Send Topic Print
Adam Lanza (Read 278 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Adam Lanza
Reply #30 - 02/28/13 at 18:22:41

Just go to Chicago, or anywhere gun control is used as "The Answer".

Why not try my idea? IF, as you say, crime will go where gun control is, then remove it. If crime doesnt drop, then it doesnt. If it goes up, then you may have a POINT that gun control helps control crime, butr I doubt that it will. Either way, the 2nd was put there for the people to have some means to protect themselves from a tyrannical government,

SOoooo
Its only needed in that respect when they try to end it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 02/28/13 at 21:14:50

No the second amendment was put in place to protect OUR government from outside forces, hence the word militia... Many of the founding fathers did not approve of having a standing Army..

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 03/01/13 at 05:00:36

Retread wrote on 02/28/13 at 21:14:50:
 No the second amendment was put in place to protect OUR government from outside forces, hence the word militia... Many of the founding fathers did not approve of having a standing Army..  

Correct ... I dont know how that isn't obvious to anyone - especially one who has been born and raised is US.
Yea I know, they want guns ... no amount of evidence saying anything otherwise will be looked at.

Y'know people are doing drugs and there is crime and there is people OD''ing on drugs etc ... I have a solution. We should have more drugs, it should be sold @ every street corner to anyone who can stumble in and plonk down the $$$.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 03/01/13 at 05:02:04

No the second amendment was put in place to protect OUR government from outside forces, hence the word militia

That's not correct Retread. We can debate the meaning of the 2nd Amendment all day or you can just read what the people who wrote it thought about it.

The 2nd amendment was written for two reasons: 1) protect ourselves in the event OUR government turned on us and 2) protect ourselves in the event our government was over run by outside forces. (think of the movie Red Dawn)

Certainly they figured if they called up an army, most of the soldier’s would bring their own weapons. As late as the civil war when Grant accepted surrender, he let the South keep their weapons.
No doubt things have changed as a few citizens could never combat a fully armed modern army. however, as we've seen in Afghanistan, armed citizens can hold off an entire nation when motivated.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #34 - 03/01/13 at 05:26:02

The USA is no afghanisthan. We dont have the near in defensible terrain, we dont have the seriously motivated fighters, and we certainly dont have home field advantage, and a 10,000 mile disadvantage.

However Yes we have the second amendment to also keep out a tyrannical govt but you think the guns you have are a match for anything the govt has ?

Seriously, we dont have to worry about an external force, and we are no match for the govt, so your guns are useful to shoot some poor less privileged fool or in the 1 in 100 case, for a defensive use of shooting an intruder or a wolf that has wandered into your house.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 03/01/13 at 06:17:04

I hate that argument.
The government has much more powerful weaponry. Then what is everyone so afraid of?

--Steve

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 03/01/13 at 07:00:21

The chances of our military or police force turning on the American people en mass, is pretty much nill... Even if they come to take our guns, they would not recover many, I know mine would never be found..

Again the major problem is not guns/ammo, or any other tool, it is crazy people getting their hands on these tools...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 03/01/13 at 09:33:27

I am correct in what I said about the 2nd amendment.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 03/01/13 at 09:52:13

Retread wrote on 03/01/13 at 07:00:21:

Again the major problem is not guns/ammo, or any other tool, it is crazy people getting their hands on these tools...

And how do you propose to stop that ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #39 - 03/01/13 at 09:54:21

Paraquat wrote on 03/01/13 at 06:17:04:
I hate that argument.
The government has much more powerful weaponry. Then what is everyone so afraid of?

--Steve

No one from the govt is afraid you're going to overthrow them ... They are afraid you'd shoot your neighbor ... or worse yet, your kid finds it and shoots another kid. The govt isn't trying to save itself by gun control. They are trying to stop one trigger happy crackhead from blowing away 30 people @ the convenience store to steal 10 bucks from the register.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 03/01/13 at 09:59:48

Well, you need a license to drive a car, you need to be sane, you need to be proficient, and you need insurance on that car?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #41 - 03/01/13 at 10:16:12

Retread wrote on 03/01/13 at 09:59:48:
 Well, you need a license to drive a car, you need to be sane, you need to be proficient, and you need insurance on that car?

Oh yea ... that will be de-cried by the NRA and the republicons as a "goverment take over of the second amendment".

And it still doesn't address the issue of one person's guns being "co-opted" by someone else cos they leave it in easy access.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 03/01/13 at 10:49:19

All I should NEED to do is DEmonstrate Proficiency to operate a vehicle.

A License is permission From the State to do what would otherwise be illegal..

Look back in history at When marriage licenses became a requirement & ask yourself why

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #43 - 03/01/13 at 11:03:05

Without intending to insult any of our members in certain parts of the country, marriage licenses were designed to do a few things, all good:
Frist, to make sure that couples are of the required age.
Second, to try to keep forks growing in family trees.  As Jeff Foxworthy says, you know you're a redneck if your family tree has no forks.
And third, in the days of rampant venerial diseases that weren't treatable, to get the couple a blood test, but this requirement has fairly well faded away.
Sorry JOG, no grand conspiracy here - just good reasons.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 03/01/13 at 11:10:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/01/13 at 10:49:19:
All I should NEED to do is DEmonstrate Proficiency to operate a vehicle.

Applying this to guns ... I would think criminals are excellent shots. I suppose that should be enough to let em buy em huh, after all The NRA believes Gun control is hitting your target.

The rest, I'm with Jerry's response on those, no need to repeat.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:22:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Adam Lanza

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.