Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Politics...
02/21/13 at 11:00:16

Republicans have successfully drained all my interest in any serious discussion of political issues...
We are no longer dealing with opposing ideologies...
It is simply the party of no...
  For the first time ever in US history...  they have refused to raise the debt ceiling... (for you Faux news zombies,... realize,.. this doesn't lower the debt, or spending,... this is money already spent,... approved by the very people now refusing to pay for it)...  
  For the first time ever,.. Rep's have filibustered a cabinet nominee,... (and, he's a Republican nominee)... (mainly, because he was against a war that was a proven fiasco in every measure)...
  and finally,... for the first time ever,.. a Republican, has filibustered his own bill... (incomprehensible)...

... and the lies...
"Obama is spending too much... He's out of control"..
Fact... When President Obama took office, the federal deficit was $1.413 trillion dollars. Three years later, at the end of fiscal year 2012, the deficit has been cut by 25% to 1.089 trillion dollars.
Fact... spending went up, under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II,... but is down under Obama...

"Obama is expanding government"...
The number of government employees has been drastically reduced under Obama...
Note...
The two spikes at 2000 and 2010 are temporary census workers...

Obama has also increased border security, and the number of deportations...

The stock market has gone way up since he got in...

In almost any category I can think of...  Obama has been a better Republican, than the Republicans...
Republicans do nothing...
Any real conservative, should support and vote for Obama...
The Republican Party has been reduced to a bunch reality deniers.. that do absolutely nothing but obstruct and whine... and lie...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Politics...
Reply #1 - 02/21/13 at 13:11:25

Us stupid Faux News zombies probably understand the details of the federal budget as good as you PMSNBC zombies…., but help me for a moment, because I’m confused. How is that the day Obama took office, the federal debt was 10.6 trillion and today it stands at 16.5 trillion, but yet he cut the deficit by 25%???

Oh, I see what you did….. question: Are you purposely or accidently confusing debt and deficit? Debt is the total accumulated amount all annual deficits, right?

Are you purposely or accidently only looking at 2012 and ignoring the others? Another way to look at your 1.089 trillion dollar number would be to say for the 4th year in a row, the deficit topped 1 trillion dollars.

Are you purposely or only accidently ignoring debt to gdp ratio, which is the real measure of an economy’s health? I mean, doesn’t that show what you might call, return on investment? I know this is way beneath you PMSNBC guys, but its simplistic enough for us FAUX News guys to understand so bear with me. If I borrow for college, but do not get a higher income job later, my debt goes up and my gdp (economic output) goes down or remains the same, that’s bad, right?. If I borrow and my income goes, up, that’s good or at least potentially good if it’s sustainable. So, would it be logical to assume a wonderful president such as you’re describing would be able to show his economic policies for the past 4 years and projected for the future would be able to show a lowering of the debt to gdp ratio, right?

Also, as far as filibustering, are you purposely or accidently blurring the lines between an actual filibuster and a threat so sever, the nominee withdrew? (I’ll leave out the fact a filibuster today is far different than a filibuster in the past…) does the name John Bolton mean anything to you? Do you recall the name John Tower?  Hmmmmm I know PMSMBC would completely cover all these details, but I guess you must have had a bathroom break when they went over these guys in a fair and balanced manner….

mainly, because he was against a war that was a proven fiasco in every measure

Really? Is that why they are against him? Is that what Rachel Maddow told you? She didn’t mention anything about Israel?... I’m surprised because she is so unbiased and complete in her news reporting…

I doubt your interest in serious discussions is drained at all. Perhaps it's just getting harder to find clever ways to spin the diaster that is Obama.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/21/13 at 13:47:33

Web,..
The federal debt.. is money that we already spent and are  obligated by the Constitution to pay ...  Obama must pay this and the interest due, every year...  No cuts are allowed... This money has been spent...
Obama did not spend it...
Understand?.. (you can't reduce your household budget by not paying your mortgage)...Huh...
You are accidentally?,.. blaming Obama for what other presidents have spent, and we now have to pay for...

As for filibustering,... and"Israel"... I cal BS...  The Israel issue is another co-opted Republican issue... they don't really support Israel any more then Dem's... they just use the issue to pander to the religious Christian right...
Israel knows this full well.
Everyone does... excepting the Christain religious dupes...

"the diaster that is Obama."
You are a dupe...  Look at job growth numbers before and after Obama,.. look at the Labor stats,... look at the DOW, S&P, Nasdaq...

Look at Mitch McConnell as he Filibusters His Own Bill,.. and makes a historic fool of himself...
Grin Grin Grin...

... and learn to spell "disaster."...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/21/13 at 16:07:59

The federal debt.. is money that we already spent and are obligated by the Constitution to pay ... Obama must pay this and the interest due, every year... No cuts are allowed... This money has been spent...
Obama did not spend it...

Obama is advocating getting yet another credit card and maxing it out as opposed to paying what you already owe and cut spending. Obama has added almost 5 trillion dollars to the debt, I’m not sure how you can say he did not spend it. I would agree with your position and obama’s position if it were clear he was going to cut spending, but as noted in his recent address, he has no intention of cutting anything.

You are accidentally?,.. blaming Obama for what other presidents have spent, and we now have to pay for...

Again, you forget (or ignore) the fact he has added 5 trillion to this debt yet you act as if he’s cut spending. He has not.

The Israel issue is another co-opted Republican issue... they don't really support Israel any more then Dem's... they just use the issue to pander to the religious Christian right...

That’s like saying the dems co-opted civil rights, they don’t really support minorities, they just use the issue to pander for votes….  (which is far more true than your statement)

You are a dupe... Look at job growth numbers before and after Obama,.. look at the Labor stats,...

I am a dupe? ...What labor stats? More unemployed now than 4 years ago? Only the fact millions have given up looking for work or in many cases, took lower paying part itime jobs has the unemployment % moved a tiny amount downwards. It's comical to say 'look at the labor stats' and think you're actually helping the guy's cause?..

The annual worth of the middle class fell last year as it did the year before. Romney tried to shout this harsh fact but was always glossed over by the media’s lovefest with Obama. The middle class is losing ground; this is happening on obama’s watch.

Look, you loathe conservatives far more than I loathe liberals, I get that. (I can prove this by saying I would never write a post like you did calling Michelle Backman what you did....)  However, you are just wrong with Obama. His ideas to have government more deeply involved in our lives will back fire in the long run. We are doomed if we do not turn back. His way is the way of Spain, Greece, Italy… we do not need that. We can already see where it leads, why would I want to follow?...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/21/13 at 17:16:40

WebsterMark wrote on 02/21/13 at 16:07:59:
Look, you loathe conservatives far more than I loathe liberals, I get that. (I can prove this by saying I would never write a post like you did calling Michelle Backman what you did....)  

Right.... Grin Grin Grin...

Twatt, as a noun,... has two meanings... according to Oxford English Dictionary
  - vulgar slang a woman’s genitals.        
  - a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.

From the usage,.. it is clear to anyone but a total idiot, which meaning I used...
So,.. Webster, don't be such a twatt!...

The Wisdom of Bachmann
1. ”(Gay marriage) is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that.”

2. “During the last 100 days we have seen an orgy. It would make any local smorgasbord embarrassed … The government spent its wad by April 26.”

3. ”I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?”

4. ”I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back.”

5. ”Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”

6. “But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States.”

7. ”Does that mean that someone’s 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser.”

8. ”Not all cultures are equal.”

9. ”[Pelosi] is committed to her global warming fanaticism to the point where she has said she has even said she is trying to save the planet. We all know that someone did that 2,000 years ago.”

10. ”A woman (Terri Schiavo) was healthy. There was brain damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill.’

11. ”I think there is a point where you say enough is enough to government intrusion. …Does the federal government really need to know our phone numbers?”

12. “Unelected bureaucracies will decide what we can and cant get in future health insurance policy. Thats why theyre called death panels.

13. ”This cannot pass. What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn’t pass.”

14. ”Unfortunately, the Census data has become very intricate, very personal, a lot of the questions that are asked. I know for my family, the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home. We won’t be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”

15. ”And what a bizarre time we’re in, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.”

16. ”Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man!”?

17. ”It is horrific to know that in the African American community, 50 percent of all African American pregnancies in the United States end in abortion, 50 percent. That is a genocide of African Americans of the United States. It should not be. There are Americans all across this country who would love to adopt African American babies, but they can’t because 50 percent of all African American pregnancies today are ending in abortion.”

18. ”If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.”

19. ”I’m very concerned about the international moves they’re making, particularly … moving the United States off the dollar and onto a global currency, like Russia and China are calling for.”

20. ”Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of ‘The Lion King’ for instance, and a teacher might say, ‘Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?’ The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.”

21. ”There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.”

22. ”I don’t know where they’re going to get all this money because we’re running out of rich people in this country.”

23. ”This is an earthquake issue. This will change our state forever. Because the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural and perhaps they should try it.”

24. ”We will talk a little bit about what has transpired in the last 18 months and would we count what has transpired into turning our country into a nation of slaves.”

25. ”I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.”

26. “If we look at American history, between 1942 and 1947, the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt, and that’s how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I’m not saying that that’s what the Administration is planning to do, but I am saying that private personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up, in a violation of their constitutional rights, and put the Japanese in internment camps.”

27. “Lady Liberty and Sarah Palin are lit by the same torch.”

28. “The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. Its all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.”

29. “Carbon dioxide is natural, it is not harmful, it is a part of Earth’s lifecycle. And yet we’re being told that we have to reduce this natural substance, reduce the American standard of living, to create an arbitrary reduction in something that is naturally occuring in Earth.”

30. “The President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day.”

31. “I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I’m not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I’m not a scientist.”

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 02/21/13 at 17:26:40

I am conservative and I voted for Obama. I cant see any conservative voting for RMoney ... the RMoney voters are misguided single issue voters ...

I know someone who's a single mom on welfare with 2 kids and a Baby dada in prison. Guess what ... republican. Cos she owns guns. Baby dada went to prison causing an accident when OD'ing so she's not armed to protect herself against baby dada.

Pat McRory Republicon guvernor of NC cut unemployment but not welfare ... cos he knows his target voter ... gun carrying welfare cheat.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 02/21/13 at 19:47:57

srinath wrote on 02/21/13 at 17:26:40:
I am conservative ...

What?  Based on what position?

I am a beauty queen.  See?  That did not make it so...

As to the Bachman quotes, She is one person, not an entire party.

As for the Fox news stuff...  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504459156267163&set=a.484659901580422...

If it does not come through, CNN reported 155 times in 24 hours that Marco Rubio (R-FL) took a drink of water, but only 6 times in a month that Bob Menendez (D-NJ) likes underage Dominican prostitutes...  So who is fake?

Let me boil it down...  I don't trust either side to look out for me as well as I can myself.  That is one I support gun ownership, and lots of it.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 02/21/13 at 20:02:41

You're not a beauty queen ... really ... really ... dayummm ...

I am conservative ... truly ... but I am not TEA or republicon ... those are not conservative. They are religious and social conservative, of which I dont care about.

A conservative does this ...
If interest rate on 1 credit card is 0 and cash advance fees are waived for some period of time ... you take a cash advance and drop it in your savings account. I did that in 2003-2004. In effect that is what our govt is paying and we hear TEA and Repugs screaming about defishit. Booooogus ... if china wants to lend us $ in the 0% we are offering, we take it and repair our roads. If china wants the $ back, yes we print it and give back ... yea that will hurt the rich who have stashed away $$$ by causing inflation ... yea we dont care, we are not pro rich @ the cost of everyone else.

With all the parameters as they are, true fiscal conservatives will run up the defishit.
The Pro rich will want to keep the $ supply tight so their $$$ are worth more.

If interest rates were say 5-6% or more and inflation was under 4% yes by all means cut the defishit. It doesn't make sense to borrow.

This is what the 2 parties are.

Republicons - pro rich.

Democrats - pro poor.

Neither of the 2 is good. The republicons are just worse. Once again the lesser of 2 evils wins.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/21/13 at 21:14:23

From the usage,.. it is clear to anyone but a total idiot, which meaning I used...

oh please...... you know what you meant. At least have the balls to admit to it now......

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/24/13 at 05:44:10

When business people talk about what a diaster obama is, here's a perfect example; short section of an article in the WSJ.

Welcome to the strange new world of small-business hiring under ObamaCare. The law requires firms with 50 or more "full-time equivalent workers" to offer health plans to employees who work more than 30 hours a week. (The law says "equivalent" because two 15 hour a week workers equal one full-time worker.) Employers that pass the 50-employee threshold and don't offer insurance face a $2,000 penalty for each uncovered worker beyond 30 employees. So by hiring the 50th worker, the firm pays a penalty on the previous 20 as well.
These employment cliffs are especially perverse economic incentives. Thousands of employers will face a $40,000 penalty if they dare expand and hire a 50th worker. The law is effectively a $2,000 tax on each additional hire after that, so to move to 60 workers costs $60,000.

The point is, none of this is a surprise. Everyone predicted adjustments like this would happen. Business always adjust to stay competitive. The net effect is easy to predict: full time employment will be reduced, more part time jobs like this are created, private healthcare coverage will be reduced, those who would have gotten private healthcare will now go on government healthcare, you and I will pay for it, overall health expense will rise and Uncle Sam pays for it all with their typical mismanagement.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 02/24/13 at 07:01:15

Webster - businesses dont expand cos they are a charity and like to "employ" people.
They employ people to make a profit. The whole Obama care argument is so "Joe the Plumber".

Seriously, Joe the Plumber was the biggest debacle IMHO for McCain to hitch his carriage to. It was obvious to everyone who heard a word from that fool, he was opposed to Obama or any other democrat on some other single issue - like Abortion or stem cell or gun issue. He tried to make it look like he may be a business man in the future and make a 1/2 million ... which the plumbing business currently he was working @ did not, and worse yet, he made just about 55K.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/24/13 at 14:36:22

Webster - businesses dont expand cos they are a charity and like to "employ" people.
They employ people to make a profit.

Are you trying to suggest the point i was making was something other than that?....

The whole Obama care argument is so "Joe the Plumber".

Joe the Plumber's original point, which is where his 15 minutes of fame came from,  was 100% correct.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/25/13 at 06:09:43

Obamacare is not a tax!

So I've been told...

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 02/25/13 at 08:43:58

WebsterMark wrote on 02/24/13 at 14:36:22:
Joe the Plumber's original point, which is where his 15 minutes of fame came from,  was 100% correct.

Joe the plumber's original point "you're gonna raise my taxes if I ever buy this business I work for and expand it to like 10X and make 1/4 million take home for myself ..." you see it told everyone that he was opposed to Obama on some other grounds ... he was disguising it as being opposed to Obama on taxes ...

Yea you make 50K a yr now, and are the only employee of a business that barely makes 125k total. You will buy it @ some hypothetical time in the future and expand it to where it never was, and make 250K for yourself ... gee how many hypotheticals in that pile ... Then you dont want to pay more taxes ... his original point would have been more sensible comming from someone who was making near 250k ... from someone who made 50k it sounded really like it was something else that was irking him.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 02/25/13 at 17:25:56

Obama's presidency has pushed a lot of these clown into the closet.
The broad categories that now need to live in the closet ...

Racists, anti-gayists, bible thumpers, gun nuts and other kooks.

They have realised that if they say their true gripe, they would be looked upon as whacko or out the 30's or otherwise be dismissed as being "racist" or "Anti gay" or what not. So you dont want to be a racist, so you say you dont like his tax policy.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:49:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Politics...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.