Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
What's at the heart of the 2nd Amendment (Read 645 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: What's at the heart of the 2nd Amendment
Reply #75 - 01/28/13 at 04:54:26

How about shooting any president that starts a war on site,That would save many lives and much much money.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 01/28/13 at 08:43:48

I guess the question should be, "How does the second amendment relate to the present time?" .. It really does not, many say the real meaning for the second amendment was to limit the need for a standing Army, some say it was put in place to protect government from outside influence, and some say it was in place to allow the overthrow of a government out of control, or personal protection of said government.

Let me put it this way, we Americans are the biggest bunch of paranoid pussys in the world... If the second amendment is supposed to eliminate fear, it isn't doing a very good job... I'm more scared of my fellow citizen than the government, nut cases, rightwingnuts, mentally ill, and conspriracy theory's abound.. We even think that our military is defending our freedoms, like ANY outside power would even think of invading this nation? They would have to be more crazy than us, there is not a power out there that crazy... Huh

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 01/28/13 at 09:20:33

LANCER wrote on 01/28/13 at 04:16:43:
Let's don't forget drunk drivers.  They are responsible for way more than half of all auto accidents and deaths.  If caught driving under the influence they should be shot on site.  That will provide incentive for people to obey the law and be good obedient citizens.

As Draconian as it sounds we went from a time where if a cop found you drunk driving he'd buy you a coffee and drive you home to sleep it off to a time where you lose your license instantly.
...and it worked...
So why not change the way you approach the problem instead of an outright ban on driving or drinking?

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 01/28/13 at 11:53:35

Starlifter wrote on 01/24/13 at 07:00:44:
"Confiscate"....Bullsh!t.

http://naugatuck.patch.com/articles/gun-hearing-shaping-up-to-be-showdown-c4b...

In addition to organizing a rally in Hartford on Feb. 14, CAGV has proposed legislation that:
Quote:
Requires that all weapons defined by law as assault weapons must be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement, or removed from Connecticut
Does not grandfather existing weapons
Large capacity ammunition magazines of more than seven rounds are to be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement, or removed from the state

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #79 - 01/28/13 at 12:14:02

LANCER wrote on 01/28/13 at 04:16:43:
How about we put a $100,000 tax on every car sold, and make the tax retroactive so everyone who now owns a car will have to pay as well. If you don't pay the tax you don't drive.
This would immediately reduce the 40,000 + people killed every year in auto accidents to perhaps less than 1,000 per year.  Just think, 39,000 fewer auto deaths !  Now there's a plan !!!
That would raise much more money for the fed gov't and everyone would be happy, yes ???

Let's don't forget drunk drivers.  They are responsible for way more than half of all auto accidents and deaths.  If caught driving under the influence they should be shot on site.  That will provide incentive for people to obey the law and be good obedient citizens.

The first idea actually is in place in singapore.
Its nearly as steep. It costs like 10K to buy the bike, and 10K to get plates. (what I forgot to say here was that, singapore has a great public transport system, and wiht this tax, we will see a huge market for public transport, it will be so great, you wont like the result ... all busses all the time baby).

It will prevent all drivers ... including the drivers for good ... the ambulances and cops and those that drive to say a hospital to work.

Now that makes perfect sense to curb drunk drivers if you find drunks jumping into cars (owned by other people - as in stealing) and killing people ... so that happens to your car a lot ?

(Once again, lets talk about anything but guns as killers)

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #80 - 01/29/13 at 03:43:50

Your idea of extremely high taxes on bullets would result in fewer deaths from gun violence so I offered a way to save MANY MORE LIVES by high auto taxes and drunk driving laws.  The analogy was appropriate for this subject.  

The example of Singapore was interesting but their goal was to virtually eliminate cars from the street in order to force everyone on to public transportation, with the result being to have cleaner air, since metro ares in Asia typically have horrible pollution problems.

Once again, guns don't kill people ... People kill people.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #81 - 01/29/13 at 06:07:05

LANCER wrote on 01/29/13 at 03:43:50:
Your idea of extremely high taxes on bullets would result in fewer deaths from gun violence so I offered a way to save MANY MORE LIVES by high auto taxes and drunk driving laws.  The analogy was appropriate for this subject.  

The example of Singapore was interesting but their goal was to virtually eliminate cars from the street in order to force everyone on to public transportation, with the result being to have cleaner air, since metro ares in Asia typically have horrible pollution problems.

Once again, guns don't kill people ... People kill people.

Guns dont kill people. OK not counting the ones who have been hit with a gun till they died.

Bullets kill people.

Your analogy of cars being hit with a 100K tax will work if people are stealing cars enmasse and committing murders with them. And as soon as you produce that evidence, I'll tax em 100k, heck a million.

Now the last many cases have been people getting guns stealing or killing the owners and taking them.

Cars and people in cars kill people ... as an accident. Y'know gas has to cost more, something like 30 a gal. That way people will be driving less. That will force everyone to work from home, or prevent people from commuting 50 miles 1 way etc.

Guns are out there, they cant be confiscated. The owners wont lock em up. I cant see any other way to let the self defence thing work for guns, but not criminals.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 01/29/13 at 06:15:26

I'm not able to work from home.
Why should I suffer the consequences because of someone else's decision.

(See what I did there?)

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #83 - 01/29/13 at 09:37:38

Paraquat wrote on 01/29/13 at 06:15:26:

(See what I did there?)

--Steve

You might want to take it up with the $100,000 per car retroactive tax proposed here then. As for me, I work from home unless I am training or meeting some one etc. I could push comes to shove pay the $2 and hop on the bus, OK I have to ride a bicycle the 1.5 mile to there ... but yea, I wont care.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 01/29/13 at 11:12:22

srinath wrote on 01/29/13 at 09:37:38:
Paraquat wrote on 01/29/13 at 06:15:26:

(See what I did there?)

--Steve

You might want to take it up with the $100,000 per car retroactive tax proposed here then. As for me, I work from home unless I am training or meeting some one etc. I could push comes to shove pay the $2 and hop on the bus, OK I have to ride a bicycle the 1.5 mile to there ... but yea, I wont care.

Cool.
Srinath.

That's fantastic for you. What about me and people like me who have to commute to work?
I live on a bus route. If I opted to ride the bus to my old work I'd have to wake up at 5:30 and wouldn't be home until 8:30.
In addition to that local businesses would suffer as I would be forced to pack my own lunch. They surely aren't going to hire a delivery driver for $10,000 and hour so they can afford their own vehicle.

That was when I worked 15 minutes from home (I live near an on ramp).
Now I work 35 minutes from home on a good day's drive and the bus doesn't head in this direction. Now what are my options?

Edit:
Old work: 4.8 miles, estimated 11 minutes
New work: 15.2 miles, estimated 24 minutes (took me 35 this morning with "slippery conditions")

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #85 - 01/29/13 at 15:06:11

Paraquat wrote on 01/29/13 at 11:12:22:
That's fantastic for you. What about me and people like me who have to commute to work?
I live on a bus route. If I opted to ride the bus to my old work I'd have to wake up at 5:30 and wouldn't be home until 8:30.
In addition to that local businesses would suffer as I would be forced to pack my own lunch. They surely aren't going to hire a delivery driver for $10,000 and hour so they can afford their own vehicle.

That was when I worked 15 minutes from home (I live near an on ramp).
Now I work 35 minutes from home on a good day's drive and the bus doesn't head in this direction. Now what are my options?

Edit:
Old work: 4.8 miles, estimated 11 minutes
New work: 15.2 miles, estimated 24 minutes (took me 35 this morning with "slippery conditions")

--Steve

I am not saying 100K a car tax Steve.
I am talking 100 bucks a bullet - you dont happen to use any of those on your way to work do you ? And even so, is it justified homicide ? If not, sorry you need to be locked up, if yes, you'll get the bullets free.

OK so then take it up with the guy that wants to tax your car 100K.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #86 - 01/29/13 at 15:31:16

Motorcycle might kill ya, drive safely and defensively. Take a MSF Course. You might not get killed.  A gun might kill ya. Get a gun ,go to a concealed safety gun class. Practice safely, ya may not get killed. Its simple as that, none of ya can change the laws or the Constitution, now get on with your life.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #87 - 01/29/13 at 19:49:41

Midnightrider wrote on 01/29/13 at 15:31:16:
Motorcycle might kill ya, drive safely and defensively. Take a MSF Course. You might not get killed.  A gun might kill ya. Get a gun ,go to a concealed safety gun class. Practice safely, ya may not get killed. Its simple as that, none of ya can change the laws or the Constitution, now get on with your life.

Yea but your gun wont be killing you ... more than likely.
Some other idiots will.
OK they should go to training and class ... OK, but then their nutcase kid may get it and blow you away.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #88 - 01/29/13 at 19:57:57

When I said a gun might kill you I meant someone elses gun. Get you a good quality SMALL Ruger, S+W, Glock or whatever as long as it is good quality and dependable and take concealed carry class.  Learn your gun inside and out and practice regularly  safely. Might save your life. All the bitchin and moaning on this forum aint gonna change anything, the neighborhood you live in, the gun laws or the Constitution. Its up to you to protect yourself. If someone breaks into your home and you're unarmed its like not wearing a seatbelt. I never locked my doors till the 90's but this is 2013.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:24:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What's at the heart of the 2nd Amendment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.