Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Valve cover gasket
Reply #30 - 04/04/13 at 09:24:37

Chances are this is what you need... it's a $10.00 plug cap,... and it's under the head cover... just resealing the head cover won't fix it... you need a new plug...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099227295

... if you have no other option,.. just print out the How-to page here... and take it to the mechanic...
(they just don't know Savages)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Head gasket
Reply #31 - 04/04/13 at 09:26:31

JRLeathercraft:

I spliced this topic......This is the same subject you posted earlier, and we have already told you about the valve cover gaskets.

See reply #25 on the page 2 of this thread.

It only takes 2 screws each to remove the cap and replace the O-ring, however you will have to take the seat and tank off to get to the rear one.

THe part you need is 2 of the O-Rings part number 09280-6004, and they list for $ 2.93 each.  You can open the attached link and see the cap #38 that you need to remove and O-ring #39 that you need to replace.
http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432111&catego...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
JRLeathercraft

I'm not a biker, I
just own one.

Reply #32 - 04/04/13 at 09:29:02

Thank you

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #33 - 04/04/13 at 17:32:36

Dave wrote on 04/04/13 at 09:26:31:
JRLeathercraft:

I spliced this topic......This is the same subject you posted earlier, and we have already told you about the valve cover gaskets.

See reply #25 on the page 2 of this thread.

It only takes 2 screws each to remove the cap and replace the O-ring, however you will have to take the seat and tank off to get to the rear one.

THe part you need is 2 of the O-Rings part number 09280-6004, and they list for $ 2.93 each.  You can open the attached link and see the cap #38 that you need to remove and O-ring #39 that you need to replace.
http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432111&catego...

+1

JR, took a real good look at your photos and the only trace of oil I can see is around the inspection caps. Dave is right, you need new o-rings for your caps. Easy fix.  Smiley

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
JRLeathercraft

I'm not a biker, I
just own one.

Reply #34 - 04/04/13 at 18:06:58

Thank you.   Jay

IP Logged
ThumperKat
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #35 - 04/09/13 at 19:45:38

My '86 Savage has the 'plug' leak, I don't know when it started as when I bought it the entire bottom of the engine case was caked in old oil, prior owner didn't have a clue. Yes, it's annoying, once warm, it smokes like a frieght train from the header as it cooks oil off (it will get you lots of admiring looks from cage drivers). I've had the bike since '09 and haven't fixed it yet, I clean up leaked oil during (when parked LOL) and after a ride. It does tend to accumulate in plug area and left side due to kickstand lean..I'll get it fixed, when I can..until then, I'll keep on riding it.
* Still working on bob conversion *sigh*..maybe later this or next year.
Keep it upright and rollin'!

'86 Savage: Rusty Ruby aka Beater Baby
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:26:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Head gasket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.