Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
5 prominent countries, dollar no more (Read 198 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
5 prominent countries, dollar no more
04/01/13 at 18:18:25

"The U.S Dollar is quickly losing its status as the world reserve currency. Five of the top ten economies in the world, plus a few others, no longer use the dollar as an intermediary currency for trade. This trend poses a huge risk to the dollar and the United States along with it.

ZeroHedge points out today that Australia, the world's 12th-ranked economy, has now joined a growing list of nations that have agreed to bypass the dollar in bilateral trade with China. China, ranked 2nd behind the U.S., also has similar agreements with Japan (3rd), Brazil (6th), India (9th), and Russia (10th).

Although unilateral agreements have been in place for some time between China and the countries listed above, last week the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) agreed to set up a development bank to compete with the IMF, indicating it's gearing up to compete in a post-dollar world.

Additionally, Brazil, who agreed in principle to drop the dollar with bilateral trade with China some time ago, just made it official with $30 billion in annual currency swaps which will facilitate around 50% of all trade between them.

Besides those agreements with China, some of these nations have made other similar agreements with each other. India and Japan began swapping $15 billion in each other's currency in 2011 to handle their bilateral trade. And the sanctions against Iran haven't stopped them from trading oil with China, Russia, and India in anything but the dollar."                Wont be too much longer the dollar will be worthless here and we'll find out what the 1.6 billion bullets are for.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: 5 prominent countries, dollar no more
Reply #1 - 04/01/13 at 20:35:34

They will all love it ... till china shafts them.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/02/13 at 06:17:07

Can't wait.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/02/13 at 08:33:48

Not to mention Russia ...

Anyway IMF is a loan shark, its time for it to die.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/02/13 at 09:30:00

IMF & World Bank,, both evil. Look at the countries that have "Needed to be liberated from their ( often democratically elected) leaders" since the 80's. Diary of, or tales of, I cant remember,, something about "Economic Hit Man",, tells how IMF & World Bank try to get national leaders to take "Loans" & put the nations natural resources & infrastructure up for collateral., ALL The While, the real agreement is to NOT repay the loan, but by defaulting, the country gets effectively taken over by the Globalists behind the IMF & W.B... Notice what happens when someone Wont play ball?

Hussein, Gaddafi,, & some of the guys in south america who got clobbered in the 70's & 80's.

&, when the dollars that are "Out there" are no longer needed for international trade, the holders will eventually send them home. Thats gonna be double pain, as we will have inflation coupled with a decreasing demand for our dollars. As the value of those dollars starts to decline, major holders, like China, are gonna have a big decision to make, Dump their holdings & take the loss or try to prop up the value of the dollar to protect their investment,,My crystal ball doesnt see what they do, but I wouldnt be shocked to see them over here buying the last of the big manufacturers, Hoover Dam, Major utilities, etc, dropping plane loads of bills into our pool of currency, inflating our $$$ supply far beyond the demand for the dollar, & then we will see wheelbarrows of cash to buy a loaf of bread,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #5 - 04/02/13 at 09:49:21

have you been down the bread isle lately? were not far from that now.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 04/02/13 at 15:01:57

I sadly have to concur. It is unfortunate the either that congress either fails to note this or are blindly following the advice of those that do not have the nations interest at heart.

I had not thought of China as spending their dollars on US resources, good catch. Something to watch for as a marker. I do know that China has made some large land purchases in the last year, supposedly with deals that they can run the extraction of resources without honoring US labor laws... though EPA law was not mentioned. I didn't put much stock into it at the time.

The best I can do is to keep my debt as low as possible, and I bought just a tad of metals... nothing that would last long if I had to spend it.

Of course my investment in ammo... has done very well! If I had a mind to I could double or triple my money.

Silly how 17 pounds of "free" wheel weights has gone up in value.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #7 - 04/02/13 at 15:57:01

Thank president Nixon for our friendship with China,Just another smart republican move.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 04/02/13 at 16:59:26

bill67 wrote on 04/02/13 at 15:57:01:
Thank president Nixon for our friendship with China,Just another smart republican move.

I am soo glad I got here before this little gem mysteriously disappears. Ok, wiping tears away...ok so you are blaming Richard Nixon for the sorry state the union is in because he opened diplomatic relations with China in 1972. 41 years ago Nixon began to ease the relationship between China and the West and that is why Obama is printing reams of dollars and increasing our debt by the trillions???

Is the "Blame Bush" mantra running out of steam now? I'm pretty sure you could cover for Obamas failures by blaming something on every Republican president since 1900 but please expect to be mocked and ridiculed for these statements. I will refrain from the brutal sarcasm to which I could have written here as a gesture of respect for your views, more respect that I have received from liberals for mine.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/02/13 at 17:41:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/02/13 at 09:30:00:
&, when the dollars that are "Out there" are no longer needed for international trade, the holders will eventually send them home. Thats gonna be double pain, as we will have inflation coupled with a decreasing demand for our dollars. As the value of those dollars starts to decline, major holders, like China, are gonna have a big decision to make, Dump their holdings & take the loss or try to prop up the value of the dollar to protect their investment,,My crystal ball doesnt see what they do, but I wouldnt be shocked to see them over here buying the last of the big manufacturers, Hoover Dam, Major utilities, etc, dropping plane loads of bills into our pool of currency, inflating our $$$ supply far beyond the demand for the dollar, & then we will see wheelbarrows of cash to buy a loaf of bread,

Yup, the chinese are going buy the hoover darn, then they are going to "move it to china" It will be their hoover dam.

Dude you can sit in a foreign country and buy any bloody thing in the US you like ... then they can be denied a visa to come to the US to look at their darn dam.

We really can milk them dry if they buy american real estate.

We can hit em with a "your grass is not mowed" ticket and charge them 1000 bucks fine. They cant come here to mow it, we deny them a visa, they will have to hire a local to mow it. That local knowing he's dealing with the chinese, will charge them $1000 bucks to "set up them" as a client. Then around the $999 mark, say that they cant accept their currency, they dont take checks form foreign country (can blame the nigerian check cashing scam) and say they have to remit the $ in person ...
I have been outside the US and tried to get a visa to get in, nope ... they dont care what you have to say why you need to get into the country.

Chinese or japanese or anyone buying american hard assets is a sure fire way to them losing their $$$.

And sorry I really see russia and china screwing everyone else over, and the whole "Brics" groups throwing bricks @ each other.

If they do manage to create an IMF clone, that would get the IMF to collapse, that cant be bad at all. My hope is India doesn't get shafted in the process.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 04/03/13 at 03:50:15

Dane Allen wrote on 04/02/13 at 16:59:26:

I am soo glad I got here before this little gem mysteriously disappears. Ok, wiping tears away...ok so you are blaming Richard Nixon for the sorry state the union is in because he opened diplomatic relations with China in 1972. 41 years ago Nixon began to ease the relationship between China and the West and that is why Obama is printing reams of dollars and increasing our debt by the trillions???

Is the "Blame Bush" mantra running out of steam now? I'm pretty sure you could cover for Obamas failures by blaming something on every Republican president since 1900 but please expect to be mocked and ridiculed for these statements. I will refrain from the brutal sarcasm to which I could have written here as a gesture of respect for your views, more respect that I have received from liberals for mine.

If it wasn't for Nixon Wal Mart wouldn't have anything to sell.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 04/03/13 at 06:06:03

And remember the I in nIxon stands for Integrity.

Yea look it up, the republicon slogan from back in the day.
Right up there with the "Dewey defeats Truman" genius. Man they are geniuses, with a capital J.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #12 - 04/03/13 at 06:22:51

Nixon must have made some money,He took a early retirement from the White House.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 04/03/13 at 06:31:18

Also I was far more pessimistic about the USD from 2005-2010. The ascendancy of the euro was truly bad news for us.

The columbian drug lords meeting with the mexican drug cartels and trading stuff in USD ... only happens in movies ... hollywood B movies to be exact, cos they dont know what currency columbia or mexico has.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #14 - 04/03/13 at 09:32:51

bill67 wrote on 04/03/13 at 03:50:15:
Dane Allen wrote on 04/02/13 at 16:59:26:

If it wasn't for Nixon Wal Mart wouldn't have anything to sell.

Ok, that is pretty funny  Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 03:06:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 5 prominent countries, dollar no more

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.