Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This wont affect me much,  I'll neverforgive King (Read 175 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
This wont affect me much,  I'll neverforgive King
04/09/13 at 02:04:01

Its not going to be good for my children and grandchildren. I wont forgive King Obama for this one. His line of thinking is if he poisons us all it will be easier to take our guns. After he buddied up with the guy from Monsanto ( i'm terrible with names) I new it was all over. I' I'm correct he put the Monsanto dickhead on his cabinet. He also buddied up with Rohm Emmanuel, think it had to do with the Goldman Sach's contribution. How could anyone like that despicable human being? He's probably bleeding Chicago dry while his people that depend on him get slaughtered in the srteets every night.Had to lay off a big percentage of the police force, the money is probably in the Caymans.      
Why Did President Obama Sign Monsanto Protection into Law?

In a move that has stunned and angered many Americans, President Barack Obama recently signed into law a spending bill that included a devastating provision that puts Monsanto above the law. As reported by Salon Magazine:3

“That bill, the HR 933 continuing resolution,4 was mainly aimed at averting a government shutdown and ensuring that the federal government would continue to be able to pay its bills for the next six months. But food and public safety advocates and independent farmers are furious that Obama signed it despite its inclusion of language that they consider to be a gift to Monsanto Company and other firms that produce genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) seeds and crops.

The protests come on the heels of a massive petition campaign organized by the advocacy group Food Democracy Now, which gathered the signatures of more than 200,000 people who wanted Obama to veto HR 933 in order to stop Section 735 — the so-called 'Monsanto Protection Act' — from being codified into law. But Obama ignored it, instead choosing to sign a bill that effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of GMO or GE crops and seeds, no matter what health consequences from the consumption of these products may come to light in the future.”

The provision, innocently called the “Farmer Assurance Provision,” which opponents have dubbed the “Monsanto Protection Act,” limits the ability of judges to stop Monsanto and/or farmers growing their genetically engineered seeds from growing or harvesting those crops, even if courts find evidence of potential health risks. In essence, it strips judges of their constitutional mandate to protect you and the environment, and permits biotech companies unrivaled freedom to plant untested GE crops regardless of the risks, and leaves victims — be it farmers or consumers — without legal recourse.

“...those who are angry at Obama for signing the bill are also incensed with Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., who is accused of failing to give the amendment that inserted the language a proper hearing,” Salon writes.

“In this hidden backroom deal, Sen. Mikulski turned her back on consumer, environmental and farmer protection in favor of corporate welfare for biotech companies such as Monsanto,” Andrew Kimbrell, executive director of the Center for Food Safety, said in a statement. “This abuse of power is not the kind of leadership the public has come to expect from Sen. Mikulski or the Democrat Majority in the Senate.”  How many times is it gonna take King Obama to do something above the law before we do something?

Not surprisingly, Monsanto’s fingerprints are all over this. One of the rider’s biggest supporters, Senator Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) allegedly worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill. Blunt recently told Politico:5

“What it says is if you plant a crop that is legal to plant when you plant it, you get to harvest it. But it is only a one-year protection in that bill.”

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: This wont affect me much,  I'll neverforgive K
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 05:43:22

Midnight ? you didn't think Obama was some sort of smart and good person in absolute terms did you ?
Please tell me you were not under that misconception ? Seriously no one - I doubt even 1 thought he was the ideal. Those that voted for him once or twice did so cos he was just better than the other. That was it.

In 2008 I was not that much pro Obama. I'd have taken McCain if he hadn't picked Palin. I'd have voted McCain/Palin If Obama had picked Hilary. I'd have voted Ron Paul no matter what was on any other part of that ticket.

2012 - I voted against RMoney/Ryan. That was it. I'd have voted for Hilary if she was on the democratic ticket and RMoney was on the R.

We cant keep putting dirt bags on the ticket and complain when the slightly less filled bags of dirt get to the throne.

The system is fundamentally flawed. It is rigged @ the primary and fund raising level. I'd be tempted to ban all advertising, all the bus tours all the yard signs and bumper stickers, have 6-8 debates @ primary and 4-5 @ general and run the election without any one being able to spend any $. That way they dont need to fund raise. They can work @ their job and run for election and if elected they move up and after 1 term, they are out. We have to get the $ out of politics.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 04/09/13 at 12:13:28

I voted for him the first time. Something scared me the last election and I wrote in Ron Paul. The only thing King Obama has over RMoney is I think he's less likely to start a war. The King is backing his donors and promoters just like all the rest, poisoning us in the meantime and trying to disarm us. I wanna see the Pubs run Rand Paul and DR Carson in 2016. I'm all for no party and just vote for the man. You're either right or wrong and both parties are neither. I believe $100 should be the maximum election donation and we should have more debate broadcast time with the canditates,not commercials

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #3 - 04/10/13 at 10:34:10

Midnight -

Another example of a wasted vote.  Too bad you didn't vote where it may have done some good.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/10/13 at 13:05:47

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 04/10/13 at 10:34:10:
Midnight -

Another example of a wasted vote.  Too bad you didn't vote where it may have done some good.

I was just about to say this same thing.
Voting for the winner or the runner up is the only useful vote in a 2 party system. Sad reality.
Here is my hypothetical - what would RMoney have done different.
1. Give tax breaks to the wealthy.
2. He'd have clamped down on guns even harder, making the right very angry but you see he was a hardcore moderate. There is no reason to believe he'd have let the second amendment be.

I dont think Obama has made any difference in the hierarchy of this particular rant.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 04/10/13 at 14:45:59

Given Obama has only been the "Great Divider" and has exaserbated the rift between the 2 parties...

I expect Romney to be a better moderator and generate some compromise and actually get something done.

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 04/10/13 at 18:33:50

verslagen1 wrote on 04/10/13 at 14:45:59:
Given Obama has only been the "Great Divider" and has exaserbated the rift between the 2 parties...

I expect Romney to be a better moderator and generate some compromise and actually get something done.

Is that cos he was the moderate-est republican in the fray ?

I doubt it, but we can resolve that when 2016 comes by and if he were to enter and get elected.

But, I think he'd have knee jerked to the CT shooting far more strongly than Obama, and the republicans would have caved cos they are sold out from within.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/11/13 at 09:17:41

Here's the one thing Romney would have, without a doubt, done:
Kept the democrats on their toes.

Right now Obama is enacting all sorts of things that, if it were anyone else, the democrats wouldn't begin to tolerate...
but, since he has a "D" after his name the democrats are collectively turning a blind eye.

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 04/11/13 at 11:05:10

Paraquat wrote on 04/11/13 at 09:17:41:

Right now Obama is enacting all sorts of things that, if it were anyone else, the democrats wouldn't begin to tolerate...
but, since he has a "D" after his name the democrats are collectively turning a blind eye.

--Steve

Like how they were against the wars before they were for them now that Obama is at the helm.
Like how they were against waterboarding and torture before they were for them.
Like how they were for the wars before they were against them before they were for them again.
Like how they were against deficits before they were for them now that Obama is creating them.
The list goes on...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/11/13 at 13:19:59

Paraquat wrote on 04/11/13 at 09:17:41:

--Steve

And we wanted to keep repugs on their toes - so we voted in Obama - kapische ...

And none of the BS like -

Like how they were against the wars before they were for them now that Obama is at the helm.
Like how they were against waterboarding and torture before they were for them.
Like how they were for the wars before they were against them before they were for them again.
Like how they were against deficits before they were for them now that Obama is creating them.
The list goes on...

is true - but dont let all the facts get in the way ...

BTW wasn't it Dickhead Cheney who said this gem - "Reagan proved that deficits dont matter" so who was it that was for them but against them since Obama is partially @ the helm.

RMoney will have done something different, right after he lowered his taxes to I dunno 3% ... cos you know, the govt  just wastes them, so he and his rich friends dont need to pay it. you working class stiffs just pay up an extra 10% and its gonna be fine, we are going to soon be the United communist american states anyway.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 04/11/13 at 19:11:52

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 04/10/13 at 10:34:10:
Midnight -

Jerry I know it was a protest But I was ashamed to vote for either one of them. I wanted to vote for someone that wouldn't take any crap off of anyone and someone the billionaires couldn't buy. I don't regret it, I just wish there were better canditates. I'm like you, I like Dr Carson. Rand Paul is not his dad but so far when I've heard him speak it made common since, not a lot of lies and empty promises. I participated in a poll a few weeks ago and they had all the RepublicanCandidates that ran last year including Herman Caine LOL. There was one space for a write in. I wrote in Rand Paul. I got the results of the poll and Rand Paul won, 81% and he was a write in. Maybe things are looking up, I certainly hope so. Dr Carson and Rand would be a great pair and I don't care which one is president, as long as it is one of them.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/12/13 at 06:12:20

I was liking this guy:
http://www.buddyroemer.com/splash
He said he's dropping out though.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 04/12/13 at 17:55:20

Ron paul was a better choice for 2008, once the bail out's were handed out, Ron Paul seemed to be pissing in the wind. Yea that anchor baby part of our constitution needs to be unceremoniously shredded ... but otherwise he was off target.

Pre bail out, he was spot on.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 04/16/13 at 11:45:23

Doesnt matter which creep we vote for in the long run. The "advisers" are ALL from the same Think Tanks. They are puppets for the globalists, period. Reagan was trying to do what was right for America, so, they put a bullet in him. After that, Bush held the reins for the most part. Bush family is part of the group who want to take America down,.
Clinton was well smart enough to see the long term damage Nafta would do, yet, he signed it,
If all the bad decisions were just honest mistakes, then why dont they ever screw up & NOT screw US?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 04/16/13 at 17:20:55

JOG - I think clinton shafted mexico (among other fat chicks) with NAFTA.

This is my thinking behind it: The jobs that went to mexico in 1996 went to china in 2000. However we still get to dump our subsidized corn there and have killed their agriculture. So he gave it to mexico for 4 years before china took it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:09:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This wont affect me much,  I'll neverforgive King

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.