Send Topic Print
ammo shortage (Read 460 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: ammo shortage
Reply #15 - 02/09/13 at 15:13:02

Was in WalMart today in Lake Geneva Wi. They have 22 long rifles in stock.$2.50 a box.

« Last Edit: 02/09/13 at 19:08:04 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 02/09/13 at 15:33:12

I drove 30 miles to a Walmart that had a Henry 22. Bought it and I'll be darned they were out of 22 shorts. First time I've seen that happen. Some of the local Wamarts here in town probably have some shorts. I'm gonna scope it and zero it in with shorts.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 02/09/13 at 18:29:41

Can't find any .22 ammo at all around Daytona Beach. The Walmarts are sold out along with all the gun stores in the area. Wally world has a 3 box limit on any ammo purchase if they have any. 9mm and a lot of the other hand gun ammo is still advailable but the prices have gone up by about 30%. .380 ACP ammo was $15.00 a box six months ago and now is up to $23.00 a box. Reloading supplies are scarce, powder is still out there but primers are almost impossible to find.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 02/10/13 at 21:23:29

Try finding percussion caps... I shoot mainly cap and ball. Can get powder and shot all day long. But stupid people see percussion caps and think they are the same thing as primers or can be jury rigged to work as such (which they can't)... Angry

I even switched to black powder .44 Specials, price is stable and the supply is fine. If my fairly collectible (couple grand or better on the open market) Wolf and Klar (S&W custom maker in the 20s and 30s) 3rd Model .44 Hand Ejector (S&W N Frame, Model of 1926) couldn't handle them, I'd be looking for a flintlock or 2 to trade. Got plenty of flint... my driveway is full of the stuff. Just don't have time right now to forge out a barrel, frizzen, pan or lockwork.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 02/11/13 at 01:38:17

LANCER wrote on 02/04/13 at 08:42:16:
Midnightrider wrote on 02/03/13 at 22:36:01:
Looks like I'm gonna have to get something that will shoot shorts. I've been wanting a Henry Lever Action.

I would like to have a Henry.
I really like their 22 Survival rifle

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-HENH002B?ingb=Y#

Didn't they sell that carbine as the Charter Arms AR-7 way back in the '80s?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 02/11/13 at 03:38:37

mpescatori wrote on 02/11/13 at 01:38:17:
LANCER wrote on 02/04/13 at 08:42:16:
Midnightrider wrote on 02/03/13 at 22:36:01:
Looks like I'm gonna have to get something that will shoot shorts. I've been wanting a Henry Lever Action.

I would like to have a Henry.
I really like their 22 Survival rifle

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-HENH002B?ingb=Y#

Didn't they sell that carbine as the Charter Arms AR-7 way back in the '80s?

Charter Arms did or does make a version of it.  Both theirs and the Henry look to be identical.  It has been my understanding that Henry was the originator, but not 100% positive of that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/11/13 at 05:06:09

I'm looking for a Ruger 10/22. I was in Sioux City Iowa this past week, they had a sale and I had time to kill so stopped by. They were advertising the Ruger for $169. Guy said they sold out by noon. Stopped in local thingy's this weekend. The couter guy said they had the same sale last weekend; $169. Had 30 of these in stock. Said first time he could remember, but there was a few people waiting when the store opened. Sold all 30 in hour and a half. They have no .22 or .9mm shells in stock. Zero.

Last night I went on Ruger's website to order one. They are twice as expensive; $339 I think, but doesn't matter; it says sold out.

There's a gun show in KC this weekend and I'll be driving through. Going to stop in there and see if I can find out.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 02/11/13 at 09:54:12

I ordered the Henry from Budsgunshop.com
They are in stock for now...or were when I ordered on the 6th.
Scheduled for UPS delivery tomorrow.
$270.80 total

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #23 - 02/11/13 at 12:47:57

WebsterMark wrote on 02/11/13 at 05:06:09:
I'm looking for a Ruger 10/22. I was in Sioux City Iowa this past week, they had a sale and I had time to kill so stopped by. They were advertising the Ruger for $169. Guy said they sold out by noon. Stopped in local thingy's this weekend. The couter guy said they had the same sale last weekend; $169. Had 30 of these in stock. Said first time he could remember, but there was a few people waiting when the store opened. Sold all 30 in hour and a half. They have no .22 or .9mm shells in stock. Zero.

Last night I went on Ruger's website to order one. They are twice as expensive; $339 I think, but doesn't matter; it says sold out.

There's a gun show in KC this weekend and I'll be driving through. Going to stop in there and see if I can find out.

There's plenty of them here in NC but I've never seen one sale for $169. Thet usually run around $225. You can order a 25 round clip from Ruger, might take a couple of months to get it but it makes for one wicked little weapon plus its just fun to shoot. Walmart sells the Marlin Model 60, walnut stock, stainless barrel for $227. It looks like a $1000 gun. Its a tack driver but it has a tubular magazine that holds 15 LR's. Thats gonna be my next gun purchase.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/12/13 at 06:11:33

I was looking at 10/22's a few months ago. I found the synthetic ones for 169.99.
Good luck trying to find one now.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 02/13/13 at 06:50:56

Midnightrider wrote on 02/05/13 at 14:48:32:
Sri shooting is a sport. Buying a box of 22's or shotgun shells is no different than buying golf balls. 22's and skeet shells arent the first choice for killers. You cant charge a deer hunter $100 for a bullet. All the video game look alike rifle ammo is gone and the manufactuers told the gun shop owners dont try to order anymore until 2014. Protect yourself, spend $300 and get you a Ruger LCP. Its so small no one notices it in your pocket or you can hide it on your person. Get a concealed carry and if you have a good instructor he'll show you how to use and maintain it properly aqnd how to acuratley shoot it.. No Law or Law Enforcement Officer can defend you, I wish it was different but thats the way things are. I want us both to live long enough to meet. To fight evil you're gonna have to shoot or beg for mercy. I'm gonna shoot.

I dont have a solution for all the hunting and this and that ... we dont have access to any real gun death related data, the NRA has blocked it. The NRA is a gun company lobby. They are working to sell guns and ammo ... they would block any information that hurts that, and they will say anything they want to make you buy. They work for the gun companies. You cant file a FOIA (freedom of information act) on it .. you can, but the NRA has cut off funding to the response side of the FOIA ... You need to live in fear, and buy their product.

I am offering a sledge hammer when you could use a wrench if you knew what it was you are trying to remove.

Anyway I have lived in the US for 20 years, in many cases in rather borderline neighborhoods. In the early 90's I had a propensity to hang around NYC, philly, reading PA, atlantic city, and I moved to CA in the mid 90's and still continued that habit. I have had a rifle since my friend in spokane WA in 93 sold me one. I actually have never needed. I have also not had to beg or pay or do anything I was afraid or worried about. Seriously I think the guns for self defense is rather over used, like the Trayvon Martin and the other guy shooting people for playing loud rap ... these are kids ... they play rap, they are effectively a nuisance but harmless. I really think guns make a "weird" situation bad. Anyway I also dont look like anyone can mess with me and get away with it. Its possible that someone else who looks more vulnerable would need a gun ... however I think there are a lot of cases of over reacting like the 2 I mentioned before.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #26 - 02/15/13 at 23:28:09

ammo limit legistation is moving forward B ware

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 02/16/13 at 07:08:20

Ohhh,, the NRA blocked the data,,

Phhhht,, WHY would NRA block statistical data? Every TIME gun control laws are relaxed, crime DROPS,, NRA Wants All the data available.
The gun controllers are the ones who hide the facts, cuz they arent on their side,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #28 - 02/16/13 at 10:46:02

You NRA members kick in some more money to them,They need the money to pay their leader his $1,000,000 salary.He's sure got some people buffaloed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 02/17/13 at 05:27:29

He only makes a million?.... he’s getting screwed. Planned Parenthood does it smarter. The president only pulls in about 400,000 for killing babies but the real money is the dozen affiliates presidents. They are separate entities instead of a single one so they get to spread the TAX PAYER money around more.   Each of them pull in $250 – 300K each plus they have a staff that you and I pay for too. The NRA guy is pretty much by himself in comparison so he needs to jack up his pay a bit more so he's in line with the market.     I guess killing babies pays better than defending a constitutional amendment….

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:07:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ammo shortage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.