ammo shortage (Read 460 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: ammo shortage
Reply #45 - 02/21/13 at 07:22:49

12Bravo wrote on 02/21/13 at 07:14:42:
Bill, the only thing that has changed is that the media is reporting more on the subject in order to try and sway public opinion. If it isn't firearms being used, it will be other things being used as weapons. There is a reason criminals are called criminals - because they will not follow any law no matter what.

If firearms are banned and criminals then start using baseball bats, are we going to ban bats too?

Its just common sense the more guns out there,It will be easier for the bad guys to get them.When there is and oversupply of guns out there ,they will be come cheaper to buy and the young kids will have them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 02/21/13 at 09:12:37

Why do people want to kill each other, Bill?

Wouldn't addressing that issue solve any violent crime whether it be firearm, baseball bat, knife, fist related?

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #47 - 02/21/13 at 10:40:49

Jealousy, greed and laziness.

If people see something they want, but are not able to earn it, they are going to get it by whatever means they deem necessary. To and including killing the item's owner. By whatever method pops into their heads.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #48 - 02/21/13 at 18:15:30

WD wrote on 02/21/13 at 10:40:49:
Jealousy, greed and laziness.

If people see something they want, but are not able to earn it, they are going to get it by whatever means they deem necessary. To and including killing the item's owner. By whatever method pops into their heads.

Only criminals do this ... In fact those people hope they never have to kill anyone. They dont even want to see anyone. If the public were armed and it was obvious, this group will get more sneaky and really be very very careful, to the extent they may change their line of crime. Gun laws being loosened will make a percentage type difference to this group. You may see a 20% drop in armed robbery but a possible increase in say automotive theft or break in's when no one is home etc. So violent crime will be replaced by less violent crime.

Whacko's kill for pleasure, to stop the pain in their heads, or cos the voices tell them to.
This group does not care if you're armed, they usually kill for reasons that will never be understood by you or me. This group will skyrocket with access to guns being made easier.

You may reduce the "planned" armed robberies by 20% but cause whacko killings to double/triple by looser gun laws. Self defence use may not change much IMHO, but it may be a bit higher, people aren't going to buy a gun when they otherwise wont just cos its easier. People who buy guns for proper self defence do so cos they have been threatened and they legitimately can buy one, which they can now unless they have a criminal record etc.

You may increase armed robberies by 20% but 1/2 the whacko crime with tighter gun laws. You may cause self defence use reduction but maybe not, cos people buy it for defence when they have been threatened ... Tighter is not = not possible. The good people will get them if they have been so inclined IMHO.

$100 bullet will IMHO reduce armed robberies 20% atleast, cos the take in one of those is under 300 usually, and cut down the whacko crime by a big percentage, something like 80% ... I'd think self defence use will not be affected much, you spend a few 100+ on a gun, a few more 100 in bullets wont make a diff, especially when you know it will be reimbursed if your fears do come true.

Just theory, no data = no better theory.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #49 - 02/21/13 at 19:58:10

bill67 wrote on 02/21/13 at 07:08:58:
Has anyone noticed since people are running out and buying guns,There is almost a new shooting everyday.The more guns out there = more dead people.

Look at the crime statistics.  Nationally, violent crime is down, and has been going down for years.  In some places it has gone up, but in others it has gone down a lot.  Mostly places that arm the populace.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #50 - 02/21/13 at 20:06:51

houstonbofh wrote on 02/21/13 at 19:58:10:
bill67 wrote on 02/21/13 at 07:08:58:
Has anyone noticed since people are running out and buying guns,There is almost a new shooting everyday.The more guns out there = more dead people.

Look at the crime statistics.  Nationally, violent crime is down, and has been going down for years.  In some places it has gone up, but in others it has gone down a lot.  Mostly places that arm the populace.

Violent Crime has been going down for years, however no gun law loosening has happened in any measure ... so how you explain that ? I would explain it as unrelated to guns

However in 3 months since the gun buying spree started it has shot up significantly. Somewhere around 1800 in the time since sandy hook.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 02/22/13 at 09:19:37

[quote author=7B7A6166697C60080 link=1359940581/45#48 date=1361499330]WD wrote on 02/21/13 at 10:40:49:
Only criminals do this ... In fact those people hope they never have to kill anyone. They dont even want to see anyone. If the public were armed and it was obvious, this group will get more sneaky and really be very very careful, to the extent they may change their line of crime. Gun laws being loosened will make a percentage type difference to this group. You may see a 20% drop in armed robbery but a possible increase in say automotive theft or break in's when no one is home etc. So violent crime will be replaced by less violent crime.

Then why focus on the instruments and not the crime itself?

--Steve

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #52 - 02/22/13 at 10:35:11

[quote author=0534273424203421550 link=1359940581/45#51 date=1361553577]srinath wrote on 02/21/13 at 18:15:30:

--Steve

What Steve said

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #53 - 02/22/13 at 11:27:40

Roy Rogers was always armed and he shot a lot of guys.I believe a lot of you guys would like to go back to the wild west days.Except you will probability be the first one killed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #54 - 02/22/13 at 11:42:30

I DO know what it's like to get shot at, everything from small arms (AK-47) up to the main gun of T62/72 tanks. I'd rather not get shot at anymore!

After serving my country in the US Army, I am going to exercise all of my rights to include owning firearms.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 02/23/13 at 04:44:51

I said it before and I'll say it again, Bill.
There were surprisingly fewer Wild West gun fights than Hollywood would have you imagine.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 02/23/13 at 05:46:43

However in 3 months since the gun buying spree started it has shot up significantly. Somewhere around 1800 in the time since sandy hook.

provide proof for that.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #57 - 02/23/13 at 14:26:10

WebsterMark wrote on 02/23/13 at 05:46:43:

provide proof for that.

Proof of what ? the 1800 or that is is more than the same time frame before the gun buying spree.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #58 - 02/23/13 at 14:27:32

Paraquat wrote on 02/23/13 at 04:44:51:
I said it before and I'll say it again, Bill.
There were surprisingly fewer Wild West gun fights than Hollywood would have you imagine.

--Steve

And there were many many restrictions as well, no guns inside city limits and no guns here and there and everywhere. More restrictions than hollywood has you imagining.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #59 - 02/23/13 at 14:30:46

[quote author=7576063625322B440 link=1359940581/45#52 date=1361558111]Paraquat wrote on 02/22/13 at 09:19:37:
srinath wrote on 02/21/13 at 18:15:30:

--Steve

What Steve said

Focussing on the crime makes for the worlds biggest expansion of government programs. It will be screamed down by TEA baggers before someone puts pen to paper, not to mention the NRA.

The instrument - a gun makes it end with a bigger pile of bodies ... so cutting off guns is a quick way to make the pile smaller right away, and its free.

Heck I'd support an expansion of mental health programs funded by a $100 bullet tax. That way you have a 0 sum game.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:50:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ammo shortage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.