Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Adam Lanza
02/19/13 at 07:11:06

Gotta rush this morning, so please excuse the brevity.  There is a story on Yahoo this morning about Adam Lanza, and photos of him.  If what the story says is true, this kid should have been either in a mental institution or very closely watched for the past few years.  He also owned thousands of dollars worth of violent video games which he played all day long- guess who is responsibile for that?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Adam Lanza
Reply #1 - 02/19/13 at 07:42:57

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 02/19/13 at 07:11:06:
Gotta rush this morning, so please excuse the brevity.  There is a story on Yahoo this morning about Adam Lanza, and photos of him.  If what the story says is true, this kid should have been either in a mental institution or very closely watched for the past few years.  He also owned thousands of dollars worth of violent video games which he played all day long- guess who is responsibile for that?

Yes we know that ... as was the arizona shooter who shot gaby giffords ...

But mental institution = screams about big government take over and tax $$$ on government take over of our mind screams from the Tea baggers.

Video games - maybe they were an outlet for some people's violent behaviours ... or not, we dont know.

Mommy's guns and bullets were not locked up. This is all that can be prevented free ... if she paid $100 a pop, she'd have I dunno 3 bullets and lock em all up.

Unless you want to plonk down several trillion and not rail against govt spending like a tea bagger ... this is the only solution that will work.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 02/19/13 at 08:12:52

Srinath -

Again, goptta run for a trip, so excuse brevity.
Yes, the costs of runing modern mental institutions is very high.  One thing that never works, but it's a shame that it doesn't, is that parents and other family members need to be realistic about persons in their families who are mentally ill, don't be in denial, don't think you can make them normal yourself, and don't have dangerous things around.
This guy killed his mother first, and probably would have done that with a kitchen butcher knife - I know, that isn't the same as 20 kids, but even leaving him access to something like a butcher knife is nuts when you have a bozo like this kid in your midst.
First and foremost we have to recognize and deal appropriately with the mentally ill - I've heard your arguments about the cost of ammo, but he could have even strangled the mother with a short rope, as he killed her in her sleep.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 02/19/13 at 08:57:22

Nobody claims that gun control will prevent murder... ...but, it is possible that it would reduce the severity of these massacres...

PBS Frontline, tonight, investigates Lanza's life...
Should be interesting...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/19/13 at 09:19:48

There is no evidence that states she did not secure her firearms.

--Steve

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/19/13 at 09:41:17

Pretty apparent she did not secure them if her mentally ill kid got ahold of em!!!! .. Whats wrong with people? Thinking that a firearm is a tool for helping the mentally ill?? Handing a gun to people with PTSD, autism, bi-polar?? Just dumb...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/19/13 at 11:12:22

We know he killed her.
Did he then pick her pocket for the key to the vault?
Or a key to a cable lock?
Were the guns secured in a safe?
Did he force entry into the safe?
Were there even cable locks?
If so did he cut the cables off?
Drill out the locks?

I highly doubt she forced a firearm into her son's hands and said "Ok, now kill me and go on a rampage."

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 02/19/13 at 11:14:32

& what kind of psych drugs had he been on? You know, the ones that that says on the papers in the package
May tend to cause suicidal or homicidal ideations

YOu know how many of these train wreck peo0ple are on those drugs?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 02/19/13 at 18:48:29

A kitchen knife murder is messy ... killing a person and getting into a car and driving 5 miles to a school ... you're gonna be spotted @ the door ... hey who's that clown covered in blood ... someone call the cops, while I take a video with my cellphone and post to facebook.

Now he killed his momma with her gun ... there fore its definitely "guns not secured"

No one is stopping the near 5000 gun related deaths that will occour in 2013 (stats that have been blocked by the NRA BTW, how many accidents, how many murders, how many suicides, how many mass killings by lunatic etc etc) $100 bullet tax will get that 5k to say 1000 .... 1500. You remember the phrase "he's not worth it" truly, will mean something.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 02/19/13 at 19:48:26

While we all would like some real information in our stats, I doubt that we'll ever really see it.  and not becase of some evil empire plot.  Many suicides, i believe, are reported as accidents so family members wont loose out on the life insurance.   Many accidents were realy murders where someone has been brutilzing a family member etc and finally got his payback...few small town police have the heart to send a family rape victem or beaten child/wife to prison for finally getting back or getting free.   No, while the Truth Is Out There, I suspect thats where it;ll remain.  and if you add in all the strong feelings about guns, well.....
Wink

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/19/13 at 22:34:05

Bullet tax? That is about as stupid as the cigarette tax, people are still smoking.. Then the only people shooting will be rich folk, or people will stash ammo stockpiles before the tax goes into effect? Some have already done exactly that..

If your gun winds up in the hands of someone who kills you, your gun is NOT SECURE PERIOD! These are case's of mentally ill people getting their hands on a weapon, it isn't rocket science. Colorado is putting out laws that govern ALL arm sales, even private, expanded background checks to include mental health. It should be interesting to see how they plan to enforce.. ONE gun shop in C/S Colo, sold over 750 guns since the government started to push gun laws, over 7000 background checks pending right now.. Its called fear peddling, its what the NRA does best..

I have owned guns my whole life, they are nothing more than a tool. Some people treat them like a status symbol, some people have to own every type of weapon they can afford. My guns stay in my locked safe, my pistol comes out at night and is within easy reach, it goes back in the safe in the morning, then into my waistband during my morning dog walk, then back into the safe.. I fire it once every month in practice, I fire one of my rifles in practice in that same period, then they are cleaned and oiled, go back into the safe.

I once had my safe malfunction during a carpet instalation, it took me eight hours to get into it, which included laying the safe on its top and balancing it while I went in through a floor panel.. And its a cheap safe! I can't see a autistic kid doing what myself and my son in law had to do, and if the safe was still bolted to the floor like mine usually was (Carpet install had me move it out of closet), even worse..

I'll be perfectly honest, pro-gun people (NRA) piss me off just as bad as Anti-gun people! Its liking to a kid caught with their hands in the cookie jar, then bitching because they can't get enough cookies in their pockets. Then the anti-gun people live in their own little world, they have never owned a weapon, and would crap their draws if they ever had to defend themselves, or put grocerys on the table without a store clerk... I have no use for either! Both sides are making up statistics, both sides are puffed up, both are part of the problem, not the solution!

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/20/13 at 06:10:43

Magpul is... was... located in Colorado.
In a letter they submitted to the Denver Press (I believe it was) they said if CO passes a magazine ban they are pulling out their 600 employees and estimated 85 million in tax revenue.
Magpul has a government cage code. They produce for whole nations of militaries.
http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?51300-U.K.-orders-Magpul-EMAGs

Whatever ban it was, passed. They said they are now moving to Nevada.
The Suarez Group is offering sales of 30 round mags to Colorado residents only so they can buy them up before the ban goes into effect.

--Steve

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/20/13 at 07:20:37

Paraquat wrote on 02/20/13 at 06:10:43:
Magpul is... was... located in Colorado.
In a letter they submitted to the Denver Press (I believe it was) they said if CO passes a magazine ban they are pulling out their 600 employees and estimated 85 million in tax revenue.
Magpul has a government cage code. They produce for whole nations of militaries.
http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?51300-U.K.-orders-Magpul-EMAGs

Whatever ban it was, passed. They said they are now moving to Nevada.
The Suarez Group is offering sales of 30 round mags to Colorado residents only so they can buy them up before the ban goes into effect.

--Steve

Yes, they are making a statement, kinda stupid really.. You can no longer sell ONE of your products in the state of manufacter, so you move your whole operation? All I can say is adios...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 02/20/13 at 09:00:50

Thats a little thing called
Principle at work there.

Yep, theyre making a product, paying INto the State coffers. The state SOO appreciates it & So Strongly supports the 2nd amendment that they made a law that cost them $$$ & INjured the 2nd amendment.

So, they said BYE! & I applaud them

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/20/13 at 09:20:34

I equally applaud their efforts.
One of their big selling points is that they are designed and made in the USA.

I'm playing by the rules.
If you're going to change the rules halfway through the game I'm taking my ball and going home.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:02:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Adam Lanza

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.