Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Adam Lanza (Read 278 times)
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Adam Lanza
Reply #15 - 02/20/13 at 10:29:01

Again, The new laws will not FORCE them to move, they are choosing to move, to make a political statement.. Maybe we should let the CEO go cleanup the next mess his product has a hand in... Irresponsible gun owners damaged the second amendment...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/20/13 at 11:49:23

" Forced" isnt Just physically, arm twisted "Forced". Forced is also applicable to this situation. It is part of living ones life & acting on Principle.
Not something the left is commonly acquainted with. The left sees no REal TRuth, everything is relative. There is no REal Right & Wrong. I see things differently. YOu think the CEO of a car manufacturer should go clean up after a drunk slams one of "His" cars into someone? Your concept of justice is odd..

The state made a statement. They also showed how they feel & as we've seen in years gone by, that step was just the first step. Why should anyone believe that would be the only thing they banned?

I applaud them, Loudly

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 02/20/13 at 18:23:02

The left this the left that ... dude gun manufacturers have protections against stuff like dead brakes or other BS.
Cars have licenses, insurance, registrations, inspections and a whole slew of other crap ... all of which need to be put onto a gun.

Stuff like Have license have insurance and everything else for the gun you are buying bullets for OK then you can buy bullets ... no license = no bullets ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/21/13 at 06:53:04

That was one of the most disjointed replies youve ever made. You didnt defend your position, you made it harder to grasp.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 02/21/13 at 19:32:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/21/13 at 06:53:04:
That was one of the most disjointed replies youve ever made. You didnt defend your position, you made it harder to grasp.

Gun manufacturers cant be sued, no matter what ... Say you glock leg - look it up - there is such a thing called glock leg, and you dont "get glock leg" you glock leg - I think the official term is "You glock leg yourself", and you cant sue them.

You dont want to grasp it, cos it runs counter to your ethos ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 02/21/13 at 20:41:49

Here the FACT of the matter, a car manufacter does not make a product designed to kill.. Magpul does...

Principle is fine, so is a bad business decision, you want to move an operation, the bottom line should mean more than princible.. A smart business man would be making 15 round clips to satisfy a customer base and the law, for the home state, not moving a business... They still can sell their large capacity mags to the military.. Just a dumb move..

I personally do not see the sense in weapon mag/clip limits, or for that matter any gun ban, but then I am not in charge, I don't make the laws, I am but a responsible gun owner paying the price for the owners who are not...  

I have seen this scenario many times.. Went to work for a major oil company who gave their employee free gas, until somebody decided to fill up all his neighbors cars. Had a boss once who let his employees charge a tab at any bar on Xmas party night, until somebody decided to buy the bar drinks also...

The list is long, but these violations of responsibility of the second amendment has taken LIVES! And make no mistake the second amendment carrys a heavy responsibility with the right to bear arms!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 02/21/13 at 21:19:43

Retread wrote on 02/21/13 at 20:41:49:
I personally do not see the sense in weapon mag/clip limits, or for that matter any gun ban, but then I am not in charge,...

Would you rather drive a Ford Pinto,... with 10 gallon tank,.. or a 100 gallon tank?...
Better yet,.. which would you prefer, every other idiot on the road drive?.. assuming that you will be driving on those same roads with them?...

... or,.. if a gas line were going to explode on your block... would you rather it be a 1" line,.. or a 20" line?...

Now,.. if a mentally deranged nut, was going to go postal at the mall where you and your family are shopping,... would you prefer he have a pair of 6 shooters,... or an AR-15,.. with a couple of 100 round mags?...

Not every gas line is going to break,.. not every Pinto blows up,.. not every gun owner goes nuts...
... but,.. if the one next to you does... then, quantity becomes a paramount concern...
Huh...

...so many examples...
Would you rather your boat sink,.. one mile out or ten?...
... if your ceiling fell in,... better a one story, or a ten?...
Less,... is better....
When the sh!t hits the fan,... I vote for less sh!t...Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/21/13 at 21:37:41

ONE life, ONE bullet, it doesn't matter how many rounds a gun carrys, a trained person with a single shot .22 can kill a lot of people before being stopped.. Thats a stupid analogy, the goal should be to not let a mentally deranged person get their hands on ANY weapon, not limit the amount of shells he has AFTER the fact!

My personal feelings are that if a person wants to own a 105 Howitzer, fine, as long as that person is responsible, sane, and knows how to operate it.. The one thing that ALL the mass killers had in common in the last ten years, they were mentally ill, they did not ALL have AR-15's with 30 round mags, or AK's with 60 round mags, some did their killing with shotguns, some with pistols.. A guy nearby here just killed his kids and himself with a knife, another killed his wife with a knife.. The weapon holds no importance, it is but a tool, a deadly tool to be sure, but I can put a AR in my safe and it will sit there forever unless I pick it up, I am the deciding factor, NOT the gun...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 02/22/13 at 04:56:43

OK and who will determine who is sane ... and who now looks sane but will go nuts in a few weeks ? We blame the person ... but we dont check tem, we dont have funds for that. So every nut has full on access to guns as long as they have not committed a crime before ... except in a few sates like SC.

And better yet, your gun will sit in your unlocked safe, till someone breaks in when they know you're out and steals it ...

A $100 bullet will make sure they cant load it up en masse, and you will make sure its locked up or not have as many sitting around.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/22/13 at 06:14:20

srinath wrote on 02/22/13 at 04:56:43:
So every nut has full on access to guns as long as they have not committed a crime before ...

What's the prerequisite for sanity then?

Let's create a system for mental health checks. Who creates the system? Who judges? Who watches the watchers?

This guy didn't need a high capacity magazine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

--Steve

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 02/22/13 at 07:30:58

According to the new Colorado background check law they are pushing through the house, anyone with a history of mental illness, private gun sales are going to require checks also.. I like the idea, I have nothing to hide..

I pity the darn fool who breaks into my house, first they would have to go through my Bosco alarm system, he alarms at the sound of a cat on the porch, let alone someone breaking down a door.. Then they will have to go through me, we never go anywhere, and I am always within arms length from a 9mm.. Then they would have to try to break into the safe, which is bolted to the floor, and took myself and my stepson eight hours to go in through the bottom.. It wouldn't be worth their efforts, cause even if they did get in, they wouldn't have the ammo, which is hidden other place, locked up..

And just before the so called $100 bullet law goe into effect? Yea, people buy 45,000 rounds for their private arsenals... Like I say, it will only limit bullets for the poor, so you'll have rich shooters.. Ammo is not cheap now, many people do their own reloading, there is always a way to get cheap stuff, cross into Mexico... Know a guy who ordered two 4500 round boxes of AK ammo from Poland, cost him $200...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #26 - 02/22/13 at 08:46:05

Does anyone have and idea when our government is going to come and take our weapons away from us.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 02/22/13 at 09:28:32

The answer to this is never...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 02/23/13 at 15:18:33

Retread wrote on 02/22/13 at 07:30:58:
According to the new Colorado background check law they are pushing through the house, anyone with a history of mental illness, private gun sales are going to require checks also.. I like the idea, I have nothing to hide..

I pity the darn fool who breaks into my house, first they would have to go through my Bosco alarm system, he alarms at the sound of a cat on the porch, let alone someone breaking down a door.. Then they will have to go through me, we never go anywhere, and I am always within arms length from a 9mm.. Then they would have to try to break into the safe, which is bolted to the floor, and took myself and my stepson eight hours to go in through the bottom.. It wouldn't be worth their efforts, cause even if they did get in, they wouldn't have the ammo, which is hidden other place, locked up..

And just before the so called $100 bullet law goe into effect? Yea, people buy 45,000 rounds for their private arsenals... Like I say, it will only limit bullets for the poor, so you'll have rich shooters.. Ammo is not cheap now, many people do their own reloading, there is always a way to get cheap stuff, cross into Mexico... Know a guy who ordered two 4500 round boxes of AK ammo from Poland, cost him $200...

Yea usually rich people dont go nuts and shoot up a school.
Usually rich people are smarter about their $$ (sorry rap stars are exempt from this though).
People buy 45,000 rounds cos it costs 10c per. If it cost $100 they'd buy what they need. Self defense bullets are reimbursed when cops show up to remove the dead guy. You'd buy bullets, but get them back after you have killed the intruder if you didn't shoot the cable guy.
I've posted all this before. A $100 bullet tax that you pay for with cash - not credit card, cash will seriously clamp down on the mass killings, the drive-by's the random shootings ... and affect the self defense shootings very little. Better yet, it will clamp down on the loose bullets in private arsenals ... for $100 a pop you'd lock up our stash wont you.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 02/23/13 at 15:25:23

bill67 wrote on 02/22/13 at 08:46:05:
Does anyone have and idea when our government is going to come and take our weapons away from us.

See they are now funding a study ... the same study that the NRA killed 12 years ago. Then after it takes 3-4 years to do there will ne a "findings report". That will then sit on a shelf while there is gridlock in congress before the 2016 elections. Of course after that if republicons take the WH, it will get shredded. If its democrat, then it will continue to gather dust unless all of congress is democratic. Then it would get approved ... but not before the gun nuts have stocked up for the next 1000 years and the gun companies have made trillions. Remember this is a campaign to sell guns. So it will be bolting the barndoor after the horse has bolted. After that they can easily claim he gun control didn't work ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:23:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Adam Lanza

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.