Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Savage Scrambler build (Read 4582 times)
njrmahoney

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Savage Scrambler build
Reply #75 - 08/20/13 at 17:15:29

All those hoops seem to short. I will take another look

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #76 - 08/20/13 at 19:33:18

Location? I only ask because they are not difficult to fabricate, all you need is some tubing and a good bender. You can borrow mine if you are close enough.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
njrmahoney

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 08/28/13 at 16:20:56

I am in Providence RI. I would love to find that same hoop, it looks to be the perfect width also. Rides just outside the frame rather than on top.
I have an EMT bender. I suppose I could practice on some cheap tubing.

IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 09/03/13 at 00:49:22

so my latest update is that not a lot has happened recently. (I did receive my rear sprocket and machine the rear cush to accept the stainless steel socket head cap screw that I really wanted to use!)
working a lot of hours, and "managing" a 4 year old and 1 year old boy in most of my "off" time doesnt allow me much garage time.
that, and my boss kinda jumped my tushy about all of the government work i was doing. WTF?! time to look for a different job! LOL! (just kidding)
regardless, I'm soldiering on, and have what should be the remainder of my parts ordered. I'm sure I'll still need the odd and end part, bolt, fastener here or there..... as well as I plan on going to a aftermarket carb, but thats likely to be a later modification.
after my boxes (and boxes!) arrive, all that should be left is a seat covering, and paint. I fabbed up a plate to weld over the obnoxious "glory hole" that Suzuki calls "gauge placement", and that should happen this week. I'm really contemplating a replacement bung and screw in cap. I went with an RFID ignition, and a simple screw on cap would allow me to be keyless. (so that could be something else I order!) The last part I should have to fab is my brake offset arm. The KZ wheel runs a significantly larger rotor, so I'll have to make the bracket grow. That might change over the winter, as well...... I have ideas of a beautiful Brembo hanging from the front end, or possibly a replacement front end all together. I really feel that the front end is the real limiting factor in many aspects with this platform. You cant replace the tubes with a like diameter, you cant drop the front end, theres no adjustment, and with no true pinch on the top triple clamp, theres a lot of twisting going on there. add rubber mounted bars, and the front end feels like spaghetti!

parts coming include: exhaust, header wrap, 7/8" bar switches, front rotor, tail light, front sprocket, chain, and a few other small things.

I cant wait to hear the UPS truck, pics to follow!!!!

IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 09/29/13 at 00:30:44

Tail light

Kickstand bracket

Front brake rotor, EBC pro lite

Build distraction- Suzuki Bandit-1200cc muscle bike

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #80 - 09/29/13 at 01:18:36

So what size is the vintage Firestone thingy, there's a guy in the café looking for "Darkside"? info on this type of tyre.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #81 - 09/29/13 at 08:14:43

They're readily available in 16"-19".
Call Brian @ Speedmotoco
Knows his shtuff, & he's pretty fast!

IP Logged
Doody814

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #82 - 09/30/13 at 08:31:11

I'm digging the look of the rear shocks.  Are those just stock, with the lower covers removed (and painted black, obviously)?  If so, how'd ya get em off?

Sometimes when you've looked at everything, the problem ends up being the loose nut on the seat!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #83 - 09/30/13 at 09:04:18

Doody814 wrote on 09/30/13 at 08:31:11:
I'm digging the look of the rear shocks.  Are those just stock, with the lower covers removed (and painted black, obviously)?  If so, how'd ya get em off?

You have to compress them, then there's a clip on the top take out and then they come all apart like a can of snakes.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #84 - 04/05/14 at 10:03:30

reading over this build again - could it be possible to get a spacer/attachment plate machined so that you could attach the savage pulley hub to the kz400 sprocket holes? That way you get mag + pulley which would be the ultimate in my book.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #85 - 04/05/14 at 11:15:01

Easier to just use a KZ440 wheel then. Which were available with belt or chain.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #86 - 08/26/16 at 06:52:32

It's a shame Jiggyfly is selling this.  I would love to see it finished.  One on the better looking builds and it even uses the stock tank.  It has that "BSR SR400" look I'm headed towards on my bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:08:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Scrambler build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.