Send Topic Print
ammo shortage (Read 460 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: ammo shortage
Reply #30 - 02/17/13 at 08:58:38

I guess the constitutional amendment to kill children needs a windbag making a million a year to defend it huh ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #31 - 02/17/13 at 17:28:07

Obama's been the top gun saleman 4 years in a row now. Shouldnt we give him a lapel pin or something?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 02/17/13 at 19:29:46

srinath wrote on 02/17/13 at 08:58:38:
I guess the constitutional amendment to kill children needs a windbag making a million a year to defend it huh ...

Cool.
Srinath.

& what children are being killed? Youve stated youve got no access to data.,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 02/18/13 at 16:43:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/17/13 at 19:29:46:
srinath wrote on 02/17/13 at 08:58:38:

Cool.
Srinath.

& what children are being killed? Youve stated youve got no access to data.,,

Oh I seem to have struck upon a leak from the NRA's blockade (or is that blockage ?) ... somewhere in Connecticut, some time in december 2012, in a school that may or may not have been called Sandy Hook, 20 or so 5-6 year old kids were shot dead by a nutcase who may or may not have got her guns after killing his mama.
How about those kids ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 02/19/13 at 06:09:30

What about all the kids dying of cancer?
I don't see you running to ban GMO corn.
What about all the kids with autism and the studies showing the direct link between vaccines and autism rates?
Don't see you going after the big pharmaceutical companies.

Firearms can be used for good and for recreation.
GMO corn and vaccines cannot.
Why attack a partial good when confronted with so much that is not good at all?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #35 - 02/19/13 at 06:22:17

Paraquat wrote on 02/19/13 at 06:09:30:
What about all the kids dying of cancer?
I don't see you running to ban GMO corn.
What about all the kids with autism and the studies showing the direct link between vaccines and autism rates?
Don't see you going after the big pharmaceutical companies.

Firearms can be used for good and for recreation.
GMO corn and vaccines cannot.
Why attack a partial good when confronted with so much that is not good at all?

--Steve

I am not exactly running to ban GMO corn, true. I am keeping track of it.

However, I have a son with autism, I definitely believe vaccines caused it for him, and I have been treating his problems as such. Everytime I hear the parrots saying "no definitive link has been proven between vaccines and autism" I hear ... this - we have prevented funding any study that is truly independent, we have only funded the a$$holes like Autism speaks who are there to prove that vaccines dont cause autism and pharma has funded only the studies that are to prove vaccines dont cause autism ... AKA, same as the NRA. You dont want to go there, I have fought with people on autismweb so much, I got banned from there ...
Been there done that ...

Worse yet, the NRA is blocking data not even research ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/19/13 at 09:11:19

I apologize if that struck a nerve. I was trying to throw out a wide blanket to counter your argument.

There are stats. I posted the stats showing a decrease in firearm related violence. Ownership is at an all time high and firearm related crime had reached an all time low since ~1993.

Remain calm, citizen. No shortage of ammo here:
http://redflagnews.com/headlines/s6f6kn7s2ka11we00kdp12uow4cnm6

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 02/20/13 at 12:25:34

Why are you so certain its the NRA blocking data? Show me ONE study that shows gun control curbs crime. Everything Ive posted, that youve somehow managed to ignore, is what the NRA WANTS out. Every TIME laws remove restrictions on the people to be armed, Crime Drops.
Louisiana & Florida, prime examples. Go LOOK. Here, Ill do it For you.,,

Search terms

florida tourists targeted crime gun laws relaxed crime dropped

TRY, just hunt, use words to look for things that would demonstrate More Guns = Less Crime
Unless youd Rather live in a world where YOure lied to by those who have an Agenda to control your life. The NRA doesnt tax you, or tell you How youll live. Thats who the NRA is Supposedly standing against. I dont trust them, I am not a memnber, Id join Gun Owners of America myself.,
The NRA wants data out. The only ones who Dont want info out are the controllers, the Goobs.
The same ones who Will Not allow a good study done that would prove the links between autism & vaccines.
Florida crime rates dropping
Posted by David Hardy · 11 July 2006 06:55 PM

Interesting data released today. Florida is, of course, the inventor of liberalized handgun concealed carry permits, of "castle doctrine" laws that allow lethal force in self defense without having to retreat, and a few other such measures.

Naturally, the Brady Campaign used Florida as their poster child for a gun-crazy state. Brady began an advertising campaign to warn tourists against entering this dangerous state. "The �Shoot First� law is a new law in Florida that police, prosecuting attorneys and gun violence prevention advocates worry may lead to the reckless use of guns on the streets of Florida cities." Sarah Brady intoned, ""The net effect of the new 'Shoot First' law in Florida is, unfortunately, precisely what we feared. People are dying who did not deserve to die." Just for good measure, Brady added "Gun violence in Florida could increase in 2005 because Congress failed to renew the federal assault weapon ban, which expired last fall, and Florida has no state law restricting assault weapons or rapid-fire ammunition magazines. Florida also does not require background checks at gun shows, does not require child-safety locks to be sold with guns, does not have any handgun safety standards to limit Saturday night specials and even forces police to let people carry hidden handguns in public."

Well, the Palm Beach Post reports that Florida's crime rates have fallen to the lowest level since 1971. "A telephone message left for comment after hours with the The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington, D.C. was not immediately returned."

You can get the report, in pdf format, here. It shows that, even though the state's population is growing, total homicides fell by 6.9%, and firearm homicides by 6.1%. Given the population increase, the decrease in rates would have been greater.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 02/20/13 at 17:15:31

Yea gun laws get loosened and crime gos down in that area ... it goes up in the areas next to it ... gun crimes should be tagged to the area where the gun was purchased ... maybe ... but we dont have access to that data.
Say we have looser gun laws in charlotte ... you'd study charlotte and say yea, crime went down ... but you dont study gastonia where the residents go to charlotte buy the gun and pop the local convenience store clerk. That should be attributed to charlotte's loose gun law ...

NYC gun crime is almost all by guns bought outside NYC. That isn't proof that gun control doesn't work ... its proof that roads and cars do. Some of em guns have travelled 1000 miles, from SC where you can plead insanity for some crime in court, walk out of jail after your sentence and still buy a gun ... no problem.

Some of this is so poorly designed and so badly counted in, its not possible to enforce it at a local city or even state level.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 02/20/13 at 17:30:18

Yea gun laws get loosened and crime gos down in that area

CHa ching!@!!! lOOKA you!!  TRuth Can come from your keyboard!

NOW, follow that logic..

Loosen the laws Everywhere & What?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 02/20/13 at 17:45:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/13 at 17:30:18:

NOW, follow that logic..

Then crime everywhere will stay as it was ... your assumption is only backed by the NRA's allowed research ... crime will look for the easy target ... if all targets present themselves as equal, it will pick the random target ... in the mean time, you'd have nuts get guns and blow random people off ... actually criminals have a need to find an easy target ... they hope to not ever use the gun. They will go to the easy zone if no easy zone exists, they will stay with the difficult zone ... the whacko's wont, the accidents and suicides and other gun deaths will sky rocket ...
That logic only works in small pockets ... we need full on data to make a better theory.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 02/21/13 at 06:18:00

The reason the rates go up in surrounding towns is that no one wants to get shot in their home town.
Isn't it worth a 15-10 minute drive to another town where you won't get shot?

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 02/21/13 at 06:58:59

srinath wrote on 02/20/13 at 17:45:16:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/13 at 17:30:18:

NOW, follow that logic..

Then crime everywhere will stay as it was ... your assumption is only backed by the NRA's allowed research ... crime will look for the easy target ... if all targets present themselves as equal, it will pick the random target ... in the mean time, you'd have nuts get guns and blow random people off ... actually criminals have a need to find an easy target ... they hope to not ever use the gun. They will go to the easy zone if no easy zone exists, they will stay with the difficult zone ... the whacko's wont, the accidents and suicides and other gun deaths will sky rocket ...
That logic only works in small pockets ... we need full on data to make a better theory.

Cool.

Srinath.

Based on the info available, crime drops where gun laws are loosened, I have an idea,, lets loosen gun laws everywhere. IF, as you say, crime remains constant, because criminals need to commit crime never changes & everyone is equally defended, then, crime will stay as is. No added pain. BUT, if things go as I suspect they would go, crime would decrease where laws were relaxed, then society wins.

Theres no downside,only freedom for the people.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #43 - 02/21/13 at 07:08:58

Has anyone noticed since people are running out and buying guns,There is almost a new shooting everyday.The more guns out there = more dead people.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #44 - 02/21/13 at 07:14:42

Bill, the only thing that has changed is that the media is reporting more on the subject in order to try and sway public opinion. If it isn't firearms being used, it will be other things being used as weapons. There is a reason criminals are called criminals - because they will not follow any law no matter what.

If firearms are banned and criminals then start using baseball bats, are we going to ban bats too?

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 15:16:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ammo shortage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!