Send Topic Print
Margaret Thatcher (Read 219 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Margaret Thatcher
04/09/13 at 10:04:00

A rare leader sadly lacking in today's world. God speed Mrs. Thatcher.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Margaret Thatcher
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 10:08:39

WebsterMark wrote on 04/09/13 at 10:04:00:
A rare leader sadly lacking in today's world. God speed Mrs. Thatcher.

A great Lady and a great Human Being, she was a true protector of what is right, true and just. She is a strong role model and was a wise leader.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 04/09/13 at 12:28:15

RIP , you deserve it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 04/09/13 at 13:28:18

Smart women she raised taxs when needed,So was Ronald Reagan he raised taxes 7 out of the 8 years he was in office.Reagan's problem was he spend to much money.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/10/13 at 19:17:50

I have 1 point to add though to this Thatcher love fest here.

Do you know of 1 worthwhile thing to come out of england once she got to the throne - It was late 79 wasn't it ? Yea anything decent/cool/collectible ?

Yea didn't think so. OK OK some 79 cars were fine, but they had been designed and built several years prior to 79.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 04/11/13 at 19:44:31

srinath wrote on 04/10/13 at 19:17:50:

Do you know of 1 worthwhile thing to come out of england once she got to the throne - It was late 79 wasn't it ? Yea anything decent/cool/collectible ?

Yea didn't think so. OK OK some 79 cars were fine, but they had been designed and built several years prior to 79.

Cool.
Srinath.

Much like yourself. Nothing decent/cool/collectable has come out of your mouth since you "claimed" your throne on this forum!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Webster! Just had to get that off my chest!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/12/13 at 05:03:44

He’s always reminded me of a compilation of Beavis and Butthead….

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 04/12/13 at 18:17:55

Say anything you like, you're getting tired of losing that's what I read when I see these weak posts. Sorry webby, you're losing and losing bad.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/13/13 at 06:21:01

It’s always nice when someone reinforces your point for you. Thanks dude.

Cool.
Webster

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 04/13/13 at 09:35:36

srinath wrote on 04/10/13 at 19:17:50:

Cool.
Srinath.

Srinath, sometimes you amaze me. Posts like this indicate that you don't care what you say, or whether or not it has anything to do with the topic or not, and THAT tells me you just post to see yourself in print, and that you get your jollies by contradicting what other people say, just for the sake of contradicting. (sorry- do I need to use smaller sentences?) Of your last 25 posts, one was NOT in the tall table, and was actually useful advice. It seems to me that you should find a forum that deals exclusively with politics and religion and hang out there, if they will let you. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 04/13/13 at 20:34:50

You dont have to tell me where to go, thank you very much.

OK let me get back to my point and make it as a point than as a bumper sticker.

The cool vehicles of the british auto industry were all designed and built in the heyday of unionism. The MG's TD's, B's etc, the austins, the Mini's, the triumph spitfires, the Jag xke's as well as norton, bsa and triumph motorcycles.

In the 50's and 60's where the factories were unionised everyone had a stake in the company and man did they build some really cool cars and bikes. The 70's came around and the cars while designed well (they were older design usually) and union vs management disputes lead to cars coming out of the factory looking pretty but every other one was a "monday morning job".

Then of course Thatcher comes along and kills the unions. And with it we lose triumph, MG, and all the rest of em. Think about it, how did union busting lead to the demise of the whole company ? and the industry ?

So like they seem to say in england "Ding dong the witch is dead".

India was the only place that made a "british" motorcycle - the enfield.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/14/13 at 04:34:59

In the 50's and 60's where the factories were unionised everyone had a stake in the company and man did they build some really cool cars and bikes.

At the height of Detroit’s union success; ‘everyone had a stake’ and the cars were crap. Union takes away competition and competition is what drives quality. The fools protesting Thatcher are the equivalent of the suburban teenagers I saw last year marching in the local OWS parade wearing $90 Nike’s his evil corporate sell-out daddy bought him for Christmas….

Part of the ‘cool cars and bikes form the 50’s and 60’s is the result of looking through rose colored glasses. The war was over and new products were flooding the market. Bikes were just coming into their own back then. Motorcycle innovation was just starting to hit the beginnings of mainstream. By the way,  I saw one of the brand new Gold Wings and the technology is simply amazing. Of course it’s $20K too….

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 04/15/13 at 00:45:18

The britsh cars and bikes of that period were just gorgeous. They worked ... well to be kind - when they wanted.
The american cars were not that good looking - but TBH had their high points - 56 bel air, 65 mustang etc etc, and these 2 were comparable.

I dont count these as lacking competition - there were no japanese, we still had german and these 2 competing with each other.

You should realize every industralised country subsidizes their major - including the auto industry and most of them are more so than the US, then or now. Europe and japan has full on health care among other things. And they have always had.

In the shadow of what effectively happened in england - the death of all the auto companies we know and being replaced by Japanese and american effectively killed the auto industry for england. Completely to be laid @ Thatcher's feet.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 04/15/13 at 09:02:45

WebsterMark wrote on 04/14/13 at 04:34:59:
In the 50's and 60's where the factories were unionised everyone had a stake in the company and man did they build some really cool cars and bikes.

At the height of Detroit’s union success; ‘everyone had a stake’ and the cars were crap. Union takes away competition and competition is what drives quality. The fools protesting Thatcher are the equivalent of the suburban teenagers I saw last year marching in the local OWS parade wearing $90 Nike’s his evil corporate sell-out daddy bought him for Christmas….

Part of the ‘cool cars and bikes form the 50’s and 60’s is the result of looking through rose colored glasses. The war was over and new products were flooding the market. Bikes were just coming into their own back then. Motorcycle innovation was just starting to hit the beginnings of mainstream. By the way,  I saw one of the brand new Gold Wings and the technology is simply amazing. Of course it’s $20K too….

Great context!! Nostalgia is a pretty fowerful force. The only goal of unions was and is to perpetuate the union. It's like a pseudo-government always needing more and more dues.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/15/13 at 09:05:55

Unions had their time and played their role in moving the USA forward. They were a force for good at one time. However, they've become the monster they ate; perhaps worse than the monster they fought ever was.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:24:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Margaret Thatcher

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.