suzuki oil vs klotz (Read 1051 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: suzuki oil vs klotz
Reply #60 - 12/11/11 at 00:49:18

dasch wrote on 12/10/11 at 07:54:11:
I find it hard to believe there is "Suzuki" oil. Specially nowadays, I bet they buy tankers of Shell, Castroll or god knows what kinda Chinese oil that meets specs and label it Suzuki. If this was some super modern 150HP per liter engine - yup, I'd follow the manual religiously.

Geee, it appears Suzuki is not the only brand doing it.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #61 - 12/11/11 at 01:06:33

You gotta wonder which 2 doofs couldn't park straight if there lives depended on it.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #62 - 12/11/11 at 04:05:20

verslagen1 wrote on 12/10/11 at 19:23:58:
I wonder what the total production capacity of rotella vs klotz is?

I wonder what the total production capacity of Roll Royce vs Yugo.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #63 - 12/11/11 at 05:47:44

Out of the 11 employees (less the Webmaster, Daddy and Jr and the guy that runs the shop) I wonder how many petrochemical engineers they have to run the various expensive development test rigs ....

Oh, that's right -- Klutz doesn't have any test rigs, they jest put the experiments together and sold then the stuff to the dumb suckers and the dumb suckers "exclusively race tested" the experiments and then told Klutz and son that they had "zero wear".

All the local Bills out there did all their "exclusive" and "extensive" race testing for them to base their advertising claims on ....  so they based their claims on what Bill said !!

That's why the place is so small -- no need for any engineers of any type at Klutz & Son --- they don't need none of them sticky tacky mean old facts or any of that narsty data stuff.

They gots them a Webmaster on their board !!!   And the same class of business license as a general store would have ..... so whadda ya expect from them?

(if the son was a dirt track racer back when I was a kid, then how old is his old man now?   80-90 or so?)

Bill old buddy, dem narsty ol' facts have done come home to see you again .....

« Last Edit: 12/11/11 at 07:03:08 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #64 - 12/11/11 at 06:59:15

Klotz (11 employees) vs Shell Oil Company (22,000 employees in the US alone)

...... which one is the Yugo again?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #65 - 12/11/11 at 07:20:01

Theres a factory less than a mile from me as big as the klotz factory,that employees 3 people,Thats called mordern automation. Its all done automatic by machines.  Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #66 - 12/11/11 at 07:21:55

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/11/11 at 06:59:15:
Klotz (11 employees) vs Shell Oil Company (22,000 employees in the US alone)

...... which one is the Yugo again?

The Yugo is the cheap stuff,you know cheap oil.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #67 - 12/11/11 at 08:45:07

Durn, I thought a Yugo was a 1980's crappy, now totally obsolete Serbian built car that nobody was happy with.

Bill, that doesn't make any sense at all ....

To make your automobile type analogy work for Rotella products you would have to find something automotive that was popular, well tested, that people liked and believed in a lot, that gave a lot better value than its purchase price would indicate, that people tended to hold on to gladly and that they drove happily for lots and lots and lots and lots of miles.

so, the white jug Rotella T dino oil is kinda like a VW Beetle

and Rotella T6 Synthetic is kinda like a turbocharged Subaru

..... and I then looked for something senselessly overly-expensive and oddly rare that captured the homegrown midwest non-technical heritage of Klotz & Son oil products that made some comparative sense.  

Something 11 farm boys could really build ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #68 - 12/11/11 at 09:06:08

I have read in  here no different in the Rot oils just different color jugs.I do believe they would be too tough of oil for the Yugo.Gyrobob said it not me.

You heard it here first -- Bill just said it .....    (read it tomorrow on the Klotz testimonial pages)

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 12/11/11 at 09:34:00

Hey hey, Yugo is in my neck of woods... no oil is too tough for that thing! It burns any and all oils equally quick!

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #70 - 12/12/11 at 20:10:44

I've used Rotella triple protecttion in my S40 and C50 for the past 3 years. 10,000 km on the S 40 and 20,000 km on the C50. Both ran great.
As stated it does meet the Suzuki oil spec ratings. I'm on forums for the C50 and C90 where The Rotella t6 and triple protection oils are also recommended by riders with lots more miles and experience than me.
Just cause its cheaper, doesn't mean it's not good.
The real key is regular oil changes. Thats the cheap insurance, no matter how expensive you oil is.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #71 - 12/12/11 at 20:20:48

Lots of people on lots of different types of bike boards recommend Rotella T triple protection for their favorite dino oil, and the same boards speak well of T6 as a very good synthetic oil.  

Our Savages have 2 distinct things that need what Rotella has in it:

#1 is our antique flat tappet style cam actuators that require 1200 ppm of ZDDP to live a good life.

#2 is our wet clutch pack that seems to lack a lot of the "overkill / overcapacity" some bike clutches seem to have built into them.   Our stock clutch can get the job done OK, with just a little bit left over.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #72 - 12/13/11 at 06:38:53

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/12/11 at 20:20:48:

Lots of people on lots of different types of bike boards recommend Rotella T triple protection for their favorite dino oil, and the same boards speak well of T6 as a very good synthetic oil.  

Our Savages have 2 distinct things that need what Rotella has in it:

#1 is our antique flat tappet style cam actuators that require 1200 ppm of ZDDP to live a good life.

#2 is our wet clutch pack that seems to lack a lot of the "overkill / overcapacity" some bike clutches seem to have built into them.   Our stock clutch can get the job done OK, with just a little bit left over.

The riders on the FJR-1300 forums swear by Rotella as well.  

Well, most of them do,.. some think that oil made for diesel motors is just stupid.  Those guys are not very smart.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #73 - 12/13/11 at 07:30:58

Sounds like theirs a few smart guys there,diesel oil in a motorcycle is stupid.Klotz is designed for motorcycles and motorcycles with wet clutches.  Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #74 - 12/13/11 at 08:30:25

bill67 wrote on 12/13/11 at 07:30:58:
Sounds like theirs a few smart guys there,diesel oil in a motorcycle is stupid.Klotz is designed for motorcycles and motorcycles with wet clutches.  Cool

There are lots of smart guys there.  The ones who think Rotella is not good just haven't caught on yet.  I'm afraid I was a little caustic in my previous post.  They aren't stupid (probably), just ignorant,.. and I use the term "ignorant" in the good sense.  Like when we call you ignorant, bill.  We don't mean you are stupid, we just mean you haven't caught on yet.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 09:54:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › suzuki oil vs klotz

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.