Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Send Topic Print
RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS (Read 6258 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS
Reply #105 - 08/12/12 at 15:43:43

It will be a sad day for Bill whenever Klotz wakes up from its nap and reformulates itself to JASO MA-2  ..... Bill will be heart broken.  

His old red head was the only girl he dated who never tried to smother him to death or else tried repeatedly to cut his head off with a Hattori Hanzo sword.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #106 - 08/12/12 at 15:51:54

That'll make a real WMD - William's Miserable Day. Which might make a change from William's Mad Delusions. Or William's Misleading Descriptions.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #107 - 08/12/12 at 16:02:21

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/12/12 at 15:43:43:

It will be a sad day for Bill whenever Klotz wakes up from its nap and reformulates itself to JASO MA-2  ..... Bill will be heart broken.  

His old red head was the only girl he dated who never tried to smother him to death or else tried to repeatedly to cut his head off with a Hattori Hanzo sword.

Smiley

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRRyDG5a-8VdGUPVhHqE6Nq4...

Klotz is for off road use so any reformulations will be for the better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #108 - 08/12/12 at 16:21:08

Let's not get confused, MX4 was the four stroke motocross oil with the high ZDDP numbers, that was for off-road use.

The street motorcycle stuff's ZDDP level was a SECRET ingredient, remember, so when they get around to changing it they don't even have to announce they are doing it (but JASO MA-2 will pop up on the label).

Why is it that none of these motorcycle oil guys proudly announce the neutering of their products to JASO MA-2?  

Mobil 1 was the only ones with enough chutzpa to say "Reformulated, New and Improved".

.... or enough stupidity, take your pick

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #109 - 08/12/12 at 16:28:02

I use the Mx4.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #110 - 08/12/12 at 16:45:18

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #111 - 08/12/12 at 17:16:13

Yes but the 15w/50,I highly recommend it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #112 - 08/12/12 at 17:17:44

bill67 wrote on 08/12/12 at 13:25:50:
rfw2003 wrote on 08/12/12 at 08:37:23:
bill67 wrote on 08/12/12 at 08:24:39:
Jaso-MA 4T oil like KLOTZ and your worries are over. No boosters needed.

Coming from a man that won't change the oil in his bike because he actually believes some company did the impossible and made an oil that does NO WEAR in the engine.  That's in the same class as all those peeps that fell for Slick 50 and ended up with stopped up oil pump screens and filters.

R.F.

rfw 2003 is that slick 50 what you use on your hair.

Oh heck no.  I would never use a snake oil for anything Smiley

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #113 - 08/12/12 at 17:29:59

The tree huggers, PETA and the SPCA will all come after you for wringing the oil out of them snakes, Bill  --  they say snakes have feelings jest like people do and it hurts them a whole lot to be bunched up and twisted round and round and round like that until the snake oil all oozes out.

Wink

Bill uses a $14.45 a quart (plus shipping) motocross 15w50 full synthetic in his Savage.   And he complains at us that we use a full synthetic HDEO that costs less than $6 a quart (less than $7 a quart after I boost it with an ounce of Redline booster to get the same ZDDP that is in his twice as costly Klotz).  

To each, his own I guess.   Mebbe I am cheap, after all ....      Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #114 - 08/12/12 at 17:31:35

Thats the cheapest insurance to can get.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #115 - 08/12/12 at 17:41:27

Ah, you speak of insurance .....

Bill, will Klotz warranty you a new engine if something oil related happens to your engine?

What sort of engine replacement/repair warranty does Klotz have on its mysterious, top secret mix?

==========

http://www.shell.com/home/content/rotella/warranty/

.... and according to Shell, this warranty does indeed apply to motorcycles ever since they rated the product JASO MA.    

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #116 - 08/12/12 at 17:51:28

Boule’tard wrote on 08/12/12 at 08:01:12:
Well that's weird, how come that PDF says the phosphorus to zinc ratio is 0.717 and this pic from the same site says it is 0.802?

http://www.zddplus.com/imgs/5-Quart_Oil_ZDDP_Dosing.jpg

Just going by the weights on the periodic table, I thought it should be 0.947.  Maybe they are putting more zinc in there than is in the ZDDP?  

Eastwood and ZDDPlus probably scoop from the same barrel, but we sure could use some numbers and not have to make that assumption.

Bouletard, looking at both charts they are drawn identical with both charts comparing to GM EOS Also the phosphorus concentrations are identical, just expressed as a percentage instead of ppm. Do believe it is the same stuff. In fact if you look at the MSDS, they are from the same company.
Oldfeller, based on the numbers in the chart, 1oz zddplus in 1 Gallon of T6 would give a combined total of approx 1575 ppm phosphorus and 2200 Zinc. At $12.00 per 4oz bottle shipped that would treat 4 gallons or approx $1.50 per oil change!  Cheesy

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #117 - 08/12/12 at 18:00:10

87 savage wrote on 08/12/12 at 17:51:28:
Boule’tard wrote on 08/12/12 at 08:01:12:
Well that's weird, how come that PDF says the phosphorus to zinc ratio is 0.717 and this pic from the same site says it is 0.802?

http://www.zddplus.com/imgs/5-Quart_Oil_ZDDP_Dosing.jpg

Just going by the weights on the periodic table, I thought it should be 0.947.  Maybe they are putting more zinc in there than is in the ZDDP?  

Eastwood and ZDDPlus probably scoop from the same barrel, but we sure could use some numbers and not have to make that assumption.

Bouletard, looking at both charts they are drawn identical with both charts comparing to GM EOS Also the phosphorus concentrations are identical, just expressed as a percentage instead of ppm. Do believe it is the same stuff. In fact if you look at the MSDS, they are from the same company.
Oldfeller, based on the numbers in the chart, 1oz zddplus in 1 Gallon of T6 would give a combined total of approx 1575 ppm phosphorus and 2200 Zinc. At $12.00 per 4oz bottle shipped that would treat 4 gallons or approx $1.50 per oil change!  Cheesy

order here       http://www.eastwood.com/ew-zddp-oil-additive-4-oz.html
or here            http://www.amazon.com/ZDDP-Engine-Additive-Zinc-Phosphorus/dp/B003FWUWBM/ref=...

Eastwood on sale at $6.59 for four ounces (shipped for free if you give them your e-mail address) sounds like the winning stuff, then.  

My Nyquil cap has quarter ounce markings, so we are likely good to go even if you were like me and were gonna treat the actual Savage crankcase full.

(I use most of my T-6 in my car "as is" so I can't bump it in bulk).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #118 - 08/12/12 at 19:58:06

bill is the resident Klotz employee.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #119 - 08/13/12 at 10:28:29

Cleaned up the tech post as we have found 1 free shipping Amazon oil that has the required ZDDP.   I was hoping for a bunch of them, but no, only 1.

Tightened it all up and put in the Eastwood and ZDDPlus boosters

We just need Boule's mix instructions and we are done with oils until the JASO frog jumps again (and unless he jumps backwards his next jump will just get worse for us Savage people).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 19:49:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.