Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Where to get a raptor petcock (Read 461 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Where to get a raptor petcock
Reply #30 - 10/09/12 at 12:13:29

Cheap $16 Chinese rip off clone petcock is VERIFIED then as "an honorable ancestor" trustworthy vac petcock replacement.

Roll Eyes

.... for at least $16 worth of "honorable ancestor" trustworthiness anyway ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-LTZ-400-LTZ400-Fuel-Gas-Petcock-Valve-Switch-P...

« Last Edit: 10/09/12 at 17:30:06 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
lacon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Knoxville, TN
Reply #31 - 10/09/12 at 12:34:34

I also now have one of the $16 Chinese ones in my tool box.  It has (2) 1/4" dia. mounting holes on 1-5/16" centers.  The white plastic filter screens are a rather loose fit though.  I think a dab of epoxy on them would be a good idea to keep them from slipping off.  Or check the existing screens for a better fit.

Remember, the whole idea of using these is to get away from the complications of vacuum operation.  Back to the old ways.  (Therefore, no vacuum port - manually turn the gas on & off along with the ignition switch)

Lynn

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #32 - 10/09/12 at 12:51:22

I rechecked the size of the chinese petcock with a micrometer ,and it seemed to be 3.5 centimeters distance  to the centers of the boltholes. The outer edges of the  base on the stock suzuki petcock was a mm or two larger,I'm not sue if that matters, but the bolthole distance seems to be the same.They mailed it in an envelope and the brass tube doesn't look absolutely perpendicular to the base ,I don't know if it got a little bent in shipping.Does it matter if there is no prime on there?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 10/09/12 at 13:26:47

prime is the equivalent of on

WWW   IP Logged
chad levert

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

louisiana
Reply #34 - 10/09/12 at 13:52:41

no need for raptor petcock, all you need is some golf tees... plug the line on the carb and vacuum line on the petcock and run it on prime, i did this and have had no problems

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #35 - 10/09/12 at 14:04:44

chad levert wrote on 10/09/12 at 13:52:41:
no need for raptor petcock, all you need is some golf tees... plug the line on the carb and vacuum line on the petcock and run it on prime, i did this and have had no problems

but running it on prime leaves you without any "reserve" in your gas tank, so when you sputter out, you are out and can't just switch to reserve  Sad I always end up switching to reserve, so that would not work for me

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #36 - 10/09/12 at 14:06:37

OF   Can't have any of that racial slurring stuff, so I will replace chink-a-clone with "honorable ancestor" to satisfy your enlightened sense of ethnic propriety.

Wink

Quote:
an honorable ancestor

OF,
You might want to consider that most folks of Chinese descent (at least the few I know) would consider the term "honorable ancestor" to be nothing more than a racial slur. I don't believe your intent was to be insulting so I might suggest that you find another way to describe a knock off part manufactured in China.

For what it is worth

« Last Edit: 10/09/12 at 17:39:23 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com