Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print
I propose we define 'assault weapon' (Read 1696 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: I propose we define 'assault weapon'
Reply #15 - 12/26/12 at 11:29:26

Serow, I can understand bowing out when you can't win. I guess another question I have for those who are willing to explain their viewpoint would be why is 10 the magic number? Why didn't we pick 9 or 11 or 2 or 17 rounds? What is so special about the number 10? Tons of research I'm sure. No, just people pulling crap out their butts as usual. What if it isn't a detachable magazine as others suggested? Why do the people who don't allow me to protect my family insist on allowing a woman to kill her unborn child? And they are the same people who say that I should take someone else's money because he doesn't need it. I am beginning to see a correlation here. Sorry to get off topic, but sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 12/26/12 at 11:35:46

Singling out a couple of examples, and then making the blanket statement that "Liberals always..." is BS...
I don't,.. and Star don't...

Murder by firearms is down in recent years. Mass shootings are up. Singling out 4 or 5 of these mass shootings as a reason for gun control is BS….

I'm done with this argument... no one is expecting or accepting a serious discussion here anyway... Only denial of realities...

You’re done with this discussion BECAUSE of realities. As Col. Jessup might say; you can't handle the truth.

Bottom line: i don't want you or Star deciding this issue. Unfortunately, you're right; obama won and your people get to be the ones to lead on this issue. Just like the last time when laws were passed and nothing changed.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #17 - 12/26/12 at 11:47:21

"It is first and foremost, my job to protect my family in the manner I see fit based upon the circumstances I find myself in."

Yeah, you never know when a horde of barbarians might come down from the north with catapults and pots of boiling oil...yup, you will need all the firepower you can muster in case that happens.....gotta' guard the old homestead doncha' know,, yes sir indeedy do.

I'm with Sero, this is a bullsh!t post where the gun-nuts can brag about needing more and more firepower to bolster their manhood...sheech.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/26/12 at 12:06:49

Yeah, you never know when a horde of barbarians might come down from the north with catapults and pots of boiling oil...yup, you will need all the firepower you can muster in case that happens.....gotta' guard the old homestead doncha' know,, yes sir indeedy do.

point is, it's my job to determine that, not yours. bug out. It's clear you're perfectly comfortable with womanizing yourself, so go ahead, i'm not stopping you.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 12/26/12 at 12:35:50

"womanizing yourself"

My, what a big hairy chested man's man you must be..do you beat your hairy chest and roar every time you see a 'girly' man?

I'll bet testosterone just flows through your veins like a mighty river...of course you need guns, big guns, the kind you like to oil and feel as your loins tingle. Grin Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 12/26/12 at 12:47:59

Greg wrote on 12/26/12 at 11:29:26:
Serow, I can understand bowing out when you can't win.

Grin Grin Grin...
Can't win?..  
Of course not,.. you've previously stated, that you will accept no answer as plausible...
You are being ridiculous..

10 +1 is a common capacity... Ruger 22, for instance...
Many others are 7 or 8...
I believe 10 +1 is maximum for any standard straight clip...
The staggered clip guns are considered "high capacity"...  as the intention of staggering rounds is to create a higher capacity...
They are,.. by manufacturer's definition, "high capacity"...
A high capacity gun is made for assault purposes... They were originally designed for military, SWAT, SAS,...

Deny reality all you want,.. but there are assault weapons,.. they are high capacity,.. and political climate requires a definition...
You can go along with the NRA's standard denial of reality,... or be serious...
Your choice...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #21 - 12/26/12 at 13:04:21

Serowbot wrote on 12/26/12 at 12:47:59:
Greg wrote on 12/26/12 at 11:29:26:
Serow, I can understand bowing out when you can't win.

Grin Grin Grin...
Can't win?..  
Of course not,.. you've previously stated, that you will accept no answer as plausible...
You are being ridiculous..

10 +1 is a common capacity... Ruger 22, for instance...
Many others are 7 or 8...
I believe 10 +1 is maximum for any standard straight clip...
The staggered clip guns are considered "high capacity"...  as the intention of staggering rounds is to create a higher capacity...
They are,.. by manufacturer's definition, "high capacity"...
A high capacity gun is made for assault purposes... They were originally designed for military, SWAT, SAS,...

Deny reality all you want,.. but there are assault weapons,.. they are high capacity,.. and political climate requires a definition...
You can go along with the NRA's standard denial of reality,... or be serious...
Your choice...

I did not state that I will accept no definition. I gave my opinion of a definition and requested others. And no, 10 is not standard. I have 12 round and 15 round single stack mags. High capacity is NOT made for assault purposes. It is made to hold more ammo. But I suppose people like you won't acknowledge self defense as anything but assault. And the military actually used single stack .45, not the double stack.

*edit: And my buddy had a 30 round single stack for his 9mm. Looked retarded sticking way out of the bottom, but it was single stack. So I guess those should be legal, right?

*edit 2: My 15 is staggered. I forgot the manufacturer put a spacer on the bottom to make them 10 round. 15 was the standard. They didn't do it to get a 'high capacity' mag, it is just the way it was designed.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #22 - 12/26/12 at 13:06:25

There absolutely must NOT be any regulation on assault weapons...

But there absolutely MUST be regulations on a woman's uterus...is this a great country or what? Cheesy

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #23 - 12/26/12 at 13:09:34

Starlifter wrote on 12/26/12 at 13:06:25:
There absolutely must NOT be any regulation on assault weapons...

But there absolutely MUST be regulations on a woman's uterus...is this a great country or what? Cheesy

Nope. No regulations on a woman's uterus. Just a regulation against murdering the unborn child. She can rip the sh!t out of her uterus if she wants to, just not to kill an innocent human being.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 12/26/12 at 14:16:31

I think we should blame the victim and tell them they should have had guns and have been quicker than the killer ...

Like give all the kids a gun, so when someone starts stooting, they will shoot them first.

I dunno, impossible to get gun nuts to see sense ... actually they do see sense in that argument. So we might as well implement it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 12/26/12 at 14:43:04

My, what a big hairy chested man's man you must be

nope; not at all. I'm just not a wussy like you. Just because you like to be  bottled fed doesn't mean every man does.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 12/26/12 at 15:33:04

WebsterMark wrote on 12/26/12 at 12:06:49:
It's clear you're perfectly comfortable with womanizing yourself,...

WebsterMark wrote on 12/26/12 at 14:43:04:
nope; not at all. I'm just not a wussy like you.

Web,.. I don't know what your problem is,... some childhood trauma, a tiny pen!s, bottle fed, or what...
.. but a gun won't make you a man... neither will denying help to the poor,.. and neither will name calling like a schoolboy...
So, be a man, own yer' own testicles, and stay out of mine...
No one here thinks better of you for this childishness...
Haven't you noticed, Web?... not even the members on your side behave like you...
Look at Greg, WD, Jerry,... I disagree with them,.. they disagree with me,.. never stooping to childish taunts...
Act like a grown up...  you embarrass yourself...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 12/26/12 at 16:26:26

10 is the magic number because people are stupid.
The whole reason we have a base ten monetary system is from peasants and farmers conducting trades. These feeble minded folk could only pair up the items they bartered with the fingers on their hands.

As far as slinging lead around... my shot gun is loaded with (in order exiting the barrel) rubber pellets, rubber buckshot, solid rubber slugs, and finishes with two rounds of 00 buck.
Just because someone breaks into my house shouldn't mean I have to redo drywall.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #28 - 12/26/12 at 16:57:41

High cap magazines (like dried food) meant less resupply for alpine/airborne troops. Folding stocks and collapsible stocks took up less room in the transports.

The modern "assault rifle" was developed by the German Army during WW2 for practical reasons. Certainly not for aesthetics or shooting stability.

A factory wooden stock box magazine SKS is a thing of proportional/functional beauty. Give it a plastic stock and modify it to accept 30-200 round AK magazines... not so much. It's kinda like letting Picasso paint over a Rembrandt...

I like my little battlefield pick up CZ made in 1936. It's like a Savage, small, underpowered, overlooked by the "trim and trappings" people... and gets the job done that I need it to do.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 12/26/12 at 20:05:15

but a gun won't make you a man... neither will denying help to the poor,..

agree; never said it would. Never said denying help to the poor either; where did I say that???  I'll give you a million dollars if you find where I said I don't care if the poor starve and die, doesn't affect me. How do you know what I do for the poor? You really don't know, do you?

So, be a man, own yer' own testicles, and stay out of mine...

Frankly, you're the one getting into mine. You're the one reaching into my pocket and giving it to the ones YOU deam worthy. I don't get to make that decision. you're the one telling me i can't own a certain kind of gun because you say i don't NEED it. I don't think I've told you you can't do anyting except kill an unborn baby. Other than that, I don't care what  you do. I might be against it, I will scream from the roof tops, but i'm not stopping you.

not even the members on your side behave like you...  

I go after you and Star because you represent everything that is slowly rotting this country out from the inside.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:58:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I propose we define 'assault weapon'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.