from the crap that's hitting the rest of us.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #28 - 04/18/13 at 11:52:45

srinath wrote on 04/18/13 at 11:27:26:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/18/13 at 09:46:38:

That isn't the poor, its the non rich.

We dont have a 98% poverty rate thankfully, cos we didn't elect Mitt "I would lower my taxes to 0% and raise y'all's taxs to 98% so you can all then work for me for pennies" RMoney to the office of president.

It isn't affecting america JOG, the top 2% or so - maybe its 2.5, or 1.5 ... somewhere in there, those guys are not only not being hit my the crap, they are profiting from the crap that's hitting the rest of us.

Cool.
Srinath.

I think the funniest part of all this is that there were no Conservatives in the last election. We had "Left of Lenin" Obama and "Center Left" Romney, the pro-abortion, big government, liberal republican from Massachusettes. Romney lost not only because liberals want free stuff and to steal from hard working Americans but if you have to chose between two liberals then you may as well go with the one who is really good at it. Romney is the diet coke of liberalsim, Obama is the Everclear of liberalism.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 04/18/13 at 12:00:46

Funny yes, but no I dont think so -

This is more like it.

I think the funniest part of all this is that there were no Conservatives in the last election. We had "Center Left" Obama, and "Left of stalin" RMoney the pro-abortion, big government, communist tax dodging republican from Massachusettes. Romney lost not only because liberals found out RMoney had no honesty or personality and was using the tax code to enrich himself by stealing from hard working Americans but if you have to chose between two liberals then you may as well go with the one who is really good at it. Romney is the everclear of communism, Obama is the Everclear of liberalism. [/quote]

Hey you were 1/2 right ... and That last sentence was killer.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:58:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Margaret Thatcher

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.