Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Dr. Ben Carson
02/17/13 at 10:53:43

I presume some of you have heard of Dr. Ben Carson.  There was a movie made of his life story, starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Dr. Carson, called "The Ben Carson Story".
He is a black guy who grew up in poverty in Detroit in the home of a single mother.  He has become probably the very best pediatric neurosurgeon in the world, now head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins.
At age 61, he has announced his retirement from medical practice.  He gave the keynote address recently on the National Day of Prayer breakfast, with many notables, including Pres. Obama, in the audience.
Dr. Carson has left the door open to entering political life.  He is an ardent conservative - just the kind of guy we need who knows, first hand, how to improve the lot in life of those stuck in poverty.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Dr. Ben Carson
Reply #1 - 02/17/13 at 14:09:05

I have noticed that people from a certain background who have "made it" be the most critical of the others of the same background who seem to be circumventing the rules or struggling to do so ...

The example I would use in my case ... I am an immigrant ... I have never been illegal and I have been a permanent resident since 2001 and a citizen since 09. I am of the belief that illegals need to be tossed out, they broke the rules ... rules I treated as gospel, had a bag packed and a full on departure plan in place ... as well as leaving the country one time.

A situation I have noticed - Gynaecologists who are mothers tend to be the most dismissive of womens concerns when pregnanent ... sorta like, yea yea yea its all a big deal to you, like no one has ever been through it before ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 02/17/13 at 14:16:57

Srinath -

Maybe you are right about those who have been thru something being dismissive of others facing the same thing.
I gave up doing primary flight instruction years ago, because I became very impatient of students who didn't learn quickly.  I remember sitting there, beside them, thinking to myself that this isn't rocket science, it's basically just learning how to operate a machine, and why couldn't they do it.  I never said that to a student, but I thought it many times over.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 02/17/13 at 15:47:57

I think he lacks ethics,He got in the lime light and like Obama former pastor showed distaste,Thats the way I see it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - 02/17/13 at 16:01:46

Bill -

What do you know about this man?  From your comment, I think that you don't know much about him.
Did you ever see the movie I mentioned?  He is very ethical.
He got in the limelight because he's the very best neurosurgeon in the world.  He has been famous for decades, not just recently.
I first read about his surgery skills probably 20 years ago.
There are very few black men his age who ever even got into med school, let alone accomplish what he has done, included separating two twins who were conjoined at the head and had parts of their brains in common.  They are now normal, healthy teenagers.
This man is not one in a million - he is one in the whole world.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/17/13 at 19:25:54

Bill read the book,, he knows all about the guy,

Srinath, you understand the Rules of Immigration,, good for you, great start.
Understand the other rules & support them,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/18/13 at 05:46:08

Jerry;
Carson is screwed. He's a black conservative so he doesn't fit the mold the media has for black men.

I'm guessing our friends Starlifter and Sew disagree with Carson. When we disagree with obama we are racist but when they disagree with Carson they are what?....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 02/18/13 at 14:11:05

srinath wrote on 02/17/13 at 14:09:05:
I have noticed that people from a certain background who have "made it" be the most critical of the others of the same background who seem to be circumventing the rules or struggling to do so ...

The example I would use in my case ... I am an immigrant ... I have never been illegal and I have been a permanent resident since 2001 and a citizen since 09. I am of the belief that illegals need to be tossed out, they broke the rules ... rules I treated as gospel, had a bag packed and a full on departure plan in place ... as well as leaving the country one time.

A situation I have noticed - Gynaecologists who are mothers tend to be the most dismissive of womens concerns when pregnanent ... sorta like, yea yea yea its all a big deal to you, like no one has ever been through it before ...

Cool.
Srinath.

I understand and accept this.  As to Dr. Carson, I wish him well, though I have not studied the subject.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 02/18/13 at 15:17:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/17/13 at 19:25:54:
Bill read the book,, he knows all about the guy,

Srinath, you understand the Rules of Immigration,, good for you, great start.
Understand the other rules & support them,

I do understand all the other rules and follow ... what exactly are you referring to ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 02/20/13 at 13:52:04

YOure not really able to grasp WHY the 2nd amendment exists, near as I can tell. Im having a hard time deciding where you are on the 4th amendment,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 02/20/13 at 15:15:44

Boy..... you guys will argue about ANYTHING! Grin Grin Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #11 - 02/20/13 at 15:42:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/13 at 13:52:04:
YOure not really able to grasp WHY the 2nd amendment exists, near as I can tell. Im having a hard time deciding where you are on the 4th amendment,

I don't know where Srinath immigrated from. I do know that Europeans have a totally different outlook on firearms than we do. I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and think that people like Srinath should be politely educated on why the right to bear arms is so important to people here (along will all of our rights/freedoms). Instead of making enemies, try educating people.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 02/20/13 at 16:56:22

OOOO the republicons want to educate me about the 2nd amendment ... isn't that touching ...

You want to show me this interwebringthingamajig working as well .. I mean we have internet in our country, but it comes by donkey ...

There is plenty of amendments that need to be thrown in the trash starting with the 14th. The 2nd not so clear cut, IMHO ... but it was written to help an armed citizenry defend the country and dissolution of the military during peace times, and to be armed to overthrow a tyrannical govt ... neither of which is ever going to happen. The govt has shredded the spine of the 2nd. Now the NRA is using it as a cover to cause fear and sell their product and help random people shoot each other ...

Now after the many manuevers of the NRA, Owning a gun IMHO is an acknowledgement that you have been giving the NRA a blowjob ... much like smoking cigarettes was the perfect way to give RJR and Phillip Morris a blow job.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 02/20/13 at 17:35:15

Congratulations, you have the basic ideas, more so than many Born in America Americans. Now, whether or not Americans will ever be able to successfully throw off the tyrants is not reason to give up arms. If anything , its reason to prepare more. Your attitude may be 100% spot on, but theres no more sure way to lose a fight than tie ones hands behind the back.. so, disarming is stupid, even if being armed is futile.,

My owning a gun didnt put a dime in the NRA's pocket.
Buying cigs, OTOH, did put$$ in someone elses pocket.
Foolish as smoking may be, its not hurting you if I hurt me.
It hurts me if you work to disarm me.,\\

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #14 - 02/20/13 at 17:36:45

To each their own. I was actually trying to be polite and reasonable.

I served my country to help protect everyone's rights. I won't try to deny anyone their rights or beliefs and all I ask in return is that they do the same.

Srinath, your comments about the NRA are just about the same level as Starlifter saying that the NRA is a terrorist organization.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:32:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dr. Ben Carson

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!